• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Medical ‘Chickenpox Parties’ Could Turn The Tide Of The Wuhan Virus

Is this a good idea

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Fuck no

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

cryptoadam

Banned
I’m not a big believer in the herd immunity route

again, I understand the logic, but just personally I’ll take my chances playing MLB The Show and ARPGs in my basement for the next 9 months.

Sorry been confirmed PS4 players are at higher risk for Corona Chan than XBOX players.

I grieve for your loss already.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The mass immunity argument is flawed when we don't even have the first vaccine.
Infecting millions of people with the virus will give it the best opportunity to mutate. A mutation could turn the tides in favor of the virus, since everything we know about it atm is potentially reset, and we might need one more vaccine.
Right now, the containment is working guys. Soon a few states and cities where there is a negligible infection rate will be out of lockdown.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned

again, I understand the logic, but just personally I’ll take my chances playing MLB The Show and ARPGs in my basement for the next 9 months.

Your basement? Generally basement-dwellers don’t own the house.

I think this is a good idea in principal, if the govt asked for volunteers.

For example, I live alone, nowhere near old people and my parents live a ways away, so they're In no danger of catching it from me. I would be willing to catch corona and act as a 'super-citizen' to keep emergency services etc running.

We should have a group of people that are immune to it, so we can fall back on these people if shit really hits the fan.

G-Bus

Banned
Sounds like a good idea until someone starts talking about mutations and then I'm not sure anymore.

I'd like this to be over before summer so everyone just chill the fuck out for the next month.

DESTROYA

then who was phone

ELTvCjK.jpg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

There is no logic. Herd immunity means that most people have antibodies to the disease so that the few who are most at risk are unlikely to contact someone with the infection. It doesn't mean making most people contagious so that those at risk are almost guaranteed to come into contact with the infection.
And parents having chicken pox parties or whatever are just being lazy and want to get it over with on their schedule, it's nothing to do with herd immunity.

Living like an indoor cuck isn't the way to live. That's not life man.
Personally, I'd rather die then live in isolation more then 30 days or live in that technocratic version of society. There was this one video of chinese people in Wuhan, there's cops everywhere taking your temperature and shit like that. If the bat eaters wanna live like that, they should, the rest of the civilized world I'm guessing would never agree to this Commie shit.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I would be in favor of it IF we were able to be able to effectively treat severe cases. We are not able to do that right now. There are now cases of teenagers and healthy young to mid age adults dying.

You're playing Russian Roulette right now if you do this. Don't know about you, but that's fucking stupid.

Edit:
Everybody assumes it won't be them or their family, but someone else.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
I had a cough and a bit of a fever s little more than a month ago. I just tell myself I’m immune to it now just to feel better.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Seems like a losing mindset process don't let something like intentionally getting infected fool you.

Top Bottom