• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many sexual partners for girls is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheContact

So my friends in a bit of a dilemma, which I think he's stupid for but would like some other opinions. He's been dating this girl for a couple months and he really likes her and she's pretty but he found out she'd slept with 30+ different guys in her life, mostly in college. She's 24. I think that's about average, if anything a little high, but nothing crazy, but he says he's thinking about breaking up with her. My wife has had more sexual partners than me but I'm not really bothered by that, if anything I think it's better because she got it out of her system.

UraMallas

Two chicks at the same time.

He shouldn't worry about how many sexual partners she's had. The more she's had the better she pry is in bed. Think about it that way. I dated a girl who had 40+ (I would think, didn't care to ask) and she was definitely the best sexual partner I've had.

gdt

I honestly could not give a single fuck. If i was a girl id fuck anything that would want to. That's pretty much my way now.

None, as far as I'm concerned. I'd prefer to have a partner of the same relative experience level, but if I had 500 sexual partners in the past (I haven't, surprisingly) I wouldn't give two shits if she had the same number.

I feel like an average of one partner per month of being sexually active is the upper limit before you have cause to start questioning the person's judgment. Any less than that, and who cares?

This applies to both men and women.

Ataraxia

Everyone's entitled to their preference in the opposite sex. For me, 30 sexual partners -especially by age 24 - would be way too many. She's not guaranteed to have an STD but odds are she encountered a few along her journey. Regardless, multiple sex partners is a major turnoff for me.

kirblar

So my friends in a bit of a dilemma, which I think he's stupid for but would like some other opinions. He's been dating this girl for a couple months and he really likes her and she's pretty but he found out she'd slept with 30+ different guys in her life, mostly in college. She's 24. I think that's about average, if anything a little high, but nothing crazy, but he says he's thinking about breaking up with her. My wife has had more sexual partners than me but I'm not really bothered by that, if anything I think it's better because she got it out of her system.
Is she clean? If so, he's being ridiculous.

I feel like an average of one partner per month of being sexually active is the upper limit before you have cause to start questioning the person's judgment. Any less than that, and who cares?

And you base this on what exactly?

Sai-kun

Banned
None. Who really gives a damn?

"This person probably really enjoys sex. Definitely wouldn't date. 1/10"

30+ by 24 seems kind of high to me, but maybe that's because I usually place an emotional value on sex as well. Can't just go handing out the good stuff. Still, I wouldn't break up with someone that I really liked over it. How does a thing like that come up anyway?

Nothing like arbitrary sex negativity. How many movies that I enjoy am I allowed to see?

Mononoke

Banned
Women like, and engage in casual sex, big shocker. Gender does not matter here. Only time it's a legitimate concern is if your partner was reckless and had a lot of unprotected sex. If that is his concern and he's uncomfortable sleeping with someone who's sex history he doesn't know, they should get tested and cleared for STDS.

Salmonax

If he's concerned about health, they should go to get tested together. That's smart for both of them regardless. But my thinking is that it's better to be with someone who's had a decent amount of experience to minimize the whole "grass is greener" wanderlust.

Mainly it sounds like he's just insecure about his own prowess/anatomy/etc. Dumping her won't solve that.

However many he would consider "too much" for a guy.

I remember one idiotic poster saying that it was different because women somehow get loose if they sleep with too many guys, as if 500 fucks from 500 different men is somehow worse than 500 fucks from 1 man.

Derwind

Some people can deal with their partner having a extensive past life, some can't...

If its hard for him to disconnect her past relationships before him from his relationship with her now, I'd actually suggest he gets out quick.

Yes, yes, I know, breakup isn't the best solution but I'm just thinking pragmatically, he only invested a few months, if he's thinking about leaving, this is probably the best time(if there is a good time) in his relationship to just move on.

Personally, I don't have the same hangup but hey whatever, to each his own.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
no such thing. dudes need to get over themselves if they care about that shit.

all people need to get over their own hang ups about sex. stop being a bunch of morons.

However many he would consider "too much" for a guy.

I remember one idiotic poster saying that it was different because women somehow get loose if they sleep with too many guys, as if 500 fucks from 500 different men is somehow worse than 500 fucks from 1 man.

It's science!

JohnDoe

Banned
Everytime a girl fucks a guy, a guy gets laid. A moral code that dictates girls should have less sexual partners than men is mathematically not possible.
So it's the same "number" for both genders (none).

No number. It's the reason behind the number that's important. Would date a girl with a large number if she's a rational responsible girl with a healthy sexdrive. Would hate to date a girl who has sex because of issues.

As long as the STD test comes in clean....who gives a shit?

You do realize that a girl in a single relationship for 5 years probably had sex more time than a girl who was with 20 guys in 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom