• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of the Dead 2 & 3 heading to Wii

king zell

says GameFly

http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129350&t=0&fcTrack=Search

SEGA Europe PR

In THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2&3 RETURN, players will be able to play both versions of the game, battling the relentless attack of bloodthirsty zombies with steady aim and a quick trigger finger. Utilising the innovative new Wii Zapper or the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, players will experience branching storylines with over six game modes including Arcade Mode and Time Attack modes that will test their shooting skills. THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2&3 RETURN features an engaging single-player campaign, plus a co-op multiplayer mode for up to two players for countless hours of zombie shooting action.

“THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD franchise has been revamped for today’s gamer looking for fast-paced shooting action on the Wii” commented Gary Knight, Marketing Director of SEGA Europe. “Utilising the new Wii Zapper, the player can get the renowned light gun experience in their own home.”

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD is famous for its heart-pounding pace and the great visual detail of the vast armies of unique enemies. Blasting through legions of grotesque zombies and mutated monsters, players eventually face-off against colossal boss creatures that will test the accuracy and skill of every Wii gamer.

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2&3 RETURNwill be available for the Wii home video game system from Nintendo in spring 2008

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
king zell said:
If the original game isn't included, no sale.
Indifferent2.gif

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Surprised it wasn't HOTD4, at least that would make sense (considering the arcade game utilizes waggle in it).

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
djtiesto said:
Surprised it wasn't HOTD4, at least that would make sense (considering the arcade game utilizes waggle in it).
I don't think it would be arcade-perfect, considering what's powering the Lindbergh hardware used in HOTD4...
Dragona Akehi said:
Please someone release a REAL lightgun peripheral for those who want it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
Seconded. The Wii Zapper looks too awkward to use for something like this. A GunCon3-like perphiral would be nice... :D

:D I AM HAPPY :D

I would buy a real lightgun if SEGA made one for the Wii. I wouldn't mind trading HotD3 for another game in the series, though.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Maybe I'll actually be able to get better at these particular games. I'm ace at anything other than the House games. Oh, and a zapper that actually...is useful, instead of the crap we got, would be nice.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Core407 said:
Sure, why not. I just want to see more characters running around with game consoles strapped to their back.

totd03.jpg
Isn't there supposed to be another Typing of the Dead game coming out?

king zell

a friend of mine posted the PR but i dont know the source

In THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2&3 RETURN, players will be able to play both versions of the game, battling the relentless attack of bloodthirsty zombies with steady aim and a quick trigger finger. Utilising the innovative new Wii Zapper or the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, players will experience branching storylines with over six game modes including Arcade Mode and Time Attack modes that will test their shooting skills. THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2&3 RETURN features an engaging single-player campaign, plus a co-op multiplayer mode for up to two players for countless hours of zombie shooting action.

“THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD franchise has been revamped for today’s gamer looking for fast-paced shooting action on the Wii” commented Gary Knight, Marketing Director of SEGA Europe. “Utilising the new Wii Zapper, the player can get the renowned light gun experience in their own home.”

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD is famous for its heart-pounding pace and the great visual detail of the vast armies of unique enemies. Blasting through legions of grotesque zombies and mutated monsters, players eventually face-off against colossal boss creatures that will test the accuracy and skill of every Wii gamer.

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2&3 RETURNwill be available for the Wii home video game system from Nintendo in spring 2008

YES YES YES YES!

Why the hell no HotD 1 though?

And they SHOULD toss in Typing of the Dead too since HotD2 is already in there and the Wii supports USB keyboards now.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Dragona Akehi said:
Can't we have both?

how about a typing/shooting hybrid version of HOTD that comes in a big box with two keyboards and two zappers

it'd be like rock band with a point!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
ThirstyFly said:
YES YES YES YES!

Why the hell no HotD 1 though?

And they SHOULD toss in Typing of the Dead too since HotD2 is already in there and the Wii supports USB keyboards now.
I have no freaking clue as to why HOTD1 isn't included. It doesn't have an arcade-perfect port yet- the Saturn and PC versions were horrible graphically. Perhaps Sega is saving it for a WiiWare release?

Hopefully, with 3, there won't be any auto-reloading like there was with the Xbox version. That sucked out the challenge of the game in the first place.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Capndrake said:
House of the Dead 2 should be played for the soundtrack alone.
The arcade next to me has a HOTD2 machine. I'd play it for old time's sake, but the calibration of the guns is way off...

Tom_Cody

bud said:
suffer like g did

YES! YES! YES!

I have been hoping for this since I first put my hands on a Wii remote.

Put me in the camp of people who don't particularly care about a light gun peripheral. The Wii remote is different, but I enjoy the difference.

I'm a huge fan of 2, but I've never played much of 3. Anyone care to comment about how they compare?

Booser

Now bring out The Lost World Sega! Good god I nearly bankrupted myself on my summer holidays when that came out years ago. That game was amazing.

jooey said:
how about a typing/shooting hybrid version of HOTD that comes in a big box with two keyboards and two zappers

it'd be like rock band with a point!

Wait until Samba hits. Then they can bundle a set of maracas, bongos, a dance mat, and a mic. The Block Party of the Dead.

I was hoping these games plus House of the Dead 4 would be coming to the PS3, since that system has a light-gun coming out for it soon.

Tom_Cody said:
I'm a huge fan of 2, but I've never played much of 3. Anyone care to comment about how they compare?
I really like the overall atmosphere of 2 a lot better. It has enemies that take more strategy to defeat, and it never seems as incredibly cheesy as the third game does. I don't remember, but I think it might be a longer game as well. 3 has some great bosses though, albeit a terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE final boss.

Top Bottom