House intelligence chair announces sweeping investigation into Trump's finances and Russia

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/06/po...pts-mueller/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced Wednesday a broad investigation his committee would undertake "beyond Russia" into whether President Donald Trump's financial interests are driving his actions.

Schiff said the investigation would "allow us to investigate any credible allegation that financial interests or other interests are driving decision-making of the President or anyone in the administration."

"That pertains to any credible allegations of leverage by the Russians or the Saudis or anyone else," Schiff told reporters after the House Intelligence Committee's first meeting in the new Congress.*

In a statement, Schiff said the investigation would include a continued probe into Russia's actions during the 2016 election and contacts between the Russia and Trump's team, as well as an examination of "whether any foreign actor has sought to compromise or holds leverage, financial or otherwise, over Donald Trump, his family, his business, or his associates."

Jan 8, 2018
And the butthurt continues for Democrat's over losing the 2016 elections. They will only stop being butthurt when a Democrat wins the White House. Therefore i propose that barring any actual evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians that he wins another 4 years as President because Democrats and SJW's can't possibly throw a temper tantrum for 8 years straight, can they?

Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Okay, so since Russiagate is turning up as a fabrication, let's just keep digging deeper until we find something that we can use.

Good use of taxpayer money? This has gotten ridiculous.

For the sake of argument, I'll concede that Trump is a crook. It's not a matter of whether or not Trump is guilty of some crime from some point of his life (I'm sure he is). It's that we've gone from the possibility of Trump being a Russian agent (which was openly claimed on mainstream news channels) to Trump possibly having financial interests that are driving his actions.

Feb 21, 2018
Well when you just destroyed the Dems and showed them to be divisionist this all you got left. Said in the other thread what are the Dems going to run on in 2020? Lets take away jobs from blacks? Lets have less women in jobs? Lets make the economy worse? Lets let illegals continue into the country to commit more crime and spread drugs? Lets go back to being a net importer of energy? Lets let antismetisim back into the USA and F' Israel? Lets gut the military and send more troops into the Middle east?

All the Dems have now is Orange Man Bad and thats it. They have no platform aside from we will give everyone free stuff and somehow "rich" people will pay for it all, and lets kill babies in the 3rd trimester and keep shouting how racist Trump is while he highlights 2 black people brinigng tears to the nations eyes and stands infront of a group of young black conservatives being cheered on.

Feb 16, 2018
Just accuse him of workshipping the Devil, it worked with the Templars....
But yeah holy fuck, if Shillary would be investigated this much the Dems would scream Night and Day, its getting embarrassing.

Dec 3, 2013
All this serves as a psychological warfare for the voter base. They probably deep down no they're not going to find anything, but they do know the court of public opinion doesn't honor due process. So all you have to say is that an investigation is launched then people automatically shout, GUILTY!, with their mindset.

Strategically launched (announced rather) right after the the SOTU. So now CNN friends will just run with this for the next few weeks.

It's political Warfare, and they're going to keep these investigations going all the way through to 2020, and this will be some of the main talking points at primary debates.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2017
Just accuse him of workshipping the Devil, it worked with the Templars....
But yeah holy fuck, if Shillary would be investigated this much the Dems would scream Night and Day, its getting embarrassing.
With Hilary Clinton, she actually broke real laws which the Justice Department/FBI convenient choose to ignore. If there was ever a doubt that a double standard exist for men/women, republican/democrat, it's on full display in her case. There were people who got more punishment for doing less than what she did.

This whole narrative about Trump colluding with Russia and now Trump being financially motivated by "entities" is obliviously a veil attempt by the radical left to delegitimize Trump's 2016 election win. They have not come to grip with the fact that the majority of Americans are moderate leaning right. They have no real solution to very serious problems in America, such as growing crime, economic stagnation, racial tension, so they throw distractions to placate their increasingly deranged and unhinged base.

Feb 16, 2018
I guess you missed 8 republican lead investigations that turned up nothing then. Talk about embarrassing.
You mean the Investigations where People got arrested when they wanted to spill Dirt on the Clintons, led by their FBI Labdog ?
Yeah its a Mystery why they didnt turn anything up, just delete your Email, no need to investigate this.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced Wednesday a broad investigation his committee would undertake "beyond Russia" into whether President Donald Trump's financial interests are driving his actions.
Gee I wonder what Schiff or any US politician ever (aside from the handful that only accept personal contributions) would have to say about if their main corporate campaign contributors are driving their actions too :unsure:

Jun 13, 2014
USA
I would assume this probably means Mueller is a bust.

Not exactly a good look for this to be your first order of business after the state of the union address.

Jun 17, 2004
USA
convenient that is the day after his STOU no?

Gotta steal that thunder from Trump somehow.
I would assume this probably means Mueller is a bust.

