• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you eat?

GeekyDad

Bored, so...

In asking, "how do you eat," I'm talking about the best parts vs. the worst parts of what you're eating. For myself, I save the best parts of my food for last. So, if I'm eating pizza, for instance, I save the bite that has the most meat and cheese for the last bite. Or if I'm having a salad with my meal and have that nice slice of pizza to go with it, I knock that salad out first, so I can savor that pizza like a dessert.

How do you do it?

Prison Mike

Banned
yahoo dog GIF

INC

I tend to mix my food, for example if there's mash and veg and meat, Ill smash the veg and mash together first

Not sure why I do this, I've even had people not wanna eat with me, or order certain foods, because it makes them feel ill watching, I think its because I'm a fussy eater, I hate veg and that, so i mix it together to make it edible

I also eat left handed even tho I'm right handed, which also weird people out

when people are around i eat slowly and politely. little pieces at a time, chew with mouth shut, etc. when nobody is around...i eate like a god damn animal. i always try see how much food i can fit in my mouth and i tend to rush so don't chew properly. when i eat noodles it becomes a game to see how much i can fit in my mouth. i will twirl them around my fork (or if i feel up to it...chopsticks) into a huge ball and stuff it in my mouth. sometimes i will pick up more and push them in. i end up with cheeks like a hamster and pieces of noodles hanging from my mouth. i've choked many times but never learn. there is a high chance i will die while eating noodles.

also i will make little towers out of food. i cut everything up into pieces and stick a piece of each food onto my fork. again, i like to see how big i can make the tower and much i can fit in my mouth.

Last edited:
Same as op, save the best bit.

Fast food I eat the chips first and the main part of the meal last, with pizza I eat the last slice crust first so I get a nice bite full of sauce as the last bite.

If I'm eating clean during the week, I'll eat all of green veggies first and save the best part (protein) for last. But also because steamed green veggies get harder to eat once they cool down.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
protein/carbs first and then veggies/fruits/fats after. sometimes a lil fat with the protein/carbs. sometimes I skip the carbs and eat some toast instead.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I like to eat alone. I don't know when I developed the preference to eat alone, but it hasn't always been this way. It's almost like going to the bathroom - give me my peace and privacy while I devour this food.

I also tend to eat once a day. I guess you could call it intermitten fasting. Supposed to have health benefits, but I can't confirm. As is such, I think a lot about the food I will eventually eat each day.
Once I get my mind on something, that's what I have to eat.

Jeeves

I typically do the same as OP. Also, I eat everything on my plate one at a time, and then drink after I'm done. Say my dinner is spinach, rice and fish: I'll eat all the spinach, then all the rice, then all the fish, then my entire drink.

I don't give a shit if my food touches the other food.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It's just fuel, I shovel it in as quick as possible so I can get back to more interesting activities.

Last edited:

Rockondevil

giphy.gif

I tend to go 50/50 with the good and bad. For example half the mouth with some salad and the other half with the meat, kind of like a burger.

lachesis

I eat everything on the table little by little - taking turns.

I'm asian, so my traditional meal consist of rice, soup, and bunch of side dishes. I try Rice + Side dish A, Soup, Rice + Side dish B, Soup.. etc.

I also was taught not to leave anything unfinished on the table - so I eat up whatever the portion that's given to me. Down to the last daikon, or last grain of rice. (My grandfather used to tell me the story Ryo Hazuki's father told Ryo about farmers - of how hard the rice growers work to make that rice, that we shouldn't waste their effort. He owned a big rice mill factory in 50-80s, so that's another reason I guess)

But if it's multiple western style side dishes - I also do the same. Usually don't mix them up though, unless it's something like sauce for the dish.

NinjaBoiX

I just eat a bit of everything with each forkful. In fact now that I think about it, I’ll actually go out of my way to do so.

A friend of mine eats all the components separately in reverse order of preference, which is not only kind of childish but also a bit dumb. What, you’re going to fill up on all the stuff you aren’t keen on so you can eat your favourite bits when you’ve barely any appetite left?

Top Bottom