• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many 5 dollar games did you leave sitting on the shelves.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Right now, I feel sick :(

I just looked at the updated list, and I left the following sitting there for 5 bucks:

Dynasty Warriors 3
Moto GP 2
Pirates of the Caribean
Rayman 3
Red Faction 2
Jedi Outcast
Syberia
XGRA

Several of those are games that I actually wanted, and the others are worth 5 bucks :( I still got several good games, so I guess I should be happy.. but I was a price check away from Dynasty Warriors :(

Edit: I also got Quantum Redshift before it was on the list.. so I guess I should have known then just to grab whatever game I wanted and have them price check.. Im just really pissed because I had them price check a ton of games I wanted that I figured werent 5 bucks, but managed to miss all of these.

Dave Long

Banned
Don't even start. There's a number of them that I had no idea were $4.99 that I didn't buy. The full list really didn't hit til mid-week.

StoOgE

crawlingpeter said:
i left quite a few that someone i know ended up getting later on.. i didnt have enough money the first time..

thats when you start hiding games in refrigerators. :p

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
lots. intentionally. either because i already owned them or because i just didn't want them.

Saurus

Too many...the Circuit City by me had pretty much every game on the list a week ago. Grabbed 2 Disgaeas, a few others and left...Went back a day later and saw a guy w/the list clearing them all out...He had 2 BASKETS filled next to him as he dug frantically through the aisles..pretty disturbing...

I left a lot of crap.

No point in hording it when someone that wants it may get a chance to play something.

The only game I horded was two copies of RAD. One for a gift, and the other to add to my pile of super awesome underappreciated by morons games. Which is now RAD and Rez.

There's no way I'm letting some festering cockrot use RAD as trade-in fodder. Not on my watch! >:|

dorikyasu

I left...

Syberia
the Bouncer
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Chaos Legion

'cause I do own all of them already... I really should've picked them up still, though.

signet

I grabbed about 20 games for myself and a few for ebay. Only game I took more than one copy of was Disgaea, sorry but got to pay for games some how.

Ristamar

A hell of a lot. One of the CCs I went to was virtually untouched. I didn't want to spoil it for anyone else that wanted some cheap games.

StoOgE

I guess I wasnt very clear..

the games I didnt get was because no one knew they were 5 bucks when I got there.. so I thought they were still full price :(

Mumbles

buck naked said:
I guess it makes me a moron, but what's RAD?

Robot Alchemic Drive - the one where you control the giant fighting robot by remote.

Anyway, I haven't seen most of the games on that list in months at any CC, so I got Eve of Extinction and Nightcaster, and left a couple of sports games, Mad Maestro (which I already have), and a bunch of demos.

Dead

well not really...yet
I saw RAD but didnt get it because I didnt know it was 4.99 :( sure enough after that it was gone

buck naked said:
I guess it makes me a moron, but what's RAD?

It's a great game where you control three Gigantor inspired robots (read: via remote control) to defend your city from alien / giant monster invasion.

It got decent reviews, and even got a nod in the late to the party "Underappreciated PS2 Games" list, or some such, in an issue of PSM.

A great deal of fun, but I know the execution has put a lot of "giant robot" fans off.

Me, I'll play any god damned thing Sandlot releases. They're great! :D

The only game i really wanted was RAD and i couldnt find that. :( I was late so i only saw a few like Voodoo Vince which i didnt want, so i left it for someone else.

aoi tsuki

My CC just relocated a couple of blocks down the street, and magically "lost" much of their older good inventory (the inventory that included REZ), so i left many a game. If i can get up in time, i'll drop by in a few hours and camp out. i'm not expecting them to get restocked on any titles i really want though.

All of them. :(
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
canada%20flag.gif

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is it true that some CC stores are getting restocked with the $5 games? I still haven't been able to get to the one near me yet; wondering if I should even bother now.

B'z-chan

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
Is it true that some CC stores are getting restocked with the $5 games? I still haven't been able to get to the one near me yet; wondering if I should even bother now.

Whats gone is gone and there wont be a restock. IF your store kept things back they might have put them back out by now, but i doubt it. I believe they changed the prices on most of games.

Its not even worth it. I was just over at the one here in fresno and all i saw was really old sports games. So i just left. I ddint even want to look all that much. Me was disapointed.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
True? Yes.

Disappointing titles? Even more so.

I remember running up to the counter with a Metal Arms for XBox in my hands, almost tripping over a fucking Christina Agulara CD rack (Revenge of the Racks!) . It was real smooth y'all, I think I actually heard a young lady gasp as I almost bit it - and then, after all that, being told by the too-cool-for-school employee "sorry sir, this isn't a $4.99 title".

I should've had Fart rolling with me, I bet he's real smooth-like

Priz

As I mentioned, I had a old semi-friend who worked there and showed me the games last Saturday by throwing most in the basket. I went by what I actually wanted/what was decent PLUS how much I could afford (~8 titles) as money's a little tight right now (otherwise I would've been down in Anaheim at Anime Expo that weekend).

Titles I remember putting back include Chaos Legion, Alien vs. Predator, Oni, Star Wars: Obi Wan, some football game for the PS2, Hunter: The Reckoning (whichever sequel that was on the list - Wayward?), Fairly Oddparents xbox, Frequency (already have it), Vexx, Rayman 3 and at least 5-6 other games which I can't think of right now. There was another copy of RAD which he really wanted but didn't realize was on the shelf so I found it for him.

There were multiple copies of a few of the titles (such as RAD, Voodoo Vince, Armored Core 3 and Robin Hood) which I bought (as well as some of the ones I put back, I think there were like 4-5 copies of Chaos Legion) so I came back to tell friends on IRC, but they were gone. They came back 3 hours later and after not believing me originally... finally went to the store (around another hour later). They came back and accused me of leaving nothing to buy in the store. You try to help people out by not being greedy and pass the word along...

Top Bottom