• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Elder Scrolls 6 And Starfield Are Shaping Up

Shifty

Were talking about an all time record over 30 million copy sales at TES V Skyrim, name other RPG game that can reach that number

Bethesda would be foolish not to extend that lead and use their strongest brand to the core

I get that is risky job at investing new ip like Starfield but theres nothing wrong with making sequel of your best selling franchise
I have no problem with more Elder Scrolls games being made, or new IP being created for that matter. Not sure where you're getting that from.

My issue here is that trust in Bethesda to deliver a quality product is at an all time low, and 'playable for a decade' smacks of their priorities leaning more toward vapid expanses of mediocre content rather than taking the formula they already have and polishing it to a mirror sheen for next gen.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I have no problem with more Elder Scrolls games being made, or new IP being created for that matter. Not sure where you're getting that from.

My issue here is that trust in Bethesda to deliver a quality product is at an all time low, and 'playable for a decade' smacks of their priorities leaning more toward vapid expanses of mediocre content rather than taking the formula they already have and polishing it to a mirror sheen for next gen.

Except were not talking about your expectation

This is The Elder Scroll VI

Rest assure Bethesda wont be messing around with their biggest flagship title

I get that alot of people here dont like F76 but lets just throw that garbage into the the corner and never mention it again

Last edited:

stickkidsam

Just please release a game with combat that doesn't feel like I'm controlling an animatronic Chuck E Cheese character.

Every. Single. Game!

They've got story nailed down so how about we get some TLC on the actual game part.

Shifty

Except were not talking about your expectation
Except yes we are because you decided to quote my post about having low expectations in order to start soapboxing about how amazing Bethesda's upcoming titles are going to be.

I'll be ready to join you on that soapbox just as soon as they blow my mind with a game that's truly polished ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Inviusx

The upcoming changes to F76 include improvements to gunplay that are making it faster and snappier. Might be a sign of changes rolling in from their in development games.

anthraticus

Banned
Bet half the people here hating bethesda will be there day one to buy TES VI😂
Wouldn't be surprised if all the ppl who only started ripping them after 76 are willing to keep bending ova again and again.

I was done with them after that steaming turd Oblivious. Fucking frisbeed that shit out my top floor window into my neighbors yard.

Starfield

Wouldn't be surprised if all the ppl who only started ripping them after 76 are willing to keep bending ova again and again.

I was done with them after that steaming turd Oblivious. Fucking frisbeed that shit out my top floor window into my neighbors yard.
Holy shit man, you're so cool.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned

Couldnt care less with what the hater think

Im super pumped for TES VI !!!

This TES Skyrim theme music will always sends powerfull message to my heart and soul !!

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

"Sword-singing/Hoonding won’t be present, at least for the player character. TESVI is striving to be a bit of a return to roots for RPGs, and making the player character a sword-summoning Jesus only limits their ability to be who they want."

Can someone translate this into layman's terms? What does this mean?!

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
If this leak is fake, someone really put some thought into it.

It's cool nonetheless though. Seeing TESVI date of 2025 is Pretty depressing though. I'll almost be 40 by that time. :messenger_unamused:

"Sword-singing/Hoonding won’t be present, at least for the player character. TESVI is striving to be a bit of a return to roots for RPGs, and making the player character a sword-summoning Jesus only limits their ability to be who they want."

Can someone translate this into layman's terms? What does this mean?!
"Sword-singers were an order of Yokudan warriors who followed the "Way of the Sword", a martial philosophy on blade mastery."
"The greatest among the sword-singers were known as "Saints of the Sword", or Ansei in Yoku. Ansei had the ability to manifest a sword from their very soul, known as a Shehai or "Spirit Sword". By sheer force of will, an Ansei warrior could create this ethereal sword of pure thought and it would take shape in their hand."

Source: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Sword-singers

Bigfroth

Both seem to have the right amount of bugs plus a few new next gen bugs, day one patch should be ready by day one but it could be delayed.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Probably it's a subscription based live service. These idiots never learn.
Probably, you would think they wouldn't want to risk screwing up the formula from Skyrim and Fallout 4 which each sold millions. Pretty silly if they do... So almost 100% chance

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man that leak is the stuff of dreams for a Bethesda fanboy like me who hated Fallout 76.

I don't want to get too excited so I will take it with a pinch of salt.

Good God please no...

Kacho

Gold Member
So when do we get the sweet details of next next gen Skyrim?
Doubt we hear anything substantial until Starfield drops and who knows when that will be ready. I'm hoping 2021 because if it's 2022 or later it'll be like 2026 until TESVI is ready. It's a fucking crazy wait.

My main concern as well.

StormCell

Oh man that leak is the stuff of dreams for a Bethesda fanboy like me who hated Fallout 76.

I don't want to get too excited so I will take it with a pinch of salt.

Good God please no...

That post sure does sound legit, though. It can totally hold water but still incorporate enough of the "new QoL" crap that we've grown to hate but accept. Expect a big colorful map with a bajillion markers, but as long as it's not too improved over Skyrim I will accept it.

Still playing Skyrim in 2020. I await our 2025 successor.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
fSsshSU

Yawn. Another day, another completely unreliable Reddit “”””””””insider”””””””.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
That post sure does sound legit, though...

Yeah that's the thing, a lot of it does sound legit. Or at least, a lot of it sounds like music to the older fans ears. Almost too good to be true.

And yeah, still building new characters in Skyrim to this day. Who would have guessed it damn near ten years ago.

Kacho

Gold Member
I'd be ok with optional online components in their newer titles, but I'm only interested if I can continue to play these offline. Can't help but feel like Fallout 76 was a test bed for future online functionality.

Not sure what it is about western neckbeards and developers but they are obsessed with everything being online. Fucking sucks.

Blade2.0

I'm fine with co-op, but don't make it like fallout 76. Just have a regular ES game that a friend can join your world with their character. That's the only co-op I'd want.

Oh man I'm pretty excite. I love TES series. Leak doesn't sound too far out so who knows. I really want to see more Oblivion realms tbh and better character models.

yugoluke

"When you eventually, eventually see the game and what we have in mind [you'll] understand the gap more in terms of technology and what we want it to do."

OK. So is this an admission of the underlying tech being rebuilt from the ground up?

Because I am with almost everyone in thinking that Bethesda had a really poor showing this gen.

My nostalgia fuelled optimism (mainly for Skyrim) leaves me with the hope that they will get their shit together. But everything that they have released has been outclassed by other developers. They feel old, out of the loop, and arrogant. An arrogance much like a kid who has peaked in high school. They need to put their head down, and focus on whatever their next project is. And they must knock it out of the park.

Every game mechanic HAS to feel intentional and GOOD. The game HAS to perform well and seem POLISHED.

Earn back our respect. Because as much as we criticize, I do hope that they can turn themselves around.

OK. So is this an admission of the underlying tech being rebuilt from the ground up?

Because I am with almost everyone in thinking that Bethesda had a really poor showing this gen.

My nostalgia fuelled optimism (mainly for Skyrim) leaves me with the hope that they will get their shit together. But everything that they have released has been outclassed by other developers. They feel old, out of the loop, and arrogant. An arrogance much like a kid who has peaked in high school. They need to put their head down, and focus on whatever their next project is. And they must knock it out of the park.

Every game mechanic HAS to feel intentional and GOOD. The game HAS to perform well and seem POLISHED.

Earn back our respect. Because as much as we criticize, I do hope that they can turn themselves around.
I think they're going to blow people away. Their tech was so dated and it really showed with every progressive release. I expect the true RPG experience for the next ES game. Stuff they probably couldn't achieve with the engine they were using should be achievable. Be it more complex AI, dynamic game worlds that are impacted by the players decisions and other bells and whistles. Bethesda ate shit this generation and they knew it. Doubt they'll make the same mistake again.

I don't really plan on playing a game from this studio again. I can't have my experience ruined by a game that simply doesn't work. You can't create this kind of experience and ruin it by having game breaking bugs, bugs not patched out but well known by the end of the developer supporting it or just having your save data corrupt.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Todd lost all credibility with Fallout 76. I'm obviously hyped for these games, but they better be on a brand new engine built from the ground up with combat that actually has collision physics and shooting mechanics that doesn't make me feel like turning the gun on myself. Show me that.

Todd lost all credibility with Fallout 76. I'm obviously hyped for these games, but they better be on a brand new engine built from the ground up with combat that actually has collision physics and shooting mechanics that doesn't make me feel like turning the gun on myself. Show me that.
I think that's a given.

Ixiah

Banned
The Elder Scrolls VI is being designed to play for a decade or longer.
What does that even mean ?
Live Service trash tier Game ?
Resold for 10 years on every Console, Toaster and Apple Watch imaginable ?
Lets not forget, they are using the same broken, way too old Creation Engine.
Because why spend Money on a new Engine when you can just patch up the busted up old one ?
Remember the untold number of bugs TES5 had with Physics alone ?
An empty World where everything is explorable from the Start, filled with the same Cave System and Castle over and over and the same Items lying everywhere around, all of them useless, but you can interact with them !
Quests that give you nothing but Gold you dont need, Fights that are broken and boring.
Skilltrees which are equaly as Vapid and uninteresting as the Magic System ?
Level Scaling so you never feel your Powers progress ?
Arent you exited to relive the Magic in TES6 ?
Playable 3 Years after release when Fans have fixed the worst Bugs and modded the Game somewhat Playable ?

Last edited:

Belmonte

I don't believe they will return to their RPG roots. It would be awesome from my point of view, but after Skyrim sales, they would be insane, business-wise, to return to the complexity of past games.

I just want the ESVI to have....

A huge area to explore.
Good combat.
Decent stories.
Easily moddable.
To come out in the next few years.
A consistent challenge (I used to struggle to find stuff to kill in Skyrim).

Last edited:
Top Bottom