House intelligence chair announces sweeping investigation into Trump's finances and Russia

May 22, 2018
So what has he accomplished?

I literally just quoted everything @Pomerlaw posted that he has accomplished so far.

The democrats are pathetic, they can no longer tolerate democracy and are some of the sorest losers in politics ever.
This is blatant ignorance of reality. As if the Democrats have no reason to be suspicious of Trump at this point with all of the things Mueller has found? As if the Republicans have never used their majority in the House/Senate to go against a Democratic President?

Get the fuck out of here with your transparent crap lol

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2014
The democrats are pathetic, they can no longer tolerate democracy and are some of the sorest losers in politics ever.

I cannot wait for history to look back on this farce and in their detached clarity understand how cancerous and anti-American the democrats have acted. They now embrace anti-semites, real racists that do “blackface”, election riggers, criminals and the most corrupt elements of politics. They actively work against the American people , seeking to replace those who vote against them, they feel entitled to the black vote and when they don’t get it, they attack and call for the alienation of that POC..... Democrats are the most intolerant, vicious, snake like, poisonous group to possibly ever be involved in politics.
It's like you folks have the memories of gold fish.

Bryank75

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ireland
I literally just quoted everything @Pomerlaw posted that he has accomplished so far.

This is blatant ignorance of reality. As if the Democrats have no reason to be suspicious of Trump at this point with all of the things Mueller has found? As if the Republicans have never used their majority in the House/Senate to go against a Democratic President?

“All of the things Mueller has found” good one!

Jan 18, 2019

I mean, he's found exactly nothing of note. It's why they hyped the fuck out of an elderly man, not accused of a violent crime, having more than 20 FBI agents, armed with fully automatic weapons, arresting him in the middle of the night after tipping off CNN. He was such a danger to society that he... was released, without bail, on the very same day.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
the longer this stuff drags on, the better it looks for Trump. we have the smartest intelligence operatives on the planet looking at the dumbest, sloppiest, most corrupt person ever. if he's really guilty, shouldn't this be a slam dunk?

ultimately it doesn't really matter. FBI Proctologist General could announce in 2020 that they have observed every inch of the Trump's colon and he is squeaky clean and it will not matter one bit. TDS is a chronic condition.
This is 9/11 truther shit all over again.

Just like with the twin towers and Bush, Dems can't have it both ways. You can't claim someone is retarded and sloppy, but also a Mastermind that is fooling everyone in the planet except you. It took a while for those conspiracy nutters to delegitimized, and it seems like this will be the case here as well

Feb 21, 2018

Just like with the twin towers and Bush, Dems can't have it both ways. You can't claim someone is retarded and sloppy, but also a Mastermind that is fooling everyone in the planet except you. It took a while for those conspiracy nutters to delegitimized, and it seems like this will be the case here as well
LOL and like Truthers 2 3 4 decades from now they will still be talking about muh Russian collusion.

Oct 21, 2018
a) A congressional investigation is different from the Special Counsel's investigation. They don't need to cover the same exact subjects. It's possible for Trump and/or his circle to be guilty of one offense but innocent of another.

b) Republicans carried out multiple investigations during Obama's administration. Few of which had anything resembling true merit at the end of the day, but they had the legal power to do so. Democrats can and should perform their own investigations in the same manner. Rejecting this would be partisan hypocrisy and double standards.

c) Mueller has, in fact, already found various crimes during his probe. Whether you like it or not, this includes process crimes that are still criminal. There's no rule that says "if you're guilty of a process crime, then you did nothing wrong and nobody should punish you".

d) Mueller isn't going to reveal all of his cards until the investigation is over (and, even then, we don't know if the report will be made public). There isn't any need for him to satisfy Democrats or Republicans with his actions. He isn't playing for applause. It's possible there is only a limited amount of information we lack, but even a few vital details could paint a different picture versus the narratives either side wants to push.

Let people investigate. If there is nothing, then so be it. If there is something, then so be it.

For the record, Bush himself didn't need to be especially bright under either scenario. He had plenty of shady yet rather cunning characters around him. I don't believe in vast conspiracies, at least not without vast evidence, but there isn't a logical contradiction or impossibility on paper.

