• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many cups of coffee do you drink per day?

How many cups of coffee do you drink per day (8oz)?

Votes: 86 31.2%
  • 1-2

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • 3-4

Votes: 60 21.7%
  • 5-6

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • 7+

Votes: 14 5.1%

• Total voters

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
3-4 plain black from normal coffee beans, I have very low blood pressure (around 80/50), which has it's benefits, but it's not good for productivity.

For years I drank way too much coffee. Then it got to the point that I was having a lot of problems with acid reflux and other stomach issues. So I switched to caffeine pills. After that I would have some coffee on the weekend occasionally, as a treat, but I haven't done that in a while. All I drink now is water (lots of water) plus a glass of beet juice once a day.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Define “cup”? An American cup of coffee is usually quite more than the average Italian cup of coffee.

I rarely have more than 3 Italian cups a day, which should be between 250 and 300ml. Usually one or two, and I don’t drink coffee every day.
Qui in sicilia ci facciamo i frullati alla nutella in quei cazzo di bicchieroni in cui loro mettono il caffe :lollipop_squinting:

Mistake

I had one coffee in my life. My heart was at 230 and pumping out of my chest. I actually wrote a will during that time. Was sure I would die.
When traveling abroad, I noticed that coffees had a lot less caffeine. I think they jack them up in the US.

I’m currently banned from having caffeinated stuff because I’m on a diet, but after that I might go back to having 1 every other day, or decaf. I like coffee, but too much caffeine messes with me

Last edited:

Catphish

7+

I have 7 just after I wake up, with about eight smokes :messenger_tears_of_joy:

...My teeth are still white. Even if they wasnt I wouldnt give a shite. I'm passed all that, hell, I wouldnt care if I didnt have any :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Lies No GIF

Meicyn

Gold Member
I drink one cup a day with lunch. That post-lunch slump is the worst at work and the coffee plus some pushups keeps the blood going. Otherwise I end up unproductive on the verge of falling asleep.

deafmedal

On the road: a carafe of french press, dark roast with a few scoops of stevia with a small cigar before I leave for work and (often) a couple of cups at brunch with cream and sugar.

At home: 4 shot iced latte with turbinado, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg with a nice cigar in the morning and usually some purple Stok (sometimes sweet, sometimes not), about 12-16 oz in the late afternoon.

lem0n

I typically stop in the mornings and get my large, sugary coffee on the way to work. I don't drink caffeine again the rest of the day though.

TheMan

usually 3, occasionally 4. I almost always get the cheap stuff but occasionally I'll treat myself to Kaldi's at work

Jsisto

1 to 2. Usually some sort of cold brew, usually unsweetened aside from whatever sugar is in my non dairy milk of choice for the day.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
none. very rarely i'll drink coffee. doesn't really do anything for me. a few years ago when i lost a lot of weight i found myself drinking a lot of it. in my whole life until then i had maybe only had 5 cups of coffee and suddenly i was drinking it daily. after a while though it went away and i have only had maybe 1 cup since 2018.

it's the most overrated drink and i hate coffee culture. people get so fucking offended when i say no to coffee or that i dont drink tea or coffee and they look at me like i'm an alien. then you have these people who are all like "omg i need coffee! im like literally useless without my coffee! i need it to function!" seriously shut up, you're an addict if you feel that way.

Last edited:
There have been many studies that say exactly the opposite. Coffee is an antioxidant, and in most peoples diets the #1 antioxidant they get.

I drink 3-4 cups a day, I have a coffee maker in my office and grind the beans everyday so it's more fresh. In the summer I'll usually switch over to cold brew that I make at home and leave in the fridge.
It's usually wise to assume that most food study info will change every 10 years. Seen it happen over and over.

Who knows who funded that study anyway. Coffee has never been more lucrative than it is now.

Kev Kev

Kev Kev Kev Kev any types of coffee you have on a special occasion?
Not really, I’m a cheapo so I just drink the store rand from a regular old coffee maker 🤷‍♂️

But if I go out to get coffee I’ll get something fancy like a caramel macchiato or something like that. Something with all the sweet stuff that I normally don’t use.

dr_octagon

Banned
Not really, I’m a cheapo so I just drink the store rand from a regular old coffee maker 🤷‍♂️

But if I go out to get coffee I’ll get something fancy like a caramel macchiato or something like that. Something with all the sweet stuff that I normally don’t use.
You tried Turkish coffee?

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Zero in my case. Really love the smell of coffee though, and coffee desserts such as tiramisu.

Actually I’m really surprised with the poll results, as I thought us non-coffee folks would be in the minority.

Tams

Gold Member
One cup of freshly ground coffee, black, every morning. I used to have milk (full fat only), but good coffee can be worse with it. I still like milk in my coffee though.

I get it from a local merchant, though I've gone through everything they've got now, bar the different blends they do.

Sometimes (more recently), I buy some when out and about. I think the machines grind them on the spot, but I'm not sure. They don't taste that good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom