• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much credit card debt do you guys have right now?

Skyfox

If you can’t keep it at 0 you should destroy it.

nUgXtyE.jpg

Last edited:

ChuyMasta

-$200 on Wellsfargo
-$150 on Chase saphire (preffered?) I dont recall or maybe capital one
-$150 on Capital one

Those sign up bonuses are neat! Though now I gotta do monthly homework to meet minimum requirements including transactions

Other than that, yeah on average 3k a month total among all cards, I just pay it all off every term.

Too much, especially since I just financed a bunch of house stuff via Synchrony Bank which is classified as a "credit card" even though it's low interest, fixed payment repayment (It wasn't optional house stuff, hooray plumbing nightmares)

Well, zero, but I have a balance of like 7k across 4 cards that will all be paid off before I get charged any interest.

$0 accruing interest. Everything gets paid off automatically.

I've only got about $25,000 in debt now, between land and car loans. The former is at 3.9% (great rate), and the latter is at 1.8% (basically cash), so almost everything goes to principle. I'm mostly paying myself now.

Al Abaster

I don't carry debt on my credit card. It's just a convenience for larger purchases and game subscriptions, and I pay off the full balance every month. I have no debt in my life at all, actually, with the exception of my mortgage. That will be paid in full in three more years. This will be the second house I owned outright.

Debt is evil. The key to a happy life is living below your means, not beyond them. If you can't pay cash for it, you can't afford it.

Last edited:

Nester99

$0.
if you carry a balance, try and get a line of credit to dump the balance on for lower rates. Be careful of seing a balance free CC as an excuse to spend more.

If you cant pay your CC off every month, you are doing it wrong.

Maybe around $200. Buy groceries and gas with it and pay it all off when the bill's due. If you've racked up some debt you're doing it wrong. I've met too many dummies that get credit cards and think "FREE MONEY" now they're fucked...
edit
If you can't buy whatever you're looking to get with that credit card right now, cash. Don't use it.

Last edited:

kingbean

Probably around $14,000.

I did a lot of big purchases to set my house up how I wanted it and I've just been slowly paying it off as I go.

Luckily I make decent money and don't struggle with it.

Drake

Eh, like 800 bucks. I pay for everything with it though and pay it off at the end of every month.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
We had to buy a new TV when we moved, but it's almost paid off. Less than $500 though.

jadedm17

About $8000, up from $5000 ive worked it down to - Around $15000 a few years ago.

Left my job and im making almost nothing right now so im struggling. Hopefully October will be better - job interview for new place tomorrow - but September is gonna be rough.

bitbydeath

I use mine to offset my mortgage so it gets paid off at the end of each month.

The only real debt I have is the home loan.

zelo-ca

That's kind of dumb advice for almost everyone outside of big cities with plentiful public transit.

You have to have a car (or transportation), phone, and internet access to get anywhere in the world.

The photo lacks context. He is saying sell your car if it is too expensive for your income. If you make 40k a year and have a 20k car he would tell you to sell your car and get a cheaper one.

Last edited:

Dark Star

I pay off my credit card ASAP, like the moment I have access to the billing statement for the month.

so... $0 and no debt whatsoever. If I can't afford it, don't have the cash on hand, I don't buy it, and I definitly don't use my credit card unless I'm actively trying to build my credit score

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I pay mine bi-weekly. I just paid again, so I am at $0, but it can grow up to a few thousand.

I wouldn't say CC's are a net negative. Building credit is one of the most important factors taken into account in your credit score, which enables you to access loans that allow you to buy a house or start a business. It is absolutely important to pay your CC debt ASAP, but completely denying the use of them is a bit short-sighted.

Guiberu

Mother of my child has been fucking me the past few years. Went from having a few thousand in savings, to now being £7k in debt.

Hate it. Probably one of the most emotionally damaging things in my life at the moment.

Always pushing forward though.

Susurrus

I use my Sapphire Reserve and Freedom for just about everything I buy, but pay it off every paycheck (2x month). Collect the points and don't pay any interest.

Bought airline tickets from Washington DC to Seattle round trip, and Seattle to Honolulu round trip for a family of 3 + lap baby and used only points, so I'd say worth it.

About 2000. I paid off a big medical bill on a 12 month interests free card. I pay off 500 a month so I'm almost done, just in time lol.

The only debt I'm worried about is my student loans with 25k left to go.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Every purchase is worth it and debt can really add up, personally I have zero debt, to answer the OP’s question.

Top Bottom