• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Capcom Designed Resident Evil Village's Lady Dimitrescu, and Why She's So Big Online

Make her so she can go ANYWHERE you can go.

It's not scary if you can duck into a closet or bathroom or hallway and they can't enter.

Looking at YOU Tyrant....

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Resident Evil Village is nearly upon us and though many factors – like the return of The Mercenaries – have taken up attention, Lady Dimitrescu is still as popular as ever. Lady Dimitrescu – first name Alcina – is one of the Four main characters and presides over the castle to the north of the titular village.

She has three daughters – Bela, Cassandra, and Daniela. While Ethan initially encounters the four and escapes his restraints, he's left to roam the castle and avoid any run-ins with them.

Japan is so based.
So she was created because of simp culture. :messenger_grimmacing_
She was created because some people still appreciate beauty.

Postmodernism and SJW shit has made things so screwy that the simple concept of an attractive woman is blowing people's minds.

Like lol "simp" you have to psychoanalyze people thinking a hot lady is hot? Why the kink shaming, especially given that it is such a wholesome kink?

This is what is wrong with the world.

Last edited:

NahaNago

Japan is so based.

She was created because some people still appreciate beauty.

Postmodernism and SJW shit has made things so screwy that the simple concept of an attractive woman is blowing people's minds.

Like lol "simp" you have to psychoanalyze people thinking a hot lady is hot? Why the kink shaming, especially given that it is such a wholesome kink?

This is what is wrong with the world.
I was just summarizing what the article said :

Gaudette says that for a lot of men the idea of being physically overpowered by a woman is novel and exciting – which would help explain why there are so many memes and jokes about being stepped on, chased, or crushed by Lady Dimitrescu. “There’s been this proliferation of straight men identifying as ‘simps’ online,” she says. “It’s just a reversal of the typical hetero sub/dom dynamic.”

I honestly find it kind of amusing that this is their reasoning and not just because it is a tall hot chick.

synce

Might have something to do with being a female game character with a feminine figure, a unicorn by today's standards. Compounded by the rise of soyboy/simp culture. See also: Atelier Ryza.

ItsGreat

Trying to big her up like Bowsette. Failing massively.

Nobody is talking about her in comparison to Bowsette's massive bangers.

1uRJh43.jpg

She does know how to suck coc.... i mean uhh fingers.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

So in this video we cover the story of Alcina Dimistrescu in resident evil village and how she came to be. Where we cover her concept design as a character, how she attained her powers from Mother Miranda, and what role she played in re village while we played as Ethan Winters.

We also cover the inspirations to her character and what impact she had during our playthrough in resident evil 8 and much more. which in this resident evil village review, we see how she worked against us in castle Dimitrescu, how she treated her three daughters, and where we see her final mutation during her boss battle.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Resident Evil is one of the longest running gaming franchises, often known for coining the term “survival horror”. While series creator Shinji Mikami has now moved onto new things, the eerie spirit of the originals have lived on. Capcom has enjoyed great success with the latest entry Resident Evil Village shipping over 3 million copies within the first week of its launch.

While the game is great in its own right, a lot of its popularity can be attributed to the gargantuan Lady Dimitrescu amassing a large fan base since her first appearance in the game’s reveal trailer last year. Towering at a 9’6”, this claw-wielding vampire lady has a lot more than meets the eye.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With the smash hit that is Lady Dimitrescu from Resident Evil Village, I decided to assemble all the best modders on the internet to see how many games we could mod her into, this was the result,

Seems she is big on internet after all...

Tschumi

For real, i just think: what kind of ridiculous amounts of over indulgence in consuming humans has this woman who must have an army of servants supplying her appetites ate to swell to such a size? Like it must be unprecedented because it hasn't happened before, vampirism leading to gigantification, so like she must have spent centuries having a virgin for breakfast, lunch and dinner or some insane shit like that...

I dunno all those thoughts flash through my Head in a fartbeat when i see her.

I think she's cool because she seems to be rooted in some kind of vaguely human logic, but i don't really dig these weird ghostly handmaidens she is flanked by... I haven't played much biohazard 7 (too scary to play when bae is at home, and during covid she's always at home) but what i really like about it is that it seems to just be about fucked up rednecks lol

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Maggie Robertson, the actress behind Lady Dimetrescu, the giant vampire lady from Resident Evil: Village, stops by the IGN SDCC 2022 stage to talk about the possibility of Lady D ever showing up in the Netflix Resident Evil series and what it was like to become an instant fan favorite as Lady Dimetrescu.Presented by The Callisto Protocol on PlayStation. Coming December 2nd, 2022. Pre-order now.

Top Bottom