• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

House Impeachment Hearing, Live Thread

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
"We're the extremists? I don't think so!" says the Republican representative who just last week was hiding in that same chamber, defended by armed agents, as a howling mob of Republican seditionists tried to force their way in to kill him.

Aug 24, 2016
"We need to remove the white supremacist in chief." "If we don't remove a white supremacist that incited a white supremacist rally."

Well i guess all those Black people at the rally and the riots didn't actually exist. or they are now all labeled white.

Also notice how this lady was introduced as "new" that's one brainwashed person who clearly doesn't know what's been going on but somehow won a house seat.

"somehow"

Reactions: Brazen

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
California
manabyte.com
Dan Crenshaw always seems to.
sub pop smoking GIF by Sub Pop Records

th4tguy

Feb 17, 2013
Your analogy isn’t quite right because innocent people died this summer, not guilty people, like a fellow inmate. The fact that a rag tag group could stop what was going on in the Capitol says more about the seriously underprepared security of the building. Personally, I value human lives lost more than the ability of a government to function for a short period of time. Governments can be restored, you can’t bring back the dead.
That's fair. I was mainly pointing out the ability to retaliate between the two groups. Little to none - prisoner/ regular people vs A shit ton - politicians / warden.

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020
That's fair. I was mainly pointing out the ability to retaliate between the two groups. Little to none - prisoner/ regular people vs A shit ton - politicians / warden.

I am seriously disturbed by anyone who had a weapon, zip ties, creates bombs, etc. Any thugs trying to physically harm or threaten the politicians is worse than someone doing the same in random cities.

Ixiah

Banned
Feb 16, 2018
Holy hell, this isnt grandstanding anymore, thats Giantstanding.
Open lies, no one calls for evidence, all hearsay and interpretations of an Interpretation.
How can anyone see this and congratulate themself they voted for Dems ?

Reactions: Sparhavoc

sw0mp_d0nk3y

Jun 3, 2013
New Hampshire
Holy hell, this isnt grandstanding anymore, thats Giantstanding.
Open lies, no one calls for evidence, all hearsay and interpretations of an Interpretation.
How can anyone see this and congratulate themself they voted for Dems ?
I can't stand most of the dems, but I congratulate myself for voting for them. They are doing some good right now, and so are some republicans. Great day for America.

Sparhavoc

Sep 4, 2020
I can't stand most of the dems, but I congratulate myself for voting for them. They are doing some good right now, and so are some republicans. Great day for America.
I think it's embarrassing america in all honesty. They would rather impeach than better the lives of many

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020
I think it's embarrassing america in all honesty. They would rather impeach than better the lives of many

Let’s be honest, Jan 6, the last four years, hell the last several decades have been embarrassing for America. The last time politicians worked together and stood up for the country was a brief time after 9/11. Both sides need to quit the shit and actually try to work together.

NecrosaroIII

Feb 2, 2020
www.weeabuds.com
Let’s be honest, Jan 6, the last four years, hell the last several decades have been embarrassing for America. The last time politicians worked together and stood up for the country was a brief time after 9/11. Both sides need to quit the shit and actually try to work together.
We need to end political parties. Return to serving the country, not the party.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018
www.kickstarter.com
Oh we are doing this again?

So the Democrats are currently in contention with the radical communist wing of their party, many of which would not agree with this, while they are pushing all republicans, including the ones who don't like Trump, and many right leaning independents out of reach. After today, they[Right leaning voters] will no longer be able to be herded by anyone from the Democrat party ever again, and instead if they ever object to a Republican leader they will likely now not vote or move to a third party candidate.

This means that the ongoing feud between the communist left wing, veiled as progressives, and the DNC will after today assuming they vote for impeachment, make it so the DNC will rarely win any major election ever again for an indefinite amount of time going into the future since they don't have any unity between both wings, while the Republicans will continue to be unified.

This is the dumbest most ill-conceived political move I've ever seen, but hey it's there funeral.

Reactions: Ixiah
Feb 3, 2015
I am not following the politics closely in America but what exactly is he getting impeached for, did he not tell the people to go home and do it peacefully?

i recall a speech he made on the tv saying that.
In the same video he told them the election was stolen. (Ie what inspired them to storm the capitol in the first place)

The timeline of what Trump was doing as it happened makes him look even worse, and proves what his intentions were. Saying 'be peaceful' after they have already stormed the capitol means to me 'don't hurt anyone... as you storm the capitol and stop the election certification'.

Look at the timeline of the capitol against this tweets and late response. All that and if reports of him watching the news in delight are true he should be impeached and then impeached again just to make sure it sticks.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Apr 26, 2020
Does Trump truly believe the election was rigged? I mean, in some ways, it seems like he has a good point. What's all this about votes turning up in Pennsylvania that are signed by dead people? And isn't it a bit weird that there was such a push by the Left to allow voting without a signature? Maybe someone can help me understand this. Because if there truly was a rigged election, I can hardly blame him for taking a radical stand.

But I'm not saying the election was rigged. I understand there is also some evidence, like the case being thrown out by certain judges, that point towards a legit election. Look, I don't know, because I haven't done the adequate homework. I think a lot of people are like me, but choose to have a strong opinion anyway. Because, it's one thing to read an article but another entirely to source it, search for outside context, and gain full trust in it. As I'm also sure there are some out there who have earned their hard stance on the matter. I'm still finding my way around it.

Last edited:

Mass Shift

Jun 12, 2019
We have guardsmen sleeping on the floor of the Capital. That right there should be enough to tell people that this is not normal for us.

I heard arguments being made for not impeaching because of the time table. Few of them actually touched the insurrection itself.

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
I feel like I’ve seen this show before and the ending was unsatisfying. There’s only a week left. If you ever wondered whether politics was all theater, this is a perfect example of that.

Reactions: Guilhermegrg

Mass Shift

Jun 12, 2019
So does anyone know what the timer at the bottom is for? I though that was the time-limit for voting but that's clearly not the case.
That timer is rarely ever enforced. lol

If you were in Congress you could even run up and change your vote right now if you wanted.

Batiman

Danger: male feminist
Feb 11, 2020
Does Trump truly believe the election was rigged? I mean, in some ways, it seems like he has a good point. What's all this about votes turning up in Pennsylvania that are signed by dead people? And isn't it a bit weird that there was such a push by the Left to allow voting without a signature? Maybe someone can help me understand this. Because if there truly was a rigged election, I can hardly blame him for taking a radical stand.

But I'm not saying the election was rigged. I understand there is also some evidence, like the case being thrown out by certain judges, that point towards a legit election. Look, I don't know, because I haven't done the adequate homework. I think a lot of people are like me, but choose to have a strong opinion anyway. Because, it's one thing to read an article but another entirely to source it, search for outside context, and gain full trust in it. As I'm also sure there are some out there who have earned their hard stance on the matter. I'm still finding my way around it.
I think it’s just general fraud that happens every election. I just don’t believe there was any large scale shenanigans like trump believes or else he would’ve proven it already. Also the fact that he was hinting about this happening way before the election makes me believe he would use this as an excuse just in case he lost. Then again we only read articles and don’t know shit. At that point I just leave it to the courts to decide

Last edited:
Reactions: Bitmap Frogs

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
But that would be no waste, because the timer is at 0.
Oh no. You’re supposed to keep track. It’s like a game. I’m at 8 minutes. At the end we can all compare and the winner will be the person with the lowest score. The rest of us will be losers.

Last edited:

Ixiah

Banned
Feb 16, 2018
Can someone explain to me why an interpretation is enough for impeachment, but when the Speaker of the House openly calls for Riots, nothing happens ?
Still think you voted for the better option ?

Reactions: decisions
Oct 10, 2018
www.kickstarter.com
This actually ended up a lot closer than I though. They only got 10 Republicans to join in.

But this is political suicide for the Democrats, that haven't even gotten their communist wing under control in their own party, they should have fixed that first before doing something like this.

decisions

Jun 16, 2015
Can someone explain to me why an interpretation is enough for impeachment, but when the Speaker of the House openly calls for Riots, nothing happens ?
Still think you voted for the better option ?

The pandemic was the strongest political tool the Democrats could have ever asked for. It is the only thing that has affected American life on home soil in a major way, for everyone, since the Civil War.

It became difficult to see that voting in the current Democratic platform would be even more dangerous. Let’s hope we’re wrong on that one.

sw0mp_d0nk3y

Jun 3, 2013
New Hampshire
Is it ?
4 women accused him of rape thats not what we are talking about.
Whataboutism much ?
18 for Trump, but whose counting? They're both likely rapists, I wouldn't defend either one of them. But yeah doing the mobster pressure to get people to make up evidence (or votes more recently) should be grounds for impeachment. Many agree, including republicans. So yeah.

Reactions: Guilhermegrg

DESTROYA

Jan 1, 2011
USA
18 for Trump, but whose counting? They're both likely rapists, I wouldn't defend either one of them. But yeah doing the mobster pressure to get people to make up evidence (or votes more recently) should be grounds for impeachment. Many agree, including republicans. So yeah.
I guess you are since you first brought up Clinton in the first place which has nothing to fo with this case.
Not sure what point you were trying to make moving goal posts but TDS is not a curable disease I guess.

sw0mp_d0nk3y

Jun 3, 2013
New Hampshire
I guess you are since you first brought up Clinton in the first place which has nothing to fo with this case.
Not sure what point you were trying to make moving goal posts but TDS is not a curable disease I guess.
You started the reply, and we disagree about the Trump's first impeachment being valid. I brought up Clinton's impeachment because it is the only other one I've ever seen to measure validity by, not to defend Clinton. What goal posts am I moving? You're not really making much sense.