• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many sexual partners for girls is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
30+ at 24 indicates she was the drunk girl everyone had a chance to poke, I'm not saying I would break up with her in that situation but it would raise a ton of questions
Fuck man, I wanna hang out with you with my friends and when you go use the bathroom we'll just talk mad shit about you and probably leave you with the bill at the end of the night.

Sounds fun, you in?

You can get to good sex with a few partners but you'll have to wade through a lot of awful sex if you're both pretty inexperienced. No one is born good at the deed.
And the amount of practice required is inversely proportionate to the number of practice partners?

How is insulting people who say they'd prefer a significant other with less sexual partners any better than insulting shaming people for having a number of partners?
It's not insulting their preference but rather the explanations and reasoning and bullshit that's behind their preference.

What does the number of partners have to do with how good the sex is? Just because someone sleeps with 20 different people doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be better in bed. It's all about how open people are to experimentation regardless of the number of people they've been with.

Uhuh. So 20 versus the 0-3 some people obviously prefer.

It's not insulting when it's the truth. You can get to good sex with a few partners but you'll have to wade through a lot of awful sex if you're both pretty inexperienced. No one is born good at the deed.

Sex is obviously going to be better with experience, and I'm sorry if you felt I was addressing you and only you, but there are people insulting those who say they'd prefer a partner with a less extensive history, without shaming those who feel otherwise.

pringles

30 at 24 its that high? i see it normal or even low
Not crazy high, but doesn't leave much room for any long-term relationships which is what would bother me. I'd be all "why hasn't this person ever been in a serious relationship and why would it be different with me?". Also coming from a small town it would be a sure thing that the list of partners would include friends and co-workers and that would suck to know.

I'd get over it though if things were great otherwise. Some people do screw around a lot when they're younger. Doesn't mean they don't eventually settle down and commit to one person.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I find it odd how people can have so many sexual partners without having an emotional attachment to the person. But that's just me, to each their own.
Same. For me, I couldn't even kiss someone I haven't vetted yet. Hook up with some random chick I met at the bar? Fuck outta here. I don't know where her mouth's been and there's no reason for me to assume it hasn't been up someone's ass or cooch.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The most important factors in this regard are loyalty and sexual health. Numerical values (beyond absurdity) have no factor in this. A girl could have sex with a couple of people but not use protection while a 'promiscuous' girl could take the correct precautions Similarly, having sex with many partners does not mean you are prone to disloyalty.

Yado

I assume he's been having sex with her just fine before he knew, what's the problem now? Tell your friend to grow up OP.

boiled goose

good with gravy
30+ by 24 is quite a bit.
nothing unachievable if you have a bunch of one night stands and hookups. As someone said before though, it does mean she probably hasnt had too many 2 year, 1 year, 6 month long relationships or been comfortably single for long periods.

I guess to me it is not about the number, but about the person. I personally don't place much value in just the physical pleasure of sex, but like meaningful connections, even if not serious.

In the end I would prefer someone similar to my experience and personality.

If I like the girl, she is clean, and she likes me, then of course it doesn't matter.

Eidan

It doesn't matter. The way some guys act you'd think their dick was getting smaller with each additional partner their girl had.

Nebula

Apparently people don't seem to understand that other people enjoy sex, and sometimes enjoy it outside of a relationship.

Liha

Banned
Two chicks at the same time.

He shouldn't worry about how many sexual partners she's had. The more she's had the better she pry is in bed. Think about it that way. I dated a girl who had 40+ (I would think, didn't care to ask) and she was definitely the best sexual partner I've had.

I would never knowingly have sex with a girl that's slept with 30 people. Aside from the increased potential for an STD, it's extremely whorish and disgusting IMO. Maybe I'm crazy but I having sex with 30 people seems excessive.

Shouta

If he's worried about whether or not a long-term relationship is viable, then 30 at her age might be a bit much.

If he's insecure by just the number, then grow up.

Orayn

Few or no previous sexual partners is okay. A lot of previous sexual partners is also okay, assuming no STDs.

This is something that people put way too much emphasis on and I just can't wrap my head around it. The number is a lot less important than being comfortable with all the other aspects of your partner's sexuality, attitudes, and behavior.

Ominym

Banned
I mean, when someone's sexual history includes 200+ people you should probably question their judgement as well as recommend an STD test or two. But besides that? Who cares?

I personally don't care how many sexual partners a girl has had. Only breaking factors for me would be an STD, or if any previous partners are friends of mine.

Don't attempt to hide your own insecurities by blaming it on someone else's sexual history.

Whats with this logic of, having sex with so many people makes the sex better. Instead of just having a shit load of sex with the same person. :eek:

Gustav

Banned
There's no absolute answer to this. Whatever your friend prefers. For me, over 5 partners is a lot. For others, 50 is a lot. If he is uncomfortable with the 30 partners and can't get over it, he should break it off.

I would never knowingly have sex with a girl that's slept with 30 people. Aside from the increased potential for an STD, it's extremely whorish and disgusting IMO. Maybe I'm crazy but I having sex with 30 people seems excessive.

You're not crazy, just extremely sex negative (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you would hold men to the same standard). X always seems like a lot until you've had X.

exactly, so why risk being with someone who has slept with a ton of people?

Someone can have unsafe sex with one person and another can have safe sex with a hundred people.

boiled goose

good with gravy

take it down a notch. 30 by 24 is only 5 a year if u started at 18.
High, but disgusting and whorish are not quite fair.

Batigol

Banned
Same. For me, I couldn't even kiss someone I haven't vetted yet. Hook up with some random chick I met at the bar? Fuck outta here. I don't know where her mouth's been and there's no reason for me to assume it hasn't been up someone's ass or cooch.

Vetted? :lol

Derwind

How is insulting people who say they'd prefer a significant other with less sexual partners any better than insulting shaming people for having a number of partners?

No one is insulting anyone for wanting to be with someone who has less partners. What being mocked is the idea that someone who has a sexual past that extends beyond the current partner is somehow less worthy to be with depending on the number of sexual encounters have been formed in that past.

Like Marriage worthy = little to no sexual past?

Really, that's pretty fucking insulting.

Also, believe it or not but there is a huge double standard when it comes to men and women who are sexually promiscuity. Its day to day reality and its one of the most ingrained pieces of old world logic that is still pervasive today in a lot of media and what not.

Look at teenage pregnancies for example, its almost always exclusively a teen girl problem, the guy is rarely if ever shamed in the same way.

Sorry I'm ranting. I know thats not what you meant but I felt it needed to be said.

Wait, those who are worried about the number... what do you think of a guy having the same amount of sexual partners?

And secondly, aren't women more likely to get STIs from intercourse than men are? Or specific ones, I forget which...

I don't know what I think, this kind of thing is way more relative than some of you make out. I get why you shouldn't judge someone completely based on one part of their life, but I can understand why someone would be uncomfortable with their partner having sex with tons of different people.

Some people just feel differently about this, I think that's all that it comes down to. There isn't anything wrong with either side. There's no political anti feminist agender behind it or whatever.

Sai-kun

Banned

alksjf;akljsfkajsfl;k

So you're never going to sleep with more than 30 people, right? What happens when you reach like 29, do you go, 'Oh shit, better make this one good!' for the last one?

To get 30 plus by 24 means that she had a lot of one night stands.

If we say one night stand a month, that means she couldn't have been in a long term relationship during college.

If she had at least one long term relationship in college, she had 2 one night stands a month. Add more long term relationships you start getting into the cheating territory.

Depending on how many real boyfriends she had, it sounds like bad news.

akira28

4, no wait, 6. (at once)

Unless she's telekinetic.

edit: any o youse ever get the idea you're talking to donkeykid, or "one of premium quality" kid whenever you're in one of these threads and theyre calling people whores for having sex with more than 5 people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom