• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn still a 2016 title (Uncharted 4 flyer)

silva1991

Sony or anyone from GG didn't even have the decency to deny Shinobi's rumor

it's delayed alright and I trust the guy who told us about this game since 2014.

Boke1879

it's delayed alright and I trust the guy who told us about this game since 2014.

No company is going to confirm or deny anything based off of a tweet like that. Not saying Shinobi's claims or sources aren't legit, but no company is going to comment on speculation like that.

Soriku

Decency? Their comment wouldn't amount to much besides "we don't comment on rumors or speculation". Which is useless. If the game is delayed we'll probably hear something at E3. If not, same deal.

Servbot24

Banned
This flier doesn't mean anything. Shinobi could very well be wrong as well.

I'm guessing 2017 for Horizon, but I don't think we have any compelling evidence either way.

Indelible

I still think it is going to slip into 2017, probably release around this time next year. I think Sony already has their hands full releasing VR later this year.

Sorry for the bump, but this is in downtown LA according to GG.

CjPXa5PUYAQyjGR.jpg:large

Maybe there is hope for 2016?

Sorry for the bump, but this is in downtown LA according to GG.

CjPXa5PUYAQyjGR.jpg:large

Maybe there is hope for 2016?

There's hope but it is not likely IMO. And this poster sadly doesn't change anything. Uncharted 4 posters were up for last E3 and that was even after a formal delay. I would be shocked if Horizon isn't early 2017.

UberTag

Yep... big E3 poster budget being spent doesn't necessarily mean a release in this calendar year.
Just means we're likely getting a release before NEXT E3... and that includes 5+ months of 2017.

Well that's not true either. It could be that they're waiting to announce a 2016 release at E3. But I definitely think it will release in 2017.

Sony is very smart about their first party titles. I think this is their february/march game. There is no need to shove it between Call of Duty or Battlefied.

Sony is very smart about their first party titles. I think this is their february/march game. There is no need to shove it between Call of Duty or Battlefied.

Absolutely. That's what I have thought from the beginning as well. They've carved out a nice spot for their big first party games in the first half of each year. Unfortunately, for those of us who don't play shooters, we end up with not much to look forward to for the holidays. But it's smart business by them and the third parties that also move to the Spring.

Top Bottom