• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hostess debuts new Chocolate Twinkies, re-brands Chocodiles as Fudge Covered Twinkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hostess Unveils New Chocolate Twinkies

As part of the brand's efforts to offer new flavors, Hostess introduces new Chocolate Cake Twinkies.

The new snack cake replaces the signature golden sponge cake of the Twinkie with chocolate cake to do with the standard creme filling.

According the the brand's research, the new Twinkies scored high in "concept tests" as well as blind tastes tests.

In addition to the new Chocolate Cake Twinkies, Hostess re-branded Chocodiles as "Fudge Covered Twinkies." In addition to the name change, they've tweaked the recipe a bit with: a larger size, higher creme-to-cake-ratio, a more intense, "better-tasting" fudge coating, and slightly modified (more rounded) shape.

PTUWB32.jpg
u0qio1L.jpg

Will Hostess go new flavor crazy with Twinkies like Nabsico has been doing with Oreos?

Chocolate Cake Twinkies aka "Zingers without the delicious icing."

Branding is everything :p

a larger size, higher creme-to-cake-ratio, a more intense, "better-tasting" fudge coating, and slightly modified (more rounded) shape.

They must mean by volume, because going by that packaging twinkies have definitely gotten lighter over the course of time. Here's an amazon listing for a box of 10 at 15 oz instead of the 13.58 on this packaging.

I just want the Twinkies with the cream and strawberry fruit filling back. Those were the shit when I was a kid. The strawberry-flavored cream thing they made a few years ago was just a cheap imitation.

Miles X

Why does American packaging look so cheap, like the illustration not the materials.

kinda stuff you avoid here (UK) cos you know it's utter cheap crap.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Hard to top this.

ALRYWx0.jpg

But they seem to be all the rage in America?

I've never once seen nice packaging on American food. It's so garish, childish and loud.

These are foods you buy at a dollar store bodega. I wouldn't say Hostess cakes are a rage. The entire "oh my god twinkies are gone!" was a cry for nostalgia. We weren't buying Twinkies, we just noticed they disappeared. It's like when everyone gets sad that the lunch lady no one spoke to died.

Xe4

Banned
Hostess was a mistake. Little Debbie is better without a doubt. Zebra Cakes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Twinkies

Amory

We weren't buying Twinkies, we just noticed they disappeared. It's like when everyone gets sad that the lunch lady no one spoke to died.

mmm...I was definitely buying twinkies

and wonder bread. and the occasional fruit pie.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'd buy both if I saw them.

Still wish I'd had the chance to try the ghostbusters themed ones that came out for the reboot film. I guess they were Walmart exclusive? I could never find them.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I burnt myself out on Twinkies back when the Ghostbusters flavors were available last year.

I did see these at Target over the weekend though, which made me question reality for a moment.

s-l300.jpg

Falchion

I burnt myself out on Twinkies back when the Ghostbusters flavors were available last year.

I did see these at Target over the weekend though, which made me question reality for a moment.

s-l300.jpg

They're the fucking best. Go buy them and put them in the freezer for a few hours.

brau

Having played too much Yakuza 0 i expected the debut Hostess to be a Hostess not the brand hahaha. The truth is less amusing. :(

little debbies snacks are all terrible. The oatmeal cream pies are ok every once in a while I guess.

I'd even take Drake's over little debbies

I did try one of the large, single packaged oatmeal cream pies some time ago and that was ok.

The rest of their cakes though, just pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom