• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many OLED owners do we have here?

What OLED TV do you Have.

• Lg C6

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Lg C7

Votes: 38 9.7%
  • Lg C8

Votes: 32 8.2%
  • Lg C9

Votes: 117 29.8%
  • Lg CX

Votes: 119 30.4%
  • Panasonic oled

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • Sony oled

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • Lg B series

Votes: 50 12.8%

• Total voters

Aidah

I've got a 55" and a 65" C9. Absolutely majestic. Truly amazing. Nothing is 100% perfect, but this is as close as it has ever gotten.

Also, I realize now it was dumb to be that concerned about burn-in. Countless hours playing the same game every day and using the TV as a PC monitor, and not even a hint of temporary image retention, let alone burn-in. The issue is way over blown, which isn't surprising that it would be, things like this are always over blown..

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Actually surprised at how many Panny OLED owner's are in here. I feel like I never see them on sale or talked about.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
C6 that I got a few years ago now, Horizon and BotW were the games I was playing when I made the switch. The difference was staggering even for a Switch game. I won't ever go back for living room gaming now, either OLED or something better in the future.

Flowxrz

Neo Member
Had an LG B6, ruined it, replaced with an LG C9 last week.

Owned the B6 barely 2 years before the burn-in started to become consistently noticeable during regular content. Got rid after the 3rd year.

Wouldn’t have gone OLED again but FALD TV’s this year are shockingly bad. You really can’t tick all the boxes on getting a future proof set with good PQ.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Right now i have a panasonic fz800.
I'm gonna change it with another panasonic oled most probably, one with hdmi 2.1 in 2022 i think.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Wouldn’t have gone OLED again but FALD TV’s this year are shockingly bad. You really can’t tick all the boxes on getting a future proof set with good PQ.
Which TVs you been looking at? Samsung's 2020 flagship is a generation ahead when it comes to local dimming zones/algorithms and practically removes blooming.

Their 4K tvs do seem a step down compared to last years Q90R.

Had an LG B6, ruined it, replaced with an LG C9 last week.

Owned the B6 barely 2 years before the burn-in started to become consistently noticeable during regular content. Got rid after the 3rd year.

Oh boy. This is what scares me.

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
I had a 15" OLED from LG (biggest consumer OLED at the time) as my computer monitor for almost 10 years. Sadly it broke last year but it had some burn in and I had to turn up the blue. Still looked amazing though.

Flowxrz

Neo Member
Which TVs you been looking at? Samsung's 2020 flagship is a generation ahead when it comes to local dimming zones/algorithms and practically removes blooming.

Their 4K tvs do seem a step down compared to last years Q90R.

My main interest was Samsung’s 2020 4K lineup (Q90T).

They have great input delay, but to get that they pretty much turn off (or severely gimp) all the dimming zones which leaves a washed out image in game mode. This was the same for the 2019 lineup so it’s not something I’d expect to be fixed, if it can be (Q90R also doesn’t have HDMI 2.1 which was another deal breaker).

There’s also inverse ghosting in some games.

I admittedly wasn’t looking at 8K TV’s at all, but I’d be surprised if they have much better game modes.

Last edited:

Skyr

I had a 15" OLED from LG (biggest consumer OLED at the time) as my computer monitor for almost 10 years. Sadly it broke last year but it had some burn in and I had to turn up the blue. Still looked amazing though.
Dang. What was the price tag back then when you bought it?

Ulysses 31

This was the same for the 2019 lineup so it’s not something I’d expect to be fixed, if it can be (Q90R also doesn’t have HDMI 2.1 which was another deal breaker).
Didn't Samsung have some deal that you could exchange connectboxes with one with a HDMI 2.1 port for free?

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
Dang. What was the price tag back then when you bought it?
It was 3000€ at first. But I bought it when the price had been slashed to about 1000€ one year after release.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Sony A8F 55"
Pana OLED here. True black + perfect colors + Real HDR = love
I've got a Panasonic. They are the best TVs to get if reference image quality is important to you. I love mine.
Right now i have a panasonic fz800.
I'm gonna change it with another panasonic oled most probably, one with hdmi 2.1 in 2022 i think.

Sony AF9/A9F here, my favourite OLED because of the motion. Panasonic has the best colour though. LG has great options for calbration which is very welcome.

I still prefer to keep a high-end LCD as well so I can have the best of both worlds. I switch between depending on the content, eg Black Mesa on OLED, but Hitman 2016/18 on LCD. I thought RE3 Remake would be better on OLED overall, the dark street scenes and neon looks better but the explosions/fire scenes are disappointing on OLED compared to my LCD. Uncharted 3 [NDC] has loads of very dark scenes so thats been great on the OLED.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Panasonic make the brightest oled if I’m not mistaking

Yeah, the GZ2000 is the brightest, but it is/was also £1000 more than the AG9/E9 and pushing the brightness of the panel up like that introduced banding in some highlights which makes it a trade-off in terms image quality. I don't think peak brightness of OLEDs matters much really, its more about the APL [Average picture level].

You can measure a certain nit value on a 10% window on one OLED, then a 10-20% higher on another OLED. Which sounds like a big difference but in real scenes the difference is hard to see without measuring tools.

Panasonic is more colour accurate out of the box and after calibration, Sony has best motion and image processing, LG has lower input lag in game mode (and HDMI 2.1, which is great if you aren't planning to buy another TV for a few years at least).

sublimit

Banned
Not yet. I only have my OLED Vita.:p

But i was hoping to get the 55" Panasonic GZ950 by the end of this year or the next. But with all the shit that is going on in the world right now i'm not sure anymore.
The only thing that i know is that when i upgrade Panasonic OLED is a one way road for me.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I have a 65" LG B7 and see absolutely no reason to change it anytime soon. G-sync is awesome, it's on my monitor, but not get rid of a perfectly great TV awesome.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Still on a trusty Panasonic St60 plasma. I had an oled but had to sell it. LG c7. Great tv. The only weakness was motion.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I was looking at getting a B9 but just can't bring myself to drop that kind of money when there is a risk of burn in. I keep my tv for 5 or so years. I'm not spending 1,000+ to replace it after 2-3 years.

I might get one of Lg's nano tvs or just wait for HDMI 2.1 to become more common.

Last edited:
Got me a Sony 55 af9

Stunning tv and my only sadness was it wasn’t the 65”. First Sony since the ‘trinitron’ days

But the price was practically a give away, for an oled

Picture is stunning, sound is truly great for a tv (even wall mounted) and gaming on my PS4 pro makes me smile 😎

Must have something though, brother took one look and went out and bought a c9 👍😂

n0razi

55" B6 in the office and a 65" C9 in the living room (the B6 was the living room TV for a while and got demoted). Never going back to inferior LCD again.

Last edited:

V2Tommy

Panasonic and Samsung plasma owner going to 65" CX very soon. Very exciting since 65" is a very good size for an office :messenger_sunglasses:

Rippa

LG C9 65”

Bought it back in November. I’m currently replaying all my games that have HDR capabilities and I’ve been blown away. Can’t compare the blacks either. I’ve been used to clouding along the corners for far too long.
Cant wait for the next generation to start.

LG C9, what a wonderful tv.

But honestly, im afraid of Burn-in... :messenger_sad_relieved:

Im not using it so much because of that...But when i use it, what a picture... :messenger_astonished:

Top Bottom