• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

House Impeachment Hearing, Live Thread

DESTROYA

Jan 1, 2011
USA
You started the reply, and we disagree about the Trump's first impeachment being valid. I brought up Clinton's impeachment because it is the only other one I've ever seen to measure validity by, not to defend Clinton. What goal posts am I moving? You're not really making much sense.
You are delusional if you think the first impeachment trial was nothing but a stain on Democrats after the senate acquitted of any wrong doing.

Reactions: Singular7
Oct 10, 2018
www.kickstarter.com

Found this, so basically remove now is impossible, so what was the point again? I mean like I said the Democrats have got to be advised by some of the most top incompetent people in the country. Far-left is wrecking the party and they are pushing away moderates they NEED to win election I don't get it.

What's the strategy here?

Feb 3, 2015
You are delusional if you think the first impeachment trial was nothing but a stain on Democrats after the senate acquitted of any wrong doing.
Trump could shoot someone on fifth avenue and they would acquit. Hell, Trump could even incite a mob to attack the capitol to stop the electoral certification and they would still acquit. !

Found this, so basically remove now is impossible, so what was the point again? I mean like I said the Democrats have got to be advised by some of the most top incompetent people in the country. Far-left is wrecking the party and they are pushing away moderates they NEED to win election I don't get it.

Take away his pension and make sure he can't run for office again.

And to make sure no one ever tries this again when it isn't their last 2 weeks.

DESTROYA

Jan 1, 2011
USA
Trump could shoot someone on fifth avenue and they would acquit. Hell, Trump could even incite a mob to attack the capitol to stop the electoral certification and they would still acquit. !

Take away his pension and make sure he can't run for office again.

And to make sure no one ever tries this again when it isn't their last 2 weeks.
Ridiculous anecdotes are stupid don’t you think ?

Pumpkin Seeds

Jul 13, 2018
I just want Trump to pardon Assange and flip the bird on his way out.

The impeachment thing ranges from pathetic to highly dangerous.

Reactions: Sparhavoc

DESTROYA

Jan 1, 2011
USA
Yes you said that in your first response. You think I'm delusional. I can live with that. Sorry you're having a bad day. Best wishes.
Lol... sorry you cant handle having a discussion on a gaming forum.
Do you need a hug ?
I’m having a great day thanks, one of my stocks made me a lot of money today but nice trying to frame things that aren’t true in any way.
Be better not dumber

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: sw0mp_d0nk3y

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde

Political Virtue Signaling so when he runs again they can say "He was impeached twice!"

he could be impeached a trillion times and I'll still vote for him.

Lol... sorry you cant handle having a discussion on gaming forum.
Do you need a hug ?
I’m having a great day thanks, one of my stocks made me a lot of money today but nice trying to frame things that aren’t true in any way.
Be better not dumber

I've been pretty much a political poster since I joined the forum. None of these new yahoos bothered to debate until their guy won when the forum moderation allowed for dissenting views unlike the other forum. So their fear didn't stem from being silenced by moderators but from a perceived lack of political power of their side of the political spectrum. Their argument requires federal control from a certain party and not the argument itself. What's the C word for a person who shows up only when it's advantageous is?

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: DESTROYA

DESTROYA

Jan 1, 2011
USA
Political Virtue Signaling so when he runs again they can say "He was impeached twice!"

I've been pretty much a political poster since I joined the forum. None of these new yahoos bothered to debate until their guy won when the forum moderation allowed for dissenting views unlike the other forum. So their fear didn't stem from being silenced by moderators but from a perceived lack of political power of their side of the political spectrum. Their argument requires federal control from a certain party and not the argument itself. What's the C word for a person who shows up only when it's advantageous is?
Cunt or coward ?
English is not my native language but those are the only C word I know.

sw0mp_d0nk3y

Jun 3, 2013
New Hampshire
I'm not normally one to butt into someone's sex life but a sitting official having an affair makes them an immediate blackmail target. Him lying about it happening is an exact reason that we should be concerned about those things.
I can see that reasoning, but many politicians have affairs and lie about them, including presidents, and no one tries to remove them from office for it. Clinton lied under oath, which is why he was impeached. I'm fine with that. I'm fine with Presidents being held accountable and impeached.

shoplifter

Jun 7, 2004
ohio
I can see that reasoning, but many politicians have affairs and lie about them, including presidents, and no one tries to remove them from office for it. Clinton lied under oath, which is why he was impeached. I'm fine with that. I'm fine with Presidents being held accountable and impeached.
I agree, the issue was the lying under oath about it. I don't believe he should have been impeached (nor was he) for the affair itself. I still believe it's not something we should be accepting when our highest elected officials do, simply because of the security risk.

Reactions: sw0mp_d0nk3y

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
May 31, 2013
Fetid, rotted, cursed Isz
More waste of our time and money. Also, those praising McConnell after calling him turtle and other stupid shit. Eat shit, hypocrites.

One of my favorite words in existence. Cunt.

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde
Cunt or coward ?
English is not my native language but those are the only C word I know.

I wouldn't take any of these Post 11/4 jokers seriously.

Maybe the Republicans at that time wanted to impeach Clinton day one? Entirely plausible and I think it was political theater designed to ding his Presidency more than anything. The difference is the Republicans didn't broadcast it to everyone like the Democrats did. That one Democrat congressman, I can't think of his name ATM. The one that looks like an old school Trek TOS Klingon calling for impeachment only a couple of months after the 2016 win. So even if an impeachment is legitimately warranted it will always be under the optics of political theater. Just like it is right now. It's all political theater.

Last edited:

Singular7

Jan 9, 2018

Agreed, makes them look extremely petty and foolish.

The MSM-DNC organism is powerful and convinces a lot of people, but anyone with a lukewarm+ IQ is at least skeptical of these jokers.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: DESTROYA

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
Speaking of much of what was debated, The Daily Show put another "Heroes of ...." video.