• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many of you will buy Next gen consoles at Launch?

How many of you will buy next gen consoles at launch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jesb

Very unlikely. I’m far from done with this gen. Backlog is ridiculous.

I don’t think PS5 will be much of an option. Will be in short supply.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Last one's closest to my line of thinking right now and I was looking forward to picking up at least one of them before this virus mess went down.

First console manufacturer to announce they're taking steps to move away from China gets my support.

PocoJoe

Banned
PS5 on the launch.

100% sure that I will get it so same to buy it on launch.

My launch ps4 were ridiculously loud so as precaution I maybe order it from stores that have 30-50 days of "return policy of no questions asked", while I dont think they will be loud in general, there are always bad units out there.

Fbh

I don't think I will.
Got a Ps4 at launch but the first year wasn't worth it. Not a lot of stuff to play and I got peeling analog sticks .

But I'll wait for the actual reveal. If Sony is like "Bloodborne 2 during launch window" the I'm in!

Last edited:

LostDonkey

I think I'm gonna get the PS5 day one and go for the Xbox all access for the XSX. £25 a month is a great deal with Xbox live and gamepass.

Means I don't have to shell out near to a grand day one so result.

Reactions: Isa

-Troid-

Banned
My plan was to get an Xbox SX since I only have an Xbox One S. Made more sense to me to wait until next gen to get the SX instead of a One X as it would be a way better upgrade. So I guess if they aren't hard to find due to the current economic climate then I'll get one day one.

If I can't get one right away I'll probably just stick with what I have and make sure I have money saved in case stuff gets worse.

I hope so, but I need to know at least launch window games or first year game line up.
I don't care about bc, I buy new systems for the new games. If there's something I want to play, here I am.

Ten_Fold

Got the ps4 at launch this gen, never got the xbox one. So next gen I will pick up the series X. Might grab both though.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I am. Will pre-order Xbox Series X once pre-orders become available.

Roberts

Xbox. Will pre-order it as soon as possible.

I've said that a few times before, but I'm sticking with Xbox-only next gen mostly because of my existing library of games dating back to original xbox. Also, Gamepass, controller, friends, best third party performance (probably) and I usually like MS first party output. Some of the PS4 games were pretty great, but my Pro is mostly collecting dust these days. After a bit of soul searching, I came to a conclusion that I will never buy a console again so that I can play 10 games on it. That said, I'm sure PS5 will be absolutely amazing console. Enjoy it, Sony kids.

Mr Hyde

I'm jumping in to next gen when Elden Ring drops. Launch games are usually pretty mediocre and mostly tech demos to show off the new hardware. Lots if issues at launch too with defective units, controllers and other problems. I don't think I've ever bought a system at launch when I think about it. Maybe Dreamcast but not sure.

But if Horizon 2 or BB 2 or a Demon's Souls Remake is among launch titles I might reconsider. That would be pretty hard to pass up, especially a sequel to BB. But chances of that are slim to none.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I will buy only an XsX at launch because I much prefer Xbox games, I want the best console for 3rd party games, and didn't like PS4 games except HZD and TLOU. Since I have absolutely NO interest in TLOU2 I'm not buying a 2nd console for only one game.

Last edited:

Goliathy

Banned
Will buy everything, but the question is: what about the supply? Chances are that the supply will be very limited, so maybe we won't be even able to buy the console at all at launch lol

Reactions: Isa

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Got PS4 launch day and never had an issue. Traded it in for a launch Pro and that's been great for me too. Gonna get PS5 launch day but won't sell my Pro till I test the BC on my owned titles.

Pidull

I am going to move completely into PC gaming.

I previously did PC/Wii/PS3 and with this generation I simply bought all three consoles and skipped PC. I hate DRM and it's clear that I will probably lose access to playing many games that had day one updates from this generation, as such I plan to shift my gaming towards PC next gen, specifically with GOG. I have plenty of games to keep me occupied too.

RPS37

My next gaming purchase is either going to be the CP2077 XOX or just the game.
Then I want to try to get an XSX and infinite.
That should hold me over for a while.

Last edited:

T-Cake

As far as I see it, I have two options

1) Give it a month for the initial findings of Digital Foundry and see which console performs better in those face-offs. Then buy one of them either just before Christmas or just afterwards, the other twelve months later.

2) Buy a PS5 at launch and stick with my PC, getting a 3000-series nVidia card instead of XSX. But I'd feel like I was missing out then as I am really interested to see what the next Xbox can do.

ZywyPL

Banned
I'm leaning towards day 1 XBX and PS5 some time later, but honestly I'll most likely wait 2-3 months before I get either of them, I don't trust the companies, too many fuck-ups in the past to blindly drop 500$ or so, I'll wait for first batch user reviews.

rykomatsu

PS5 - primarily import games from Japan and aside from the Xbox 360 early exclusives, the stuff I've wanted have generally been on PS3 / PS4

Top Bottom