LOL and like Truthers 2 3 4 decades from now they will still be talking about muh Russian collusion.
Well, Republicans are still talking about Hillary. I'd expect both parties to behave in a roughly similar way.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006
c) Mueller has, in fact, already found various crimes during his probe. Whether you like it or not, this includes process crimes that are still criminal. There's no rule that says "if you're guilty of a process crime, then you did nothing wrong and nobody should punish you".
No one said that, but they aren't accomplishments.

TBH, I'm against laws prohibiting lying to authorities anyway unless they are barred from lying as well. It is perfectly moral to lie harmlessly, when not in commission of another crime.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018
No one said that, but they aren't accomplishments.

TBH, I'm against laws prohibiting lying to authorities anyway unless they are barred from lying as well. It is perfectly moral to lie harmlessly, when not in commission of another crime.
I would ostensibly agree with you, at least in the abstract sense, about the general principle. But for now, we live in a reality where the law currently says otherwise. Those are the rules.

At this precise moment, there is a string of those offenses and other crimes that, one way or another, don't seem to be simple memory lapses. If it was one person casually lying and that's all, then I would be far more skeptical.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018
People mention Hilary because it's a perfect example of double standards. "Opposition research" when she (and the Obama DoJ) colludes with foreign spies. "Treason" when Trump's campaign talks to a single Russian lawyer.
As a matter of fact, she's also mentioned in more contexts than that even when it's not relevant.

Feb 21, 2018
d) Mueller isn't going to reveal all of his cards until the investigation is over (and, even then, we don't know if the report will be made public). There isn't any need for him to satisfy Democrats or Republicans with his actions. He isn't playing for applause. It's possible there is only a limited amount of information we lack, but even a few vital details could paint a different picture versus the narratives either side wants to push.
I disagree with this point. If Mueller had anything linking Trump to Russians that was concrete he would have indicted Trump already and would be screaming it from the heavens.

With all his indictments of Trumps people still not getting anywhere close to proving any type of collusion. Cohen, Manafort got prison time yet neither of them flipped and spilled the beans on Trump + Russia doesn't make sense to me.

We hear the same thing every time Mueller does something, this is finally the piece that will take down Trump. And then a few weeks or months go by and we are left with bupkis.

Nov 23, 2010
Unless I am mistaken the investigations are not investigating the same thing? Mueller is investigating Russian Collusion with the Trump campaign. Meanwhile this is investigation is investigating Trump's finances and their relation to Russia.

Its possible to have different investigations for different crimes or allegations.
Never said they were or that it's impossible.

I'm saying after opening dozens of investigations to date at some point one investigation needs to be resolved before opening up another.

Oct 21, 2018
I disagree with this point. If Mueller had anything linking Trump to Russians that was concrete he would have indicted Trump already and would be screaming it from the heavens.
Mueller is not new at this. He's got a reputation for being fairly respectful of the rules and norms. I wasn't thinking specifically about, say, prosecuting Trump, because that's not the only outcome and obviously he isn't the only person involved, but even if that were to be the case...a serious prosecutor would often want to find confirmation and accumulate as much evidence as possible in such a high profile investigation.

It's also Department of Justice policy that sitting presidents shouldn't be indicted, so Mueller might be willing to respect that custom as well. But of course, it's also possible there isn't enough to have a case against Trump as a person in the Russia matter, rather than members of this campaign or his son.

My own personal estimation is the final result of the probe will be moderate: more than the GOP wants to admit at this moment, but perhaps less than what the Democratic Party would hope for.

I've never framed this as Mueller necessarily "taking down" Trump, by the way.

Jun 20, 2018
Mueller is not new at this. He's got a reputation for being fairly respectful of the rules and norms.
If he has anything he should do something but if he drags it out for the 2020 election then he is basically a fraud also now painting mueller as having a respectful reputation just because you dont like trump is really stupid considering he was one of the people that lied the US into the iraq war.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018
b) Republicans carried out multiple investigations during Obama's administration. Few of which had anything resembling true merit at the end of the day, but they had the legal power to do so. Democrats can and should perform their own investigations in the same manner. Rejecting this would be partisan hypocrisy and double standards.

Let people investigate. If there is nothing, then so be it. If there is something, then so be it.

What the fuck is this shit? The Republicans wasted time in office as elected officials being butt hurt so it's ok for Democrats to waste time in office too? Listen to yourself. Shame on both parties.