• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many sexual partners for girls is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coconut

Banned
Guys, guys, I got this:

Vaginas are pedestals, cocks are trophies.
If you try to put too many trophies on a pedestal, they won't fit and the pedestal will function inadequately as a trophy holder.

But some trophies are into that. I saw a video once where a pedestal had like 4 trophies on it.

Adam Blue

This thread needs a bunker buster dropped right on top of it. Really sad that people have such hang ups when it comes to their potential partner's past. I guess most would rather dwell on the past, than be in the moment with someone that cares for them.

:|

After being in a few serious relationships that have ended bad, the past definitely will tell you about how a person will be. Sure, I said eff it, that's their past - but NO.

Having many partners has some ties with psychology and can give you hints at behavioral patterns.

And my manly instincts do not like many.

Coconut

Banned
After being in a few serious relationships that have ended bad, the past definitely will tell you about how a person will be. Sure, I said eff it, that's their past - but NO.

Having many partners has some ties with psychology and can give you hints at behavioral patterns.

And my manly instincts do not like many.

Have you considered that maybe you are just a shitty judge of character regardless of a person past sexual exploits?

"Standards" are just people's way or trying to think they are better than everyone else. In the end we are all merely depraved animals. So get off the high horse and enjoy life.
Then sleeping in your own feces and spending your days shooting up must be just as good as a life dedicated to finding a cure for severe illness; after all, "we are all merely depraved animals".

Hey guys, you wouldn't wipe your ass with used toilet paper, right? Same thing.

And before anyone gets offended, please keep in mind that the guy in this scenario is the ass so it's totally equal.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yeah, he sure showed me. Falling back on saying I'm insecure repeatedly and that I have poor reading comprehenison. All the while, ignoring the fact that his explanation of what he posted was totally different than the comment he originally made. Golf clap.................

Point stands, not pursuing girls you don't find attractive or interesting does not lower your maturity. But if all your in to is the number of people you've slept with then I suppose you should "expand your horizons" by not limiting yourself to girls you find interesting or attractive.

But I guess I wouldn't know about that being so insecure and all......................

You both made great points imo. No need for any hostility good sir.

Coconut

Banned
Hey guys, you wouldn't wipe your ass with used toilet paper, right? Same thing.

And before anyone gets offended, please keep in mind that the guy in this scenario is the ass so it's totally equal.

This needs to be quoted you just posted the funniest thing I've ever read on NeoGAF.

Fonz72

You both made great points imo. No need for any hostility good sir.

=) He did a good job getting me riled up. I just don't like when people make posts personal. I think I may have been trolled a bit. It's all good though, It's Friday!

Besides, being married and with the same person for 14 years, gives me a skewed perspective on the single party life.

Please post your source for these made up facts.

He already did.

He also failed to qualify what makes a divorce bad, who initiated the divorce and for what reasons.

Staying in a marriage doesn't automatically make it healthy.

Either way it doesn't really matter since people cheat even without a history of promiscuity.

Pau

Which is not unfounded, given scientific research correlating both early and promiscuous sex with infidelity and higher divorce rates.
Except that the people less likely to have premarital sex are also the ones less likely to view divorce as an actual option. (See: religion.)

Coconut

Banned
He already did.

He also failed to qualify what makes a divorce bad, who initiated the divorce and for what reasons.

Either way it doesn't really matter since people cheat even without a history of promiscuity.

Ugh, I don't want to slog through the pages. I'll just take his word for it. My opinion has now changed.

the past definitely will tell you about how a person will be

Yup, everybody who ever had a serious relationship or two will think exactly that way. Sure, people can chance but I am also one of them that got burned and I learned my lessons. Ignoring everything from the past of your partner and thinking: "Now s/he is with me and a totally different human being" is just immature.

Yup, everybody who ever had a serious relationship or two will think exactly that way. Sure, people can chance but I am also one of them that got burned and I learned my lessons. Ignoring everything from the past of your partner and thinking: "Now s/he is with me and a totally different human being" is just immature.

Or you're just crap at picking people.

He already did.

I didn't fail to qualify what makes a divorce bad, because there was no need to; what I said from the beginning is that the expectation that promiscuous women are more likely to get a divorce and less likely to be loyal is corroborated by scientific findings, and that those are features - which is demonstrated by a large number of posts in this thread - that people may connect with that sort of sexual behavior and that they don't want a partner to have. So statistically, it's a sound approach to say "too promiscuous, not gonna take that gamble". And that "case by case" thing you mention whenever statistics are brought up in this thread is intellectually dishonest; with that, you can throw any science that isn't math out of the window and say "well yeah but it doesn't apply to me". The results tell us that those worries people have about promiscuous women (and I specifically say women exclusively because I didn't look up research done with regard to men, not because I think - which isn't the case - that something very different applies for men) are corroborated, even if they may not be the result of research.

Except that the people less likely to have premarital sex are also the ones less likely to view divorce as an actual option. (See: religion.)
See, that these findings are specific to religious people and don't apply to non-religious people is something you would have to prove.

I didn't fail to qualify what makes a divorce bad, because there was no need to; what I said from the beginning is that the expectation that promiscuous women are more likely to get a divorce and less likely to be loyal is corroborated by scientific findings, and that those are features - which is demonstrated by a large number of posts in this thread - that people may connect with that sort of sexual behavior and that they don't want a partner to have those features. So statistically, it's a sound approach to say "too promiscuous, not gonna take that gamble". And that "case by case" thing you mention whenever statistics are brought up in this thread is intellectually dishonest; with that, you can throw any science that isn't math out of the window and say "well yeah but it doesn't apply to me". The results tell us that those worries people have about promiscuous women (and I specifically say women exclusively because I didn't look up research done with regard to men, not because I think - which isn't the case - that something very different applies for men) are corroborated, even if they may not be the result of research.

I'm not getting in this dance again. Just lol at you for going about life as some sort of stat game where you can feel justified in your life's personal decisions and pre-judgment of folks based on what some paper tells you.

I'm not getting in this dance again. Just lol at you for going about life as some sort of stat game where you can feel justified in your life's personal decisions and pre-judgment of folks based on what some paper tells you.
Making fun of me for actually looking into the facts instead of going by whatever preformed notions I might have, that's taking the cake. readLeader laughs and laughs and laughs.

Coconut

Banned
Change about what?

If you judge people by stats rather than individuals then everyone comes out looking like an asshole really.

All of it. 1 dick, 30 dicks, 10 million dicks, or even half a dick. If it isn't my dick inside the women she's probably going to bad divorce me, and cheat on me. I giving up on judging people on a case by case basis and am now just going based on blanket assumption, in regards to relationship sex partner people.

Making fun of me for actually looking into the facts instead of going by whatever preformed notions I might have, that's taking the cake. readLeader laughs and laughs and laughs.
Just trust us on how we think about you. We're looking at the facts on you as written out by you, and we've precisely judged you on it.

Pau

See, that these findings are specific to religious people and don't apply to non-religious people is something you would have to prove.
Well, in statistics you're always looking for reasons that your study might be flawed and you don't just give it the benefit of the doubt. So the original study would have to take into account such a cultural context before blindly stating: "Prior promiscuity results in higher divorce rates across populations" because that wasn't controlled for. At least in none of the actual research I have seen. The study proves that a correlation between prior promiscuity and higher divorce rates exists, not why.

There's a solid difference between looking into facts and using stats as some sort of basis for your insecurities about getting to know people and possibly having relationships with them.

If a woman/man has many partners before you and you enter a relationship, only to find that he/she eventually cheats/chooses not to be with you anymore, isn't that more a hint that you were not satisfying enough? both mentally and physically? I guess more to the point, they like sex and want lots of it, and they want it to be good. Liking sex doesn't mean they like having sex with anyone they can get their hands on.

I don't see the connection where it means that they suck and you did nothing wrong and your poor heart was broked. Sure, there are better and worse ways to handle things, but if you can't keep up, are you expecting them to just deal with your shortcomings?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
=) He did a good job getting me riled up. I just don't like when people make posts personal. I think I may have been trolled a bit. It's all good though, It's Friday!

Besides, being married and with the same person for 14 years, gives me a skewed perspective on the single party life.

Im sure it does. Can's a good peoples. I know it wasnt his intention to get a rise out of you. Fourteen years? Good work!

There's a solid difference between looking into facts and using stats as some sort of basis for your insecurities about getting to know people and possibly having relationships with them.
I have to wonder, is it possible for someone to incorporate those findings into their life without you calling them names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom