• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horror GAF |OT| 2 Spooky 4 U

Galaed27310

Neo Member
Thread is sorely lacking the best movie ever.

tumblr_n6jr3mtK741rp0vkjo2_500.gif

I dont think that is the proper defribrillator placement sir

Galaed27310

Neo Member
I absolutely love the saw series and it still stands as my favorite horror movie series. The new reboot of IT is a close second though and im hoping to try to watch Silence of the lambs and Seven soon though those might be better catagorized as psychological thrillers rather than horror movies

Lake Mungo was the last movie that gave me chills. No gore, no flashy effects, virtually no jump scares.. just genuine eeriness.

First heard about it from Jay Bauman of RLM.

Last edited:

Manus

marianne-netflix-review.jpg

Show has been amazing so far and is absolutely terrifying! I'm only on episode three and it makes The Haunting of Hill House look like a children's show.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Trust me, watch episode one. It has more creepy and terrifying imagery than the whole season of Hill House.

I plan to take you up on that. Will report back, also will post more movies I'll be watching; horror throughout September and all through October till November 1st.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Gonna watch this shit a friend recommended to me. It looks like a movie that is an on rails FPS, but it looks wild as fuck. (Think Hardcore Henry)

Last edited:

J-Roderton

So, yeah, Marianne is pretty freaky.
the dream sequence when she was in bed with her boyfriend was scary as shit.
I am watching the dub. I've heard worse.

Manus

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hell House 3 is out. It's gonna take a lot to redeem how bad the second one was. Doubt it lives up to the first one.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
It does not, in fact, redeem the second. Wife fucking loves all of them, but 3 fell flat. Not as many scares. Cool story, though.

The ending was meh, but at the same time it was like whoa..
Saw Annabelle Comes Home, it was surprisingly fun and sometimes eerie.
7/10 I had low expectations going in, just didn't like the CG in certain scenes.

Dark Star

Marianne on Netflix is creepy as hell. I watched a few episodes with a surround sound system in the middle of the night, lights off, nobody else in the house. I got chills down my spine during that scene. Stephen King recommends terrifying stuff on Twitter very often, and this was a suggestion I'm glad I tried. I don't watch many French related films or shows, but it's a unique way to enjoy horror. Actually, the French language, culture and mannerisms make the main antagonist very frightening lol.

Last edited:

plushyp

Has anyone watched Lake Mungo (2008)? It's not an especially scary film but the overbearing sense of dread gets to you and a few things caught me by surprise. Definitely worth a watch and it was one of the rare times that I had to take a break after watching something.

What was that recent remake about the coven of witches, and they're in like a balet dance studio in Europe.

Fuck I can't remember the name lol. I was gonna ask if it's worth a watch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom