• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much do you pay to get your hair cut and where?

Today i went to a random Supercuts and they fucked up my hair. The feeling of not getting your hair cut the way you want is aggravating. I used to pay $40 around ten years ago, and even then, it wasn't 100% satisfactory. The person I used to go, left town due to COVID. How much do you pay for a hair cut and where do you go?

My friend is a stylist, so I go to her.

find a good local barber shop, get a regular barber there, tip well, and never look back.

stop going to Supercuts.

Last edited:
0$ and at my place

I'm bald

200.gif

Vagswarm

Just got mine done at the barbershop for $20. Was a pretty standard short cut which is what I always get. Came out great.

Blond

Banned
I go bald and it’s not a crazy ask to pay 20-25 for a low cut and professional shave that won’t take chunks out your skin.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I’ve gone to the same older Korean woman the whole time I’ve been in the area (9+ years). She’s better than everyone who’s cut my hair, only 1 or 2 people I’ve ever been to come near her. When I first started going, $14. Today it’s up to $17. I always make sure to tip her well.

Expensive places are not worth it for a simple men’s cut IMO. Unless you have some glorious locks to maintain.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Today i went to a random Supercuts and they fucked up my hair. The feeling of not getting your hair cut the way you want is aggravating. I used to pay $40 around ten years ago, and even then, it wasn't 100% satisfactory. The person I used to go, left town due to COVID. How much do you pay for a hair cut and where do you go?

Turkish barber.

Hair - 16 euro
Beard - 7 euro

nkarafo

10 euros for a simple short haircut in most places in Greece.

Women with fancy long hair pay more obviously.

INC

£15 hair and beard

Sometimes I get threading done on my beard and generally tidy up my eyebrows

Ownage

Japanese stylists are the best I've ever seen. Like Lexus engineer craftspersons, but for hair.

last time i visited a shop to get my hair cut was probably about 20+ years ago. my dad would always take me down to get a short back and sides. think it cost like £5-7.

last time i paid someone (a friend) to cut/bleach my hair was probably about 2006-2007. can't remember much i paid them. there was a bunch of us at their house and we all got our hair dyed (different colours) at the same time. i ended up with pure white hair cause i was a stupid little emo kid who wanted to look like gerard way during the black parade era :messenger_tears_of_joy:

shortly after that my hair started disappearing probably cause of all the dye + bleach. since then i've just shaved my hair myself. it takes like 5 minutes and cost nothing. don't see any reason to pay someone to do it.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
18€. My barber’s been cutting my hair for close to 30 years. In all this time, I think there were no more than 3 times when someone else gave me a haircut.

Quasicat

I went to GreatClips when we first moved into our house 20 years ago. The lady pulled out a pair of trimmers and the number 3 clip, ran it over my head and charged me $30. I remember thinking it didn’t look bad, but paying $30 for literally 2 minutes of work was ridiculous. I went straight next door to Walmart and bought a Wahl trimmer set for $40 and have used it ever since. It’s really easy and takes me like 10 minutes to get everything the way I like it.

Tschumi

My latest haircut was at a place in Japan that was a bit weird

$10 for 10 minutes' haircut, they don't give you styles - they simply 'rewind' the haircut you walk in with - and they don't use water... they vacuum you after the cut...

was pretty funky, the haircut is basic but sharp

I mentioned needing a haircut to a sharemate (who I'd been told did free haircuts for another one of the people in this temporary share house i'm staying at) and she told me to make an appointment at her haridresser lol

dead wink martindale GIF

£30 every two weeks
oo lah lah

Last edited:

Dark Star

I usually find coupon codes online from Great Clips. like 9.99 for an OK haircut.

since COVID I've been wanting to just let my hair grow long and not go into hair salons for a while

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
25 and up to some asian couple they seem a bit racist but the lady sure does give a mean haircut

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Same hair dresser since I was about 4 years old. Kinda pricey at 23€ but so worth it seeing they know me which enables me to undergo said scenario in silence.

My last visit was over a year ago tho, been growing out my hair for the second time in my life. High maintenance for sure

Susurrus

A barber school. They're students, so they're getting their hours and doing their best to make sure they get it right and graduate. Though I haven't had the issue yet, if they do fuck it up, I have a pretty basic short haircut that grows back in 2-3 weeks so no big deal.

Their prices is "$3 + $3 required tip" but I just toss them a $10.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I bought an electric hair clipper/trimmer a few years ago, and haven't been to a hairdresser since. I must say I'm pretty good with it.

Jeeves

Local barber. My cut's just a simple clipper job, he charges $16 and I always give him $20. He's up to talk about any topic you throw at him, but he'll also just let me get my hair cut in silence. It's pretty nice.

I know the feeling op. I hate my hair short and feel miserable when the barber cuts it too short/fade. I hate fades. I had a barber recently who did a fantastic job and gave me exactly what I was looking for but he left and have no idea how/where to find him, so I’m scrambling for another barber.

bit_blaster

Neo Member
before lockdown i went to a local barber and spent 20, now my gf cuts mine for free since she was a stylist and apparently knows "my look" better than I do

SliChillax

Local barber in Albania, paying like 8 euros for a trim hair and beard also tip included. When I went to Italy to get a shitty haircut I was shocked when the barber asked 35 euros

A few different places.

I'm 42 and stick to the same Zero clipper sized fade with long in the front spiked up.

1. Sportsclips -MVP program. $25 +tip == hair cut and mvp treatment which consists of Shoulder massage, Hot towel on the face and head, neck nad face massage in a massage chair. You leave with a new haircut and feeling great :)

2. My cousin when she is available, - does it for free and makes sure its amazing.

3. Barber - Gary $18 + tip. used to go to him for years but I don't live in that town anymore. he did a great cold gel straight razor on the back of the neck.

Timeframe - 4-6 weeks, or whenever my sides start coming in thick.

GeekyDad

I go to the kitchen. I pay nothing. But it's a crapshoot. Sometimes my wife does great, but if she's distracted by other things, not so much...

Top Bottom