• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOUSE OF THE DEAD ~SCARLET DAWN~ ADVERTISE MOVIE

Aggelos

Apparently Sega has uploaded House Of the Dead Scarlet Dawn movies just recently, since the game is receiving its arcade release September 13th.
They were from the JAEPO 2018 stream back in February.

https://hod.sega.jp/

Roni

Gold Member
Apparently Sega has uploaded House Of the Dead Scarlet Dawn movies just recently, since the game is receiving its arcade release September 13th.
They were from the JAEPO 2018 stream back in February.

https://hod.sega.jp/

Man, I remember when I was young, getting to play these at the arcade was the shit.

I loved horror with weird creatures and stuff. It's a shame SEGA never pivoted the series to be a straight up survival horror (or action horror series) like Resident Evil or Silent Hill.

When I think of great zombie games, House of the Dead is right up there with Resident Evil, Dead Rising and stuff.

dan76

When's the VR port coming - packaged together with all the other games in the series. Don't you want money Sega?

DonF

This took me back to my last year of school. So much lost hours and quarters with The house of the Dead 2.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What's great are the digital versions of HotD3 & 4 on PS3. Too bad they can't just port them all over to PS4. This game feels a lot closer to series than Overkill, but Overkill was still pretty good.

That final boss in HotD3 was a pain.

Last edited:
When's the VR port coming - packaged together with all the other games in the series. Don't you want money Sega?
Every thread we keep asking the same thing.

And those games already work in VR. The work needed to make them release-ready would be minimal.

And even with their kinda rudimentary graphics, they would blow everything away.

Mandatory:

Come on Sega, take my money.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Man, I remember when I was young, getting to play these at the arcade was the shit.

I loved horror with weird creatures and stuff. It's a shame SEGA never pivoted the series to be a straight up survival horror (or action horror series) like Resident Evil or Silent Hill.

When I think of great zombie games, House of the Dead is right up there with Resident Evil, Dead Rising and stuff.

I looooved HotD 1 and 2. Played them SO FREAKING MUCH. I would kill for a VR version to release, or at least a version that utilizes Move controllers on the PS4.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It definitely nails the cheesy humor of the old games. Nicely done, SEGA. It's almost like you understand the audience that enjoys your old IP catalogue. You've definitely got a leg up on Nintendo when it comes to that, currently...

Looks pretty good graphically. But I think it's a bit too frantic, part of what makes the first stress is that every enemy was a stressful pain and you never knew to how to react at first. Here it's seems they're making the Resident Evil 6 mistake.

petran79

Banned
Looks pretty good graphically. But I think it's a bit too frantic, part of what makes the first stress is that every enemy was a stressful pain and you never knew to how to react at first. Here it's seems they're making the Resident Evil 6 mistake.

They made the main zombies way too fast too. I find hotd1 zombies the scariest because of the slow speed and the rigid walk

dan76

Full playthrough here:

Looks like HOTD4 part 2. After listening to an interview with one of the guys from the new EXA arcade platform I reckon this will be arcade exclusive for some time - he doesn't talk about this game but just generally about the realities of the arcade business. I think that's what arcade ops are calling for these days because ports kill the arcade.

I guess if there's no port we will have to wait on Teknoparrot for five or six years.

ParanoidRED

Banned
God i wish they would bring these back to consoles at some point

It could even work on Switch i think ,since other games used the joycons for aiming at the screen

Top Bottom