• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Elder Scrolls 6 And Starfield Are Shaping Up

Stafford

I thought Fallout 4 was completely uninspired too compared to Vegas and Fallout 3. They do have alot to prove in my eyes too.

I can't deny that Fallout 4 wasn't the greatness that was Fallout 3 and NV, but I still loved the game and spent crazy hours in it.

Uhhh uh yeah suuu.......

FUCKING TRIGGERED

Who the fuck do you think you are Todd. You know what the most interesting part of Elder Scrolls is Todd??? Its the lore!

And do you realize where this lore is from? The games you directed? NO. Its from Daggerfall and Arena.

And please do tell me who it was again that turned Cyrodill from a interesting jungle into the most generic looking fantasy land ever.... Oh it was you!

So in the words of Dave Chappelle

tumblr_mpnsntBO2D1st3xfjo1_r1_500.gif
Fucking right?

Imagine what he thought of Fallout before he and his teams had a chance to fuck that plot all up.

Last edited:
"The game will likely release on next-generation platforms, Howard has said in the past and mentioned again in the IGN interview."

Most of the time when you read something like this, it means "the game won't be released until the next generation of platforms are available." With a new elder scrolls games, it feels more like "The game will likely release on next-generation platforms, so you won't have to wait until after the next generation for a new game in the series."

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Already had a taste of Bethesda’s “game you can play for a decade” with Skyrim’s infinite quests. They were fine for a minute until you realize that 150 hours in you are fighting the same enemies in the same dungeons that you were 1 hour into the game.

Will be waiting for reviews w this one

zeorhymer

Right, but wasnt the 10 year thing about the first Destiny? That they would keep on making content for it?
I think people were misinterpreting the 10 year thing. The franchise/universe itself would be 10 years not just a single game.

It just became the narrative. I mean, I drive a Honda Civic. I don’t know s**t about $500 million. A ten-year plan? It’s a ten-year partnership agreement. It has nothing to do with the development of the game proper. To think that somehow, before Destiny had shipped, we had some ten-year plan written down somewhere? It’s comical.
Forbes

somerset

Bethesda has neither the engine nor the tools nor the coding talent nor the design talent for either Starfiled or a Skyrim sequel- sorry guys, but these are the simple facts.

The engine problem is the biggie. Tech has moved on. The POS Beth carefully nursed for Skyrim and Fallout 4 has seen stellar service, but *only* cos of the post release modding it enabled. Sadly the engine is now so dated, it is a joke to imagine further uses of it- yet that is exactly what Todd has stated is happening at Beth.

And no, despite what dribblers claim, you *cannot* retrofit code to this engine to keep it going in any acceptable form. Beth needs a new 'from scratch' open world engine- but no-one at Beth could possibly code such a thing.

What Beth *could* do is drop true open world, and use one of their other engines to do a region loading approach, which would work but wouldn't give gamers the experience they were hoping for. Then again some dribblers think the world of a game like Dishonored 2 is just as good as Skyrim- they cannot tell the difference- and Beth is now targeting the thickie part of the gaming audience, with knuckle-dragging rubbish like Fallout 76 and Rage 2 and Wolf 2.

I mean, just slap in lots of 'edgy' cut-scenes like in Wolf 2, and that's just as good- eh?

I'm lost why other pubs don't pick up the ball. Fallout 4 is as basic as it gets (I played it, I liked it, but really that's only cos Beth is the only one doing this form of game so there's no choice), yet it made a billion. Top of the line AAA profit for a single-player game.

Yet when other pubs do seeming go for the same market, we get awful no-hoper horrors like AC:O and the sequel AC:O, titles clearly made with the same amount of work, but with literally *zero* intelligence or gameplay. When I got to the first big city in Assassins Creed;Origins, I wanted to just shoot myself in the head, so bored and unchallenged did I feel. Yet there are gamers who cannot spot how sh-t AC:O is at every conceptual level- worse gamers who will defend Origins to the death, yet trash WatchDogs.

Bethesda is in a vile and cynical stage that it will never now escape. Yet Zenimax, run by a literal financial crook, will eventually want another Fallout 4 scale cash windfall. Todd planned to meet the need for greed with his MTX ridden games-as-a-service, but he is far too useless to do even this. All of Todd's built-from-the-ground for MTX projects have bombed, save Fallout Shelter- but in shelter's case that was more of a 'happy' accident.

