• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many OLED owners do we have here?

What OLED TV do you Have.

• Lg C6

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Lg C7

Votes: 38 9.7%
  • Lg C8

Votes: 32 8.2%
  • Lg C9

Votes: 117 29.8%
  • Lg CX

Votes: 119 30.4%
  • Panasonic oled

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • Sony oled

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • Lg B series

Votes: 50 12.8%

• Total voters

Skyr

55 C9 babeh

4190882_460s.jpg

Raphael

For someone who is just jumping into OLED, 4k and hdr. What do you guys recommend to watch after i play around with the settings. I have netflix and HBO go. Is streaming alright enough vs blurays?

Heard aquaman is alright? Havent seen it at least.

Last edited:

imsosleepy

I was lucky to have an extra money buffer and I spend 1500 on a oled tv. Thats normally way to expensive for me but my tv was broke and I was using a 100 euro small screen for a while. Bought it because I do take the big games on console serious when they come and I wanted something amazing.

Well.. ITS FREAKING AWESOME! And everybody who comes to my place instantly notices the difference of my screen versus theirs. My parents could not believe how much of a difference it was and bought a new Qled cozz of it as well.

I am scared of burn it though.. so that sucks :( bought it lsat year

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
c7 and c9 3 phones i had are oled too psp vita model 1 oled.

oled is the shit

For someone who is just jumping into OLED, 4k and hdr. What do you guys recommend to watch after i play around with the settings. I have netflix and HBO go. Is streaming alright enough vs blurays?

Heard aquaman is alright? Havent seen it at least.
get UHD discs. and be sure to check if they are good 4k's Like the early dvd's and blurays where crap too.,

Last edited:

Moses85

LG 65B7 since September 2018... will upgrade with the Launch of Series X and PS5

Last edited:

Dee_Dee

65in B7. Got it in 2017. Love it. Will probably upgrade it when the new consoles come out but not sure where i would move this one. Don’t really think I need a 65in tv in my bedroom but maybe i do lol

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I would get the new 48" oled (smalles oled tv) this year... but seeing as I use 4k ips 27" monitor and I still see aliasing sometimes and I think that even 32" is too big for desk... yeah I wont update

Uusis

Banned
65" E6, got it in 2017 and it was the one of the last models to have 3D on it (4K screen with passive 3D is godlike!). Still bitter that 3D support died and I can't upgrade my tv to newer model and don't have space to buy a second one. Happy owner, OLED is life.

Reactions: TLZ

sn0man

My CX is set to deliver later this week and I’ve held off on some 4K exclusives (eg, horizon zero dawn) because I wanted that big tv experience.

been lurking on AVS forums for 6 months just waiting for the latest info on hdmi 2.1 stuff. Going to just wait on a receiver and 5.1 until after the receivers catch up for 2.1 allm and vrr

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
65" E6, got it in 2017 and it was the one of the last models to have 3D on it (4K screen with passive 3D is godlike!). Still bitter that 3D support died and I can't upgrade my tv to newer model and don't have space to buy a second one. Happy owner, OLED is life.

I got a 55 C6. I concur: the 3D on these 4K OLED TVs is magnificent, the best I've ever seen. It's actually a better experience than in cinemas because the black levels are so good. It's crazy sharp, colors pop, the passive glasses are the same as in our local cinemas so you can have enough for large groups. Such a shame that 3D died at the exact moment it was perfected for home cinema fans.

I bought a 65C7 when it first came out for gaming with my PS4 Pro. But after watching a few 4K movies on there, they had looked so good, I didn't want to risk burn-ins playing games. I'm now in the market for a new OLED gaming TV, specifically the CX series (55" or 65" depending on whichever is the better deal around the Super Bowl).

Hostile_18

Banned
Nothing like OLED for gaming. Anything else is like playing with a Instagram filter on.

Oled has its disadvantages for some peoples viewing habits, but if you want the best picture it is the way to go 👍

I remember one company was bringing out a 40"-ish OLED. I've kinda moved away from big TV's. Anyone know which brand that is?

Salmonboy

65" C8, and happy as hell with it. Went from last Pioneer Kuro plasma and last and best Panasonic plasma! Will go with a 77" CX pretty soon!

Top Bottom