• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Much Time Do You Spend Playing Videogames?

How much time do you spend playing videogames?

• None

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 1 or 2 hrs/wk

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • 3 to 5 hrs/wk

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • 6 to 10 hrs/wk.

• 11 to 15 hrs/wk

• 16 to 20 hrs/wk

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • 21 to 25 hrs/wk

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • 26 to 30 hrs/wk

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • 31 to 40 hrs/wk

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Over 40 hrs/wk

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Humdinger

Just count actual game time, not forums, etc. I know it varies, and no one really keeps close track, but just take a guess at your current or recent weekly average.

As for me, it's probably 2 hrs/day x 7 or 14 hrs/wk. That's way up from my previous levels, which is probably because of two things: I'm retired now, so have plenty of free time, and I got a Switch and am hooked on BotW. Prior to that, I played hardly anything at all and was kind of in a gaming doldrum for many months, years even. So my average time has really shot up in the past couple months.

Anyhow, I'm just curious what other people's patterns are.

Moogle11

Banned
Probably 20-30 hours most weeks. Voted 21-25 as I’m probably in the lower part of the 20-30 range most weeks, but hit 30+ if I’m really into something, work isn’t crazy and the wife and I don’t have much planned.

Not having kids, having a pretty flexible work schedule and having a wife who works a lot more hours means a lot of hobby time.

Gandih42

Just count actual game time, not forums, etc. I know it varies, and no one really keeps close track, but just take a guess at your current or recent weekly average.

As for me, it's probably 2 hrs/day x 7 or 14 hrs/wk. That's way up from my previous levels, which is probably because of two things: I'm retired now, so have plenty of free time, and I got a Switch and am hooked on BotW. Prior to that, I played hardly anything at all and was kind of in a gaming doldrum for many months, years even. So my average time has really shot up in the past couple months.

Aw man I just finished BotW and it's DLCs a few weeks ago. Super fun game, took up all my gaming time of October.

Currently my gaming time is probably only 6-10 hours per week. Could even be down to 3-5 hours. Working out, learning French, and playing music is taking up most of my time outside of work.

But I still like to keep track of what's happening in the gaming sphere, especially with the launch of next-gen.

Hm when I add up my playtime over all games I´ve played 2020 so far divided by the days passed then I land on 3-5 hours/week.
In reality I pretty much play in bursts. When something comes out that I really want to play, then it can sometimes add up to ~10-15 hours on a single weekend, but 90% of the time I only play a round of LoL or so a week, if anything.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I can't sleep before 2am so the 2-3 hours before that are dedicated to gaming, not every day of course.
Something more on the weekend if i have a nice game on my hands.

Not having kids help i guess.

Jeeves

Voted 11 to 14 per week, but it can go way up if a game has me hooked. I was probably doing about 7 hours a day most days when I was subbed to FFXIV.

johntown

Banned
Most of the time 6-10 as I really only play on the weekends. If I am playing an RPG the time can go up significantly.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
About 30-minutes or an hour per week. I spend more time watching others play than what I do myself.
tenor.gif

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Lately? A hell of a lot. Here weare under quarantine, so if I'm not sleeping, eating, working on my job or in a project of mine, I'm gaming.

Normally 2 or 3 hours a day. There are exceptions tho, yesterday Yakuza 7 was released so I rolled one big joint and went through a 7 hours session. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

waylo

Banned
Probably 6-10. But it varies. Usually try to get an hour in a night, but it's hard with work sometimes. Then when buddies are on during the weekend I try to get 2-3 hours in on a Friday and Saturday night.

Not as much as in the past. I drop games pretty quickly these days, I don't have as much drive to play as I used to. So that's why I picked 3-5 hrs/week.

G-Bus

Banned
Not every night but a couple hours when the kid goes to bed.

When ghosts of tsushima came out I was sacrificing sleep to play more. Hard time putting that one down.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Really depends. I tend to not play anything if I have a really busy work week. Didn't work much the last 2 weeks so I've been playing a ton, but typically I'll only play on weekends. And that's been cut short too now that I have a baby girl. I just try and enjoy it as much as I can when I can.

lachesis

I don't play daily... it really depends on whether I play or not. A lot of weeks I go without playing a single game, but when I do, I tend to play maybe 2-3 hours a day.

so all in all - if I average out, I think it would come to 3-5 hours a week.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I'll go hard and play a few hours a day every day for a month or two and then get busy with work and not play at all for a few months.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Been working like crazy to pay for all this new gear so not much. So maybe 3-5 hours a week I want to say sometimes I don't get in anytime if I'm working all week, but it should be around 3-5 hours. Been stuck on RDR2 for so long now haha. Might turn it up since the new systems have arrived and I want to spend some quality time with them and actually, enjoy them. But yeah, 3-5 hours I guess. I'm fine with that.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

I’m lucky to be able to get in some time everyday. Sometimes I get too busy and I’ll go a few days without, or even a week or more. But I usually find an hour or two everyday or so.

About an hour a day on weekdays and maybe three hours a day at weekends. I really look forward to long plane and train trips, so I can stuck into the Switch.

It used to be longer, but in the evenings I've started to use Netflix more, and tend to play relaxing games after work. Anything involving reflexes I save for weekends.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
I am very lucky that I can maintain a 30-40 hour playtime per week while dedicating enough time to develop my career. At least for now.

Amiga

About 40h pr week if I'm into a game I want to play through. Zero hours for weeks or months if there isn't anything I'm interested in.

Dark Star

I don’t game everyday, maybe 3-5 days a week, but when I do (usually weekends) I game like 2 hours per sitting if it’s a linear action game, 4+ hours if I’m playing a long open world adventure game, so that ranges from anywhere between 6-20 hours per week lol. I clearly spend a lot more time talking about games on Neogaf than actually playing them haha.

Last edited:

InDaGulag

5-15 hours a week. It depends on how busy I am with my 2 jobs, and how much running or other leisure activities I get in a week.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Usually play when some good game to play is around, or never play a thing for more than a month. But it can be 40+ straight if something too addictive.

regawdless

Banned
Around 6h. Job, family, house, lots of other stuff to do. That's why I'm very picky regarding big open world rpgs, because it takes me a loooong time to complete them. Also, one gaming session is often not longer than 1.5hrs.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
About 3 hours, 5 hours tops a day. I cant play longer than that, this is why it takes me a long time to finish a game but thankfully I'm in no hurry to finish games as fast as possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom