• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many times a day do you shower?

How many times a day do you shower?

Votes: 81 58.7%

Votes: 19 13.8%
  • lol @ showering every day

Votes: 38 27.5%

• Total voters

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I was talking to some Brazilian chicks about cultural differences and they were saying that they found it gross when they meet people who don't shower twice a day. Obviously I lied and said I also shower twice a day, but surely once a day is enough? What say you

Skyr

Once at home in the morning. On days I workout I shower a second time in the gym.
I also turbo my asshole after I take a shit at home.

Maybe it gets hot and humid as fuck all the time in Brazil. When it's like that here ill shower twice a day. But that's like I'm talking 90 F and 100% humidity.

Otherwise once a day at night. Shit makes me feel too clean and sleepy if I shower during the day.

Shower once at night. Wake up dry with that body. And get to it until you build up that warrant for another shower before bed. BEAUTIFUL system.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Once every second day, with a matching cycle for sports (so I end up showering always when I did sports). On particularly hot days or after additional physical activity I deviate by taking additional showers. Showering twice a day is excessive and to my best knowledge is not a healthy choice.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Once at home in the morning. On days I workout I shower a second time in the gym.
I also turbo my asshole after I take a shit at home.
You just reminded me of one of my pet hates: having to do a shit just after I finished my shower. I could have cleaned that dirty arse properly if it'd come out like 15 mins earlier

Papa

Banned
You just reminded me of one of my pet hates: having to do a shit just after I finished my shower. I could have cleaned that dirty arse properly if it'd come out like 15 mins earlier

Just shit in the shower

Lanrutcon

Hold up. For the people who only shower once (you goddamn barbarians): does the mean you're dirty all day, or all night?

I shower before work and in the evenings. I can't wake up without my morning shower, and the evening one is just for cleanliness.

Papa

Banned
images

Hold up. For the people who only shower once (you goddamn barbarians): does the mean you're dirty all day, or all night?

I shower before work and in the evenings. I can't wake up without my morning shower, and the evening one is just for cleanliness.
Excuse me. I wake up refreshed from my nightly showers and go about my day. Whether I shower in the morning or not I will be worked by the end of the day anyway. So the system gets refreshed nightly before bed. Coffee and breakfast does the waking up.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Excuse me. I wake up refreshed from my nightly showers and go about my day. Whether I shower in the morning or not I will be worked by the end of the day anyway. So the system gets refreshed nightly before bed. Coffee and breakfast does the waking up.

Gross.

I work in an office. You notice the people who don't shower in the mornings. You shun and pity them, as is appropriate in civilised society. Once a year we lure them to the forgotten parking lot behind the building, and sacrifice them to the productivity god (which may or may not be an abandoned printer).

TTOOLL

I was talking to some Brazilian chicks about cultural differences and they were saying that they found it gross when they meet people who don't shower twice a day. Obviously I lied and said I also shower twice a day, but surely once a day is enough? What say you

That's because it's FUCKING HOT here all day long. I've been showering about 4 times a day for the past couple of months.

Wake up > shower
As many times as needed throughout the day.
Before bed > shower

Edit: Obviously these are very quick showers, just to rinse the sweat out of your body.
Edit 2: It also helps that electricity is pretty expensive here (as everything else) so most places have no air conditioning so you just shower whenever you can.

Last edited:

JimboJones

The only time I showered maybe more than once a day was when I was working in a fast food place and I would stink of grease after my shift. It did basically destroy my skin, especially my hands which had to be washed multiple times a day due to food hygiene.

Last edited:
Gross.

I work in an office. You notice the people who don't shower in the mornings. You shun and pity them, as is appropriate in civilised society. Once a year we lure them to the forgotten parking lot behind the building, and sacrifice them to the productivity god (which may or may not be an abandoned printer).
If you shower at night and wake up smelly then there lies an exceptional case as that is highly unusual as a motherfucker. There should be no noticable bodily odor unless the person went to bed after consuming an onion and garlic smoothie.

Greedings

I shower in the mornings. Once a day, but on Sundays I don’t usually bother unless I’m going out.

For me it’s not smell, it’s my hair. I have those dago genes which make my hair super ducking greasy.

Lanrutcon

If you shower at night and wake up smelly then there lies an exceptional case as that is highly unusual as a motherfucker. There should be no noticable bodily odor unless the person went to bed after consuming an onion and garlic smoothie.

That's weird. I live in a very warm part of the world. You sweat like a mother at night, and you wake up feeling dirty. I guess you live somewhere with a more even climate? Perhaps you have AC in your place?

That's weird. I live in a very warm part of the world. You sweat like a mother at night, and you wake up feeling dirty. I guess you live somewhere with a more even climate? Perhaps you have AC in your place?
AH. We have come to an understanding. How beautiful is that. This sucks. I wanted to be right. Fucking weather differences. It's summer in Australia. Winter in new york. Funny world we live in.

YayNJ

Banned
Every morning. Nobody wants to be the smelly fucker at work. I'll shower in the late afternoon on a weekend too before I go out.

Throw in a nice long bath on a sunday too.

lock2k

Banned

I'm Brazilian and I shower twice a day, but not everyone does that. lol

I shower when I wake up and when I get home or after going to the gym at night.

MilkyJoe

Depends on the season.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I shower in the mornings. Once a day, but on Sundays I don’t usually bother unless I’m going out.

For me it’s not smell, it’s my hair. I have those dago genes which make my hair super ducking greasy.

Same here. Summertime is the worst for me. That's why I just cut my hair off, no reason to give myself a hard time.

JimiNutz

Banned
It depends entirely on my level of activity and the temperature. When I work out a lot I'll shower first thing in the morning, again straight after my workout and then also have a bath late at night to unwind and relax my muscles.

If it's the dead of winter and I haven't worked out at all I may skip a shower altogether.

DKehoe

Once a day. If I’m being super fucking lazy and not going out I’ll maybe not bother but I’d feel like shit if I had to go out without having showered first.

when i travel in SEA, i shower like 5 times a day just as a cooling effect.

at home, i havent showered since, i dont know, 2018?

elCT

Neo Member
Speaking about Brazil, it's probably understandable since it's hot and wet, right? You too would probably feel gross. When I go to the sea on vacation I also shower twice or even three times a day.

Shifty

Once when I wake up, then one when I'm done with work and ready to begin the evening.

Can't be feeling grotty while I'm trying to relax, and a shower is a nice way to refresh and bookend the workday.

Ellis

I'm a decorator so twice a day. I could skip the morning one, but that is when I take a dump and I refuse to leave the house without a clean arse.

Last edited:
Obviously I lied and said I also shower twice a day
Hah!

Once a day if I'm not doing anything/haven't done anything. I take an additional shower for the following, there is more, this is off the cuff.

Gym, date, sex, strenuous work day, working on something (ie vehicle), night out (ie club), formal event. It is good to be clean.

Top Bottom