Not exactly a good look for this to be your first order of business after the state of the union address.
why is this BS trending?

The House Intelligence Committee for the 116th Congress was stalled because the GOP took a month naming their committee reps.
The House Intelligence Committee finally met today, that is why you see this news, as well as the news about full witness transcripts going to Mueller.
No, the committee meeting was not purposely delayed to be the day after the 'STOU', unless, of course, the Republicans were orchestrating such a delay

There's no need to make up even more conspiracies.
This information is just as available to you guys as it is to me.
If you are this lazy when forming your opinions, why should anything you have to say be considered relevant?

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018
the longer this stuff drags on, the better it looks for Trump. we have the smartest intelligence operatives on the planet looking at the dumbest, sloppiest, most corrupt person ever. if he's really guilty, shouldn't this be a slam dunk?

ultimately it doesn't really matter. FBI Proctologist General could announce in 2020 that they have observed every inch of the Trump's colon and he is squeaky clean and it will not matter one bit. TDS is a chronic condition.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
They're reaching incredibly hard for so little. Their agenda is very transparent, tremendously flaccid and as a consequence quite sad. Like a toddler refusing to accept that it did an oopsie and said toddler continues to do said oopsie and it starts to look like a temper tantrum.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018
We have come to an point where every investigation that has something to do with Trump and Russia will backfire in the near future and will increase Trump's popularity because even people who normally don't think for themselves will see through this tedious nonsense and will get sick of it.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Schiff has investigated Trump already and found nothing, plus we have the Mueller investigation still ongoing. Let’s add more investigations. I wonder what our elected represenatives could accomplish if they did stuff for the people that elected the rather then fully living in a Washington DC soap opera bubble world. No wonder congress has an approval rating close to single digits.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
I guess this means Elections really do have consequences. Good to know lol

Seriously though Trump and Russia just have too many links at this point to just be coincidence in my opinion. Between the failed Trump tower deal and the various "donations" that have been revealed in recent months makes me think that there really is something to be found between the Trump family's finances and various Russian influences. Also I have no doubt that Trump has some irregularities in his finances (especially his taxes) so I am okay with them making an investigation that specifically focuses on them. Hopefully they are able to find any of these irregularities during their investigation.

Oct 29, 2014
They're reaching incredibly hard for so little. Their agenda is very transparent, tremendously flaccid and as a consequence quite sad. Like a toddler refusing to accept that it did an oopsie and said toddler continues to do said oopsie and it starts to look like a temper tantrum.
The toddler is in the White House.

'For so little' LOL

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has so far indicted 34 people and three companies as part of his probe into allegations of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the 2016 presidential election.

Among them are five former Trump officials, all of whom have pleaded guilty to criminal charges, and 26 Russian nationals.

May 22, 2018
I have to agree.

I want to be all for following things wherever they lead, but at some point you shouldn't have 30 investigations open into one person. Hand out consequences, announce they're innocent or give the individual a pass/special treatment.
Unless I am mistaken the investigations are not investigating the same thing? Mueller is investigating Russian Collusion with the Trump campaign. Meanwhile this is investigation is investigating Trump's finances and their relation to Russia.

Its possible to have different investigations for different crimes or allegations.

Jun 20, 2018

'For so little' LOL
Yes all pretty much process crimes and past tax crap which of course you knowingly not mention.
Gee what a difference a person makes to investigations compare this garbage with hillary not even being interviewed under oath, the fbi not checking all emails and the fbi turning itself into a knot to change its own rules to get her off free. When have you ever seen anything like that over the last two years.. oh right never.

Mar 12, 2014
Every time the Schitt guy is on TV I think I'm watching one of the Men in Black movies, and I wait for Will Smith to show up and zap him. His eyes man - they just scream alien in a human costume.

Feb 2, 2018
Seriously though Trump and Russia just have too many links at this point to just be coincidence in my opinion. Between the failed Trump tower deal and the various "donations" that have been revealed in recent months makes me think that there really is something to be found between the Trump family's finances and various Russian influences.

Yes, i totally agree. It's really mysterious how a family with many international businesses like real estate, hotels, golf clubs, entertainment, international realty and merchandise has something to do with people from russia. Who would expect that? Outrageous!

I know you can be objective. But whenever there is the word "Trump" involved your ability to think seems to take a hit. Please come back to the real world and get some common sense.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I guess the silver lining of this nonsensical practice is that we set a precedent for squeaky-clean politicians. Or perhaps "groomed" representatives who follow the orders of their donors and "advisors".

There's no way the next candidate from either party will let this kind of behavior go unanswered. It will happen to the next presidential candidates and the mudslinging will devolve into life-ruining.

Set aside your opinions of Trump and instead examine the principle on display here: we can investigate our political opponents on the pretense of treason and whip the public into a McCarthy-era fervor over unproven accusations.

Is this how you want politics in America to proceed?

Jun 20, 2018
There's no way the next candidate from either party will let this kind of behavior go unanswered. It will happen to the next presidential candidates and the mudslinging will devolve into life-ruining.

Set aside your opinions of Trump and instead examine the principle on display here: we can investigate our political opponents on the pretense of treason and whip the public into a McCarthy-era fervor over unproven accusations.

Is this how you want politics in America to proceed?
Doesnt matter now if people want this for anyone else outside of trump or not democrats already pushed that button it has already happened, they set the precedent by losing their minds and buying harder into conspiracy theory than anyone else in decades to the point of making it daily politics and politicizing the FBI, so of course republicans will play that ball back with the next democrat president.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006

'For so little' LOL
Yep, Mueller has yet to find anything of importance with regards to Trump and the 2016 election. He just touts decades-old crimes committed by the Manafort and the Podesta Group that had already been investigated and a handful of process crimes related directly to the investigation itself as successes because he has nothing else.

It is one of the least successful fishing expeditions of all time.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018
to Trump possibly having financial interests that are driving his actions.
Trump has lost $1 billion in personal wealth since running for president
Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bu...ion-personal-wealth-running-president-n916221

vs.
The Obamas are worth 30 times more than when they entered the White House in 2008 — here's how they spend their millions
Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-michelle-obama-net-worth-2018-7

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

May 22, 2018
Yes, i totally agree. It's really mysterious how a family with many international businesses like real estate, hotels, golf clubs, entertainment, international realty and merchandise has something to do with people from russia. Who would expect that? Outrageous!

I know you can be objective. But whenever there is the word "Trump" involved your ability to think seems to take a hit. Please come back to the real world and get some common sense.
Thats not what I am saying and you know it. They might not be normal business dealings which is why they are being investigated. Thats all I am saying. Don't be so disingenuous.

If nothing comes of it then thats fine, but I would rather be safe than sorry at this point.

Trump has lost $1 billion in personal wealth since running for president
Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bu...ion-personal-wealth-running-president-n916221

vs.
The Obamas are worth 30 times more than when they entered the White House in 2008 — here's how they spend their millions
Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-michelle-obama-net-worth-2018-7

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
All this tells me is that the Obama's are better at handling their finances than Trump is. And thats not even that surprising considering how bad Trump is as a businessman.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Jeez, they still pushing this stuff? I haven't payed close attention to it but why do they bother? My impression was that they had very little to show for the Mueler investigation.

May 22, 2018
Jeez, they still pushing this stuff? I haven't payed close attention to it but why do they bother? My impression was that they had very little to show for the Mueler investigation.
Then you should pay closer attention. As @Pomerlaw has pointed out in here already the Mueller investigation has plenty to show.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has so far indicted 34 people and three companies as part of his probe into allegations of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the 2016 presidential election.

Among them are five former Trump officials, all of whom have pleaded guilty to criminal charges, and 26 Russian nationals.

Oct 1, 2006
I though it was the Hillary stuff.
Is she locked up yet?

We'll see what happens with Mueller, he is not finished yet.
The FBI refused to investigate despite admitting evidence of crimes, and there was no special counsel.

Apples and oranges, and the FBI saying that they saw evidence of crimes actually relating to the investigation proves the Congressional investigation was actually fruitful.

May 22, 2018
But nothing on topic, and nothing new outside of process crimes the fishing expedition generated.
Oh, I thought those were unrelated to the possible Russia stuff?
It doesn't matter if its outside the initial investigation. It was said that Mueller had nothing to show. He has plenty to show. Whether or not it qualifies as "something" is up to you and your own chosen stipulations.

That is a shitload of stuff to show in my opinion. I really couldn't care less how you choose to hand wave it.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ireland
The democrats are pathetic, they can no longer tolerate democracy and are some of the sorest losers in politics ever.

I cannot wait for history to look back on this farce and in their detached clarity understand how cancerous and anti-American the democrats have acted. They now embrace anti-semites, real racists that do “blackface”, election riggers, criminals and the most corrupt elements of politics. They actively work against the American people , seeking to replace those who vote against them, they feel entitled to the black vote and when they don’t get it, they attack and call for the alienation of that POC..... Democrats are the most intolerant, vicious, snake like, poisonous group to possibly ever be involved in politics.

Oct 1, 2006
It doesn't matter if its outside the initial investigation. It was said that Mueller had nothing to show. He has plenty to show. Whether or not it qualifies as "something" is up to you and your own chosen stipulations.

That is a shitload of stuff to show in my opinion. I really couldn't care less how you choose to hand wave it.
So what has he accomplished?