The one MTX title that works that you may 'think' is Todd's, namely Elder Scrolls Online, has *nothing* to do with Todd. Zenimax set up a different company to make that game- suggesting even then, Zenimax knew how sh-t Todd really is.

A couple of years ago, Todd had an 'out'. To contract external third-party devs to make quick-n-dirty sequels to Skyrim and Fallout 4 on the Fallout 4 engine with the Fallout 4 toolset. These sequels would have been finished in 18 months at minimal cost, and each would have made at least 500 millions dollars- insane levels of profit against investment- industry best. But Todd still grinds his gears at the memory of Fallout New Vegas, and swore never again to allow outsiders to take any of his 'glory'.

Fallout 3 and Skyrim were the creative highs for Bethesda, and both are astonishing achievements. But Elder Scrolls fans noted how even Skyrim dumbed down a lot over the previous two titles. And this is the other issue- a loss of conceptual gameplay innovation at Beth.

Todd now thinks a 'good' game is always streamlined from the last one- in other words *less is more*. Critics asked "where's the effing game" about Rage 2- a title that had years of Todd's 'brainpower' put into it *after* it had already been mostly finished as a sequel to WB's Mad Max. Yet look at Rage 2 closely, and there's literally nothing there. Even when you drive the 'batmobile' there's nothing to do with the car (save a clone of the convoy raids directly taken from Mad max). No- in Rage 2 you shoot, and that's it. In Doom you shoot, and that's it. In Wolf you shoot, and that's it. In Fallout 4, well it was damned close to you shoot and that's it.

Todd's games are *so* streamlined, they are now like the 'Janet and John' books 6 year olds learn to read with, whereas once we could suggest Fallout 3 and Skyrim at least aspired to be 'adult novels'. And the drunk/stoner sofa crowd who form a good chunk of gamers are probably still at the reading level of 'Janet and John' anyway, so they seem to be happy with this.

Carmack once ruined iD with this self same thinking- that iD's earlier games were too 'complex' and that future titles must be dumbed down. Famously, Carmack's declaration that even pressing a button to open a door in a game was *wrong*. Ultimately iD collapsed, and the planet's most expensive game at the time, Rage, had to be completed at Bethesda, where it released to no acclaim whatsoever.

People once loved and trusted Beth cos it was seen as the very opposite to Carmack's awful game design philosophy. And it was. But it turns out the same seeds of 'madness' dwelt within.

Starfield, without an engine or design philosopy, is in development hell, where endless amounts of junk level and character work are being made and then trashed and then remade and then trashed again- repeat and wash, repeat and wash. Those of you with no inside understanding of how game dev works will project all kinds of nonsense 'explanations' as to why this cannot be true- but we already know it is.

Todd has an incentive (zenimax on his back) to have Starfield *apparently* underway in a shop that knows nothing they do on the title will have any value. Because the quality on the ancient engine would be a joke in 2019 or later, but that provides a neat excuse for the work never going anywhere- even forgeting there is no valid game design anyway.

Fallout 76 provides an explanation most of you *can* understand. All of Todd's shops worked on Fallout 76 for an age, when Todd had to tell Zenimax he had something 'better' than completing either Starfield, or a Fallout sequel or a Skyrim sequel. Why? Cos Todd knew he could just churn out a mega-expensive mindless non-functioning open world for Fallout 76, and argue that it was 'safe' to release it cos the MTX would make a fortune, and cos it wasn't all that different from Fallout 4.

Fallout 76 was a non-game, so didn't even have to reach any so-called quality level. It solved a problem for Todd- which was buying him more time before ther penny finally drops at Zenimax, and they finally kick him out- which they are going to do sooner rather than later- and even then I doubt Bethesda can be saved.

Todd's entire career now, until Zenimax cans him, will be giving interviews to the high profile mainstream gaming press about how amazing the non-existent Starfield and Skyrim sequel will be when they eventually appear. No release dates will ever be given, of course, for there are no viable projects of this description at Bethesda- just endless pointless dev-hell churning.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Bethesda has neither the engine nor the tools nor the coding talent nor the design talent for either Starfiled or a Skyrim sequel- sorry guys, but these are the simple facts.

