• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many ppl here on NeoGAF wanted a PS5 and couldn't place a pre-order?

N30RYU

I'm interested in seeing how many ppl here on GAF wanted to preorder a PS5 and couldn't place one... if he got late and it was out of stock everywhere... if amazon can't confirm your unit for launch?

Tell us your story... and what are you gonna do next? have you pre-ordered any accesory at all? are you gonna wait for the second batch? are you gonna buy an Xbox instead?

I hope you all get one at launch (from canceled pre-orders)

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I didn’t try too hard, because I had other responsibilities, but was a little surprised to pop into GameStop that afternoon in an out-of-the-way town, and no pre-orders left.

My next thing is, I guess, looking at what they have for lines. I’m not the type to be the-sky-is-falling over Coronavirus, but I’m not looking to try to catch it in a line with a ton of people, so I’m curious what they do there.

I may just let it come back in stock naturally. Also, more games, bugs and kinks worked out, etc, right?

However, getting both, I do have Series X as a back-up. I expect it to be a lot less popular, and more doable. It will kind of suck to not play Souls and Miles Morales on Day 1, but at least I’ll have what looks to be like a pretty awesome Fortnite upgrade, and the new CoD looks fun as well.

Kokoloko85

I was prepared. I had a feeling they will do what happened with PS4. Next day preorders at Game.

I prefer having a surprise preorder that than having a whole bunch of people prepared a week before and queing up at 8am.

Well I wasn’t surprised, I had a lift ready for 8am the day after the event, to go as soon as the event was dated.

Last edited:
The 500€ model is still readily available to pre-order in Greece, my country. Te 400€ edition is sold out. Thought about getting one but 660€ for a console and two games is just too much to stomach these days.

N30RYU

Me. Next shipment is coming in 2021 in AU now :(
I'm pretty sure that if you go to a retailer at launch you'll get one... a lot of ppl pre-order it in a lot of places just to secure a unit at launch to later cancel the rest of pre-orders once it's shipped.

Portugeezer

I'm pretty sure that if you go to a retailer at launch you'll get one... a lot of ppl pre-order it in a lot of places just to secure a unit at launch to later cancel the rest of pre-orders once it's shipped.
For sure, PS5's will begin to randomly appear for preorder closer to launch.

Hondo4

Me. Every site i was trying was crashing. Best Buy was saying it was added to my cart then would let me get in the cart. Then when i finally got in the cart it wouldn’t let me check out.

Aidah

I haven't been able to pre-order, but it's because the Digital Edition hasn't been made available in my region yet. If I had wanted a standard PS5 it wouldn't have been that hard to get (although it's pretty much sold out everywhere now).

I'll wait for Digital Edition, and have no plans for additional accessories.

Tbone3336

Gold Member
I am joining the train. Might be the first Sony console I do not receive on release day if supply stays this constrained until launch. Stopped by several GameStop's on the way home yesterday, each of them had big signs in the window that PS5 Preorders were sold out. I am hoping for better results with Xbox Series X on Tuesday.

N30RYU

I haven't been able to pre-order, but it's because the Digital Edition hasn't been made available in my region yet. If I had wanted a standard PS5 it wouldn't have been that hard to get (although it's pretty much sold out everywhere now).

I'll wait for Digital Edition, and have no plans for additional accessories.
I got pre-ordered the digital edition... and the $100 I'll save went to the Pulse3D wireless headset since it could be a great adittion for the PS5 audio Tempest Engine... If we believe what Cerny said back in the day...

Humdinger

I tried a few times, but my preorder never went through -- stock was depleted by the time I entered my info. I stopped trying, because it felt like a waste of time to constantly be checking sites and threads for doors that shut very quickly.

I'm looking forward to getting a PS5, but I don't NEED to have it on Day 1. I'm okay with waiting a while.

I hammered F5 to no avail. I tried multiple sights and had multiple people helping on their own rigs but couldn’t get one. It hurt but I’m over it 🥺 Seriously, I’m hoping there’s another go-round before launch because I’d really like to get one but if not, I’ll be able to play some games on my Pro except for Demon’s Souls. There’ll be another battle next week in trying to secure a Series X preorder.

Allforce

I really wanted one for launch, didn't really try too hard though as I was adamant about buying from Amazon and I guess they sold all theirs for 2020 on Wednesday night.

I'll get one at release somewhere, I'm not really too bothered about it.

Doubtful. I only got the PS4 in January 2014. This won’t be different.

GymWolf

In my little gamestop physical shop they were already at 370 preorder if i heard right while the gs guy was on the telephone with a client...

And people who can't preorder are gonna see a ps5 around february...

let's see how true this is.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
In my little gamestop shop they were already at 370 preorder if i heard right while the guy was on the thelephone with a client...

And people who can't preorder are gonna see a ps5 around february...

let's see how true this is.

Based on previous trends of hot consoles, I believe that it could be around that hard to find.

Can’t be said enough, but if you missed the preorders, the lines may be your last chance at having it any time soon.

Allforce

I've lived through enough of these console launches that the whole "Yer NoT gEttIng It tiL NexT YEARRRRRR wiThOuT a prEOrdEr!!1!" falls on deaf ears.

There's going to be plenty more chances to buy one and get it around the time it comes out.

Top Bottom