• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many times a day do you shower?

How many times a day do you shower?

Votes: 81 58.7%

Votes: 19 13.8%
  • lol @ showering every day

Votes: 38 27.5%

• Total voters
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You don't need to shower more than once a day unless you work outside or work out
Or don't have AC
You are simply not ready to bathe in the magnificence which is the japanese style bidet seat. With different temperature and pressure settings, heating and cooling of the seat itself, and different sounds to play as a bonus. After using these for a while, going back to toilet paper feels like scrubbing my ass against a tree in the woods.
Is it gay to like water going up your ass? Legit question.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It's typically lower higher pressure than a regular shower hose. If you find taking a shower is gay I guess a bidet is gay as well, yes.
But the shower's water comes from the top not water pressure directed at my asshole. But now I'm wondering how clean you'd be if its not enough pressure and how wet your ass would be afterwards. Or how would they even work in "public" restrooms.

Makariel

But the shower's water comes from the top not water pressure directed at my asshole. But now I'm wondering how clean you'd be if its not enough pressure and how wet your ass would be afterwards. Or how would they even work in "public" restrooms.
They are quite common sight in public restrooms in Japan. I've seen them in various train stations, shopping malls, etc. It just works. What helps most when cleaning is not the pressure, it's that water is an excellent solvent for shit, especially if you use it at slightly higher temperatures. Simply put: warm water > dry paper.

You don't need this:
giphy.gif

Just a gentle stream of warm water and some warm air to dry. If you're old fashioned you can use paper to dry instead of hot air, of course.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Wait so people in japan sit on public restrooms? Are they not afraid of catching something? Interesting.

mcz117chief

I always wondered, how do people that only shower in the morning not feel gross going into bed with all the dirt and germs they accumulated during the day. Do you change your sheets every single day?

Kamina

Golden Boy
yeah but you got all the dust and dirt all over your body from being outside. all over your hair and hands and feet.
People walk out completely clothed mostly, only face and hands are exposed, unlss its summer, and those you can wash easiely.
And what dirt are you talking about? Not everyone works at a contruction site?

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Once in the morning, once before bed in the winter. Once after the gym on gym days.

Once after work too in the summer.

I probably use too much water now that I think about it. I think Ill cut down.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

I reckon you don't go much camping?

I love camping, not doing it as much as I want since the people I know don't like it and camping alone is just asking for trouble. But regarding to the question at hand, I don't camp at my home or in my bed. Also, the wild is much cleaner than cities.

People walk out completely clothed mostly, only face and hands are exposed, unlss its summer, and those you can wash easiely.
And what dirt are you talking about? Not everyone works at a contruction site?

Well I don't know where you live but most modern cities have a ton of pollution in the air, from cars, factories, chimneys, etc. All that stuff sticks to your skin and then you rub it all over your bed, unless you sleep in a space suit. Don't you at least wash your feet before going to bed? Don't tell me your feet don't smell after being in shoes for 10 hours or more.

I shower once a day, unless you're doing something that makes you real dirty or sweaty I don't see the point in showering more than once a day.

I definitely think one should shower every day though.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Well I don't know where you live but most modern cities have a ton of pollution in the air, from cars, factories, chimneys, etc. All that stuff sticks to your skin and then you rub it all over your bed, unless you sleep in a space suit. Don't you at least wash your feet before going to bed? Don't tell me your feet don't smell after being in shoes for 10 hours or more.
Where I live we have near to no pollution. I live on the countryside and work in medium sized city which i reach by car.
Yes if i had a long day i may want to wash my feet when i come home.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Twice. Once before going to work. Another when I get home before I make dinner.

For all you guys showering once a day...... even in the hot summer? Yikes.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Twice on weekdays - in the morning, and after gym. My wife showers before bed, which is tempting too.

Now it’s 6AM in London, just landed from Singapore so I will have a sweet relaxing shower and head to bed as soon as I’m home.

hecatomb

Banned
Once a day, since I'm in doors all day. Only time I go outside is to get food, or water my garden. I also don't even really sweat, its been around 110-120 here and I still don't sweat.

Last edited:

r0s3f4m

Neo Member
Shower at least once a day, once in awhile I will shower twice a day if it has been a long day or depending on what I've done that day.

Breakage

I heard in Japan family members share the same bath water. That's just groce (even if they have a pre-wash before getting into the tub).

Last edited:
Once a day would only work if it's after you wake up and you do nothing during the day that would make you sweat or go anywhere that would put a small on you like in front of smokers, a construction site, etc.

Otherwise you may need to do it twice.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Once a day, since I'm in doors all day. Only time I go outside is to get food, or water my garden. I also don't even really sweat, its been around 110-120 here and I still don't sweat.
You probably live in an area with low humidity.

A hot 30 celcius day in Toronto (about 90 farenheit) can leave us dripping. Then the times I go to Vegas, it's techincally hotter at around 100 farenheit and I barely feel anything or sweat at all.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Most women I've met don't shower every day, but hey, maybe that's not the norm.

Edit: Maybe I should add that I live in scandinavia where it's only hot for like two months a year, the rest is either cold as fuck or chilly.
You just ruined my Scandinavian chick fetish. Thankyouverymuch :(

Makariel

Edit: Maybe I should add that I live in scandinavia where it's only hot for like two months a year, the rest is either cold as fuck or chilly.
An ex-girlfriend of mine is from scandinavia, she did shower every day and was thinking I'm super weird and gross for occasionally skipping shower in the weekend.

Melubas

You just ruined my Scandinavian chick fetish. Thankyouverymuch :(
An ex-girlfriend of mine is from scandinavia, she did shower every day and was thinking I'm super weird and gross for occasionally skipping shower in the weekend.

Haha. I will look into this further to see if I've just been misinformed or if my statement holds some truth. It's not like it's a subject I've asked people directly about ^^

Top Bottom