The engine problem is the biggie. Tech has moved on. The POS Beth carefully nursed for Skyrim and Fallout 4 has seen stellar service, but *only* cos of the post release modding it enabled. Sadly the engine is now so dated, it is a joke to imagine further uses of it- yet that is exactly what Todd has stated is happening at Beth.
I don't understand how a game company so big can't innovate with a new game engine or license Unreal Engine or something to give their games a fresh feel.

It's got to be a case of cheapness, stubborness, or both. Or as you say, talentless. They got lucky with Gamebryo from around 2005(?) and will milk to the grave.

Every other game make evolves their sequels with new engines. Even shooters and sports games eventually update their engines even though it's very similar gameplay with very confined parameters.

Starfield

Fucking right?

Imagine what he thought of Fallout before he and his teams had a chance to fuck that plot all up.
People seem to forget that the only reason people even CARE about fallout is because of Todd Howard and BGS. Noone gave a flying fuck about that IP before and it likely would have died were it not Bethesda who rescued it.

Edit: holy shit at all these hyperbolic rants in this thread. Did all the haters unite here just to shit on Bethesda and personally attack other people? Yeah. I'm out. Have fun with your hate.

Last edited:

nowhat

People seem to forget that the only reason people even CARE about fallout is because of Todd Howard and BGS. Noone gave a flying fuck about that IP before and it likely would have died were it not Bethesda who rescued it.
Perhaps so - but New Vegas showed what a game set in that universe could be with a modern gameplay. I've replayed that game a ton, yet I've never sided with Caesar because it just feels so wrong. But the fact that I could makes it so awesome.

And that was not a Bethesda game. They may own the IP (as they do with Elder Scrolls), but they're playing it too safe. Much too safe for my taste.

Wait, only because of 76? Because personally I quite enjoyed all their games since Oblivion and 76 isn't even a proper BGS game anyway.

Yeah but but but we have to be ANGRY and we have to HATE Todd Howard because the gamers collective have all said we have to hate him and hate Bethesda so shut up and just HATE MAN FUCKIN HAAATEEEEEE

anthraticus

Banned
the greatness that was Fallout 3

Edit: holy shit at all these hyperbolic rants in this thread. Did all the haters unite here just to shit on Bethesda and personally attack other people? Yeah. I'm out. Have fun with your hate.

WnJB80.gif

WnJseq.png
WnJmJD.gif

Last edited:

Hey, I used to be a Bethesda fan and used to think people were being unfair towards them

But after the fiasco that was Fallout 76, they deserve all the shit they get.

I still hold out some hope they can correct course however.

GamesAreFun

Banned
Starfield, without an engine or design philosopy, is in development hell, where endless amounts of junk level and character work are being made and then trashed and then remade and then trashed again- repeat and wash, repeat and wash. Those of you with no inside understanding of how game dev works will project all kinds of nonsense 'explanations' as to why this cannot be true- but we already know it is.

Do you have a source for this, or is it just conjecture?

The "in-depth" interview reveals remarkably little about Elder Scrolls and Starfield, other than they won't be finished for a while.

Hey, I used to be a Bethesda fan and used to think people were being unfair towards them

But after the fiasco that was Fallout 76, they deserve all the shit they get.

I still hold out some hope they can correct course however.

Capcom recently came back with great games the past few years. Despite poorly received games in the past.

Don't see why Bethesda can't do the same.

Blancka

One the one hand, I can't help but feel excited for Elders Scrolls IV, especially with the way Todd described its sheer ambitious scope.

On the other hand, Todd and his team have lied big time with fallout 76 and used similar rhetoric when describing that game.

My answer to this dilemma?

image.jpg

Same as the rest of

And no, despite what dribblers claim, you *cannot* retrofit code to this engine to keep it going in any acceptable form. Beth needs a new 'from scratch' open world engine- but no-one at Beth could possibly code such a thing.

What Beth *could* do is drop true open world, and use one of their other engines to do a region loading approach, which would work but wouldn't give gamers the experience they were hoping for. Then again some dribblers think the world of a game like Dishonored 2 is just as good as Skyrim- they cannot tell the difference- and Beth is now targeting the thickie part of the gaming audience, with knuckle-dragging rubbish like Fallout 76 and Rage 2 and Wolf 2.

I mean, just slap in lots of 'edgy' cut-scenes like in Wolf 2, and that's just as good- eh?

I'm lost why other pubs don't pick up the ball. Fallout 4 is as basic as it gets (I played it, I liked it, but really that's only cos Beth is the only one doing this form of game so there's no choice), yet it made a billion. Top of the line AAA profit for a single-player game.

Yet when other pubs do seeming go for the same market, we get awful no-hoper horrors like AC:O and the sequel AC:O, titles clearly made with the same amount of work, but with literally *zero* intelligence or gameplay. When I got to the first big city in Assassins Creed;Origins, I wanted to just shoot myself in the head, so bored and unchallenged did I feel. Yet there are gamers who cannot spot how sh-t AC:O is at every conceptual level- worse gamers who will defend Origins to the death, yet trash WatchDogs.

Bethesda is in a vile and cynical stage that it will never now escape. Yet Zenimax, run by a literal financial crook, will eventually want another Fallout 4 scale cash windfall. Todd planned to meet the need for greed with his MTX ridden games-as-a-service, but he is far too useless to do even this. All of Todd's built-from-the-ground for MTX projects have bombed, save Fallout Shelter- but in shelter's case that was more of a 'happy' accident.

The one MTX title that works that you may 'think' is Todd's, namely Elder Scrolls Online, has *nothing* to do with Todd. Zenimax set up a different company to make that game- suggesting even then, Zenimax knew how sh-t Todd really is.

A couple of years ago, Todd had an 'out'. To contract external third-party devs to make quick-n-dirty sequels to Skyrim and Fallout 4 on the Fallout 4 engine with the Fallout 4 toolset. These sequels would have been finished in 18 months at minimal cost, and each would have made at least 500 millions dollars- insane levels of profit against investment- industry best. But Todd still grinds his gears at the memory of Fallout New Vegas, and swore never again to allow outsiders to take any of his 'glory'.

Fallout 3 and Skyrim were the creative highs for Bethesda, and both are astonishing achievements. But Elder Scrolls fans noted how even Skyrim dumbed down a lot over the previous two titles. And this is the other issue- a loss of conceptual gameplay innovation at Beth.

Todd now thinks a 'good' game is always streamlined from the last one- in other words *less is more*. Critics asked "where's the effing game" about Rage 2- a title that had years of Todd's 'brainpower' put into it *after* it had already been mostly finished as a sequel to WB's Mad Max. Yet look at Rage 2 closely, and there's literally nothing there. Even when you drive the 'batmobile' there's nothing to do with the car (save a clone of the convoy raids directly taken from Mad max). No- in Rage 2 you shoot, and that's it. In Doom you shoot, and that's it. In Wolf you shoot, and that's it. In Fallout 4, well it was damned close to you shoot and that's it.

Todd's games are *so* streamlined, they are now like the 'Janet and John' books 6 year olds learn to read with, whereas once we could suggest Fallout 3 and Skyrim at least aspired to be 'adult novels'. And the drunk/stoner sofa crowd who form a good chunk of gamers are probably still at the reading level of 'Janet and John' anyway, so they seem to be happy with this.

Carmack once ruined iD with this self same thinking- that iD's earlier games were too 'complex' and that future titles must be dumbed down. Famously, Carmack's declaration that even pressing a button to open a door in a game was *wrong*. Ultimately iD collapsed, and the planet's most expensive game at the time, Rage, had to be completed at Bethesda, where it released to no acclaim whatsoever.

People once loved and trusted Beth cos it was seen as the very opposite to Carmack's awful game design philosophy. And it was. But it turns out the same seeds of 'madness' dwelt within.

Todd has an incentive (zenimax on his back) to have Starfield *apparently* underway in a shop that knows nothing they do on the title will have any value. Because the quality on the ancient engine would be a joke in 2019 or later, but that provides a neat excuse for the work never going anywhere- even forgeting there is no valid game design anyway.

Fallout 76 provides an explanation most of you *can* understand. All of Todd's shops worked on Fallout 76 for an age, when Todd had to tell Zenimax he had something 'better' than completing either Starfield, or a Fallout sequel or a Skyrim sequel. Why? Cos Todd knew he could just churn out a mega-expensive mindless non-functioning open world for Fallout 76, and argue that it was 'safe' to release it cos the MTX would make a fortune, and cos it wasn't all that different from Fallout 4.

Fallout 76 was a non-game, so didn't even have to reach any so-called quality level. It solved a problem for Todd- which was buying him more time before ther penny finally drops at Zenimax, and they finally kick him out- which they are going to do sooner rather than later- and even then I doubt Bethesda can be saved.

Todd's entire career now, until Zenimax cans him, will be giving interviews to the high profile mainstream gaming press about how amazing the non-existent Starfield and Skyrim sequel will be when they eventually appear. No release dates will ever be given, of course, for there are no viable projects of this description at Bethesda- just endless pointless dev-hell churning.

You make a lot of assumptions and claim them to be fact with no source whatsoever. You also attack people for not sharing your opinion multiple times, and insult others reading comprehension skills while writing an opinion piece in the style of a factual, objective one.

Irony

Same as the rest of

You make a lot of assumptions and claim them to be fact with no source whatsoever. You also attack people for not sharing your opinion multiple times, and insult others reading comprehension skills while writing an opinion piece in the style of a factual, objective one.

Irony
Wait, what? Are you talking to me? If so, then I'd suggest you watch Bethesda's E3 conference back in 2018 and see how Todd described Fallout 76. Similar rhetoric used in this interview as well.

anthraticus

Banned
There's rumors now that Bethesda will show Starfield as a "surprise", despite denying it before.
What happened....thought you were 'out' ? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Anyway....people love to tearing apart Toddler, calling him a liar, ect.. but in reality he's just squeaky-voiced midget beholden to his corporate overlords, guilty only of the same foolishness the rest of his team indulges in... outlandish gushing & overhyping cool-sounding features that they imagine can be implemented in their games, but then it turns out they can't be (or are implemented in a much more limited and disappointing fashion, like Radiant AI,/quests...), because as developers they're too incompetent to bring their ideas from the drawing board to people's computers.

Teslerum

That is flat out wrong?

In fact

A: Fallout and Fallout 2 were critical and (at the time) commercial successes. And have a strong community following them both to this day.
B: The only reason it lost popularity was because of the timegap of nearly 10 years between Fallout 2 and 3's release.
C.: It's known that there were multiple other parties interested in the Fallout IP beside Bethesda (who just was the one that was ready to invest the most money.)

But sure, historical revisonism and shitting on other peoples work that made your success possible is greeeeeeeeeeat. Who the hell needs to respect the past, needs to respect the work put in by other people to make yours possible. Am I right? Fuck em.

Last edited:

Starfield

That is flat out wrong?

In fact

A: Fallout and Fallout 2 were critical and (at the time) commercial successes. And have a strong community following them both to this day.
B: The only reason it lost popularity was because of the timegap of nearly 10 years between Fallout 2 and 3's release.
C.: It's known that there were multiple other parties interested in the Fallout IP beside Bethesda (who just was the one that was ready to invest the most money.)

But sure, historical revisonism and shitting on other peoples work that made your success possible is greeeeeeeeeeat. Who the hell needs to respect the past, needs to respect the work put in by other people to make yours possible. Am I right? Fuck em.
Hey, I'm not saying Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 weren't a success, but like you agreed to, the IP did get thrown under the bus kinda and Interplay was done for. They couldn't do anything with the Fallout IP anymore and thats why they sold it. Were it not for Bethesda/Zenimax who purchased it there would be no Fallout as we know it today. Nowadays the Fallout brand is very much as known as The Elder Scrolls...because of...betehsda/todd howard.
They did respect the lore (in some ways, in some ways not) but hey, its THEIR IP now, they can do with the lore whatever they want, or the game in general. If you don't agree with it then don't buy/play it.

And in that time who would have made a better Fallout rpg game? Name a good studio from that time that had the ressources available, the interest and the name behind it to make it a greater success than now.
What happened....thought you were 'out' ? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Anyway....people love to tearing apart Toddler, calling him a liar, ect.. but in reality he's just squeaky-voiced midget beholden to his corporate overlords, guilty only of the same foolishness the rest of his team indulges in... outlandish gushing & overhyping cool-sounding features that they imagine can be implemented in their games, but then it turns out they can't be (or are implemented in a much more limited and disappointing fashion, like Radiant AI,/quests...), because as developers they're too incompetent to bring their ideas from the drawing board to people's computers.
I cannot leave but I cannot stay either.

Anyways, you are probably right, while Todd Howard is the "face" of Bethesda he may not be the one who has the final call.

Now for some predictions for TES Vl:

In 2007 Todd began scribbling down notes for what the next game (Skyrim) should/will be where he noted some bulletpoints about story and game features and elements.
What is VERY interesting is that on his last point that he wrote down it said "Strongeholds" - build your own Stronghold and customize it the way you want blahblahblah. in a recent interview with uesp.net he said that this feature - at the time - was far too ambitious to make it into Skyrim so they implented it in Fallout 4 with the Settlement building, but still to me it seems like this is just a glimpse on what this feature will become in the future and I believe that for TES Vl we will see a newer and more fleshed out Stronghold system. Maybe so it ties into the world directly, affecting quests/story, npc's, etc. so your own built Strongholds in TES 6 have a much greater meaning other than being a player base where the player can store his loot. I think thats what he kinda meant with "the tech we want to implement isnt there yet" or something in the sorts of. I don't know, its just guesswork but I think the Stronghold system will be in the new Elder Scrolls, maybe even in Starfield.

Last edited:

Teslerum

Hey, I'm not saying Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 weren't a success, but like you agreed to, the IP did get thrown under the bus kinda and Interplay was done for. They couldn't do anything with the Fallout IP anymore and thats why they sold it. Were it not for Bethesda/Zenimax who purchased it there would be no Fallout as we know it today. Nowadays the Fallout brand is very much as known as The Elder Scrolls...because of...betehsda/todd howard.
They did respect the lore (in some ways, in some ways not) but hey, its THEIR IP now, they can do with the lore whatever they want, or the game in general. If you don't agree with it then don't buy/play it.

And in that time who would have made a better Fallout rpg game? Name a good studio from that time that had the ressources available, the interest and the name behind it to make it a greater success than now.

As I already said. No. There were multiple parties interested we know that.
As for what comes after for good or bam, especially *greater success than it is now* is irrelevant unless you somehow are able to peek in that reality. The rest is conjecture.

Also, nice backtracking there. Going from *Fallout would be NOTHING without Bethesda* to *Well its well known now*.

nowhat

Hey, I'm not saying Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 weren't a success, but like you agreed to, the IP did get thrown under the bus kinda and Interplay was done for. They couldn't do anything with the Fallout IP anymore and thats why they sold it.

Sequel was in the works. The company went bankrupt. That's not indicative that there was no interest in the IP.

nowhat

Wasn't Van Buren the rumoured Fallout MMo? I don't remember exactly anymore.
You could, I dunno, read the Wikipedia article? But I'll quote the first paragraph:

Van Buren was the codename given to what would have been Fallout 3, a role-playing video game that was being developed by Black Isle Studios before the parent company, Interplay Entertainment went bankrupt. This resulted in the company shutting down Black Isle, which in turn laid off the PC development team on December 8, 2003, effectively cancelling the game.

Belmonte

There are either TESO or Daggerfall for that.

Daggerfall takes place in Iliac Bay. Arena was the one who tried all Tamriel but everything is very bland.

I'm surprised to know TESO is all Tamriel though! Will give it a try sometime.

Starfield

Daggerfall takes place in Iliac Bay. Arena was the one who tried all Tamriel but everything is very bland.

I'm surprised to know TESO is all Tamriel though! Will give it a try sometime.
It is not the ENTIRE landmass of Tamriel YET but I think they are aiming towards that goal...depends on how long the game will be played but TESO being #2 MMO and alot of Wow players switching to it right now I guess that we will have ESO for atleast another 4-5 years. Elsweyr dlc which came out this week is pretty successful so far.
Every dlc/expansion usually adds a tiny piece of new landmass towards the game. This year we got Northern Elsweyr and rumours are that a part of Skyrim could be coming next. Last year we had the complete Summerset Island and Murkmire (Southern tip of Black Marsh where Lilmoth is the main city which is known from the Elder Scrolls romans, yes there are TES books.)

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
They certainly do have an engine problem. No idea how they are going to try and make that work next gen.

If they don't update the engine and get better artists in place, I will not purchase the next Elder Scrolls. Everything in Skyrim and Oblivion are janky as fuck and needs to be fixed.

GermanZepp

If they don't update the engine and get better artists in place, I will not purchase the next Elder Scrolls. Everything in Skyrim and Oblivion are janky as fuck and needs to be fixed.

I was going to post the same. I watch some youtube video in which some dude suggest they are using ¿photogrammetry? for TES6. Scenarios, character models and character animations are going to look lame if they don't change/super-update that engine.

Top Bottom