• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much profit do Exclusive games make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Just like the title says, do we have any data on how much profit exclusive games make? We often here about how many copies a game has sold, but this data is getting less and less available.

How much does the studio make, how much do they pay their staff...what is the overall profit for the developer and ultimately the platform holder.

It would be great if people could share some budgets for titles with sales and profits for some big titles.

What say you Gaf, let's go!

Should be interesting for those that care about profits.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Yeah, thanks man...it seems to be really quiet...its like people don't care about profit for actual games...

...weird.

This tends to get discussed in sales threads and in threads where sales milestones for games get announced.

I'm not sure what your aim is with this thread but based on the tone of that reply I have an idea.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This tends to get discussed in sales threads and in threads where sales milestones for games get announced.

I'm not sure what your aim is with this thread but based on the tone of that reply I have an idea.

I was interested on how much profit games make. A good idea on a varied amount of different games would be cool.

What's the profit on a game like Mario kart or animal crossing, plus titles like last of us 2, horizon and gears of war and forza horizon 4 or 5 etc.

Would be great for those who are really interested in profits to see what various different levels of successful games are.

Last edited:

jm89

You probably already know people won't have this information on a per title basis for alot of games, so why ask this absurd question?

GHG

Gold Member
I was interested on how much profit games make. A good idea on a varied amount of different games would be cool.

What's the profit on a game like Mario kart or animal crossing, plus titles like last of us 2, horizon and gears of war and forza horizon 4 or 5 etc.

Would be great for those who are really interested in profits to see what various different levels of successful games are.

Like I said, all of that stuff tends to get discussed on an ad-hoc basis in relevant sales threads. If you're going to start a thread like this it would make sense to coalate some relevant data, even if it's just stuff like sales numbers as a starting point.

P. S you're not doing a great job of fooling anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom