• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much water do you drink a day?

How much water do you drink a day?

• I don't drink water

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Not nearly enough

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Just under the daily recommendation

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Just enough

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • More than enough

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • I'm sweet like you, TeezzyD, and I drink A LOT of water

Votes: 16 17.0%

• Total voters

KielCasto

Enough to make my piss colorless or have just a slight tint of yellow.

Drinking plenty of water seems to improve my mood and reduce my chance of getting a headache, so I bring a bottle of water with me.

Dural

You’re all wrong.

DJtwe7SV4AE8U_T.jpg

Kristy Swanson is sexy, she'd be in my top five.

GeorgPrime

Banned
3L per day as per hospital requirement. I drinked less before and it's a difference.

It helps your health a lot. You feel more fit, less sleepy, you can sleep better and other stuff.

But i cant drink 3 l each day. I start puking after one lol

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It helps your health a lot. You feel more fit, less sleepy, you can sleep better and other stuff.

But i cant drink 3 l each day. I start puking after one lol
You need to do it slowly...or well I never had an issue. But I had basically dead kidneys (they often shit the bed when liver fails), but they recovered, but they still don't work 100% so this is why I need bigger intake. And well it's really better, like skin and brain and stuff, it works. But hey maybe for you 1L is enough, it's definitely individual.

4-6 liters a day. Summer could go up to 10.
I mean, are you really that thirsty? Because this sort of thing could be sign of some issues in the body, diabetic people have such problems for example.

Last edited:

M1chl

M1chl M1chl

Its really not that much. I drink 2 to 3 gallons a day. 3 gallons would be 11.65 liters.
Hmm, that seems a shitton. I mean, I should ring hospital immediately, when I would have the thirst for even 4l. Do you started to drink that much suddenly or over time?

teezzy

Banned
Hmm, that seems a shitton. I mean, I should ring hospital immediately, when I would have the thirst for even 4l. Do you started to drink that much suddenly or over time?

Over time. I dont really drink anything else. Maybe some whole milk here and there. I just have a half gallon of water and fill it 4 to 6 times a day. I just love water lol

Dthomp

Unfortunately, I'm in the group that really doesn't drink water. It'll sound crazy, but I just don't enjoy it. I need flavor.

M1chl

Over time. I dont really drink anything else. Maybe some whole milk here and there. I just have a half gallon of water and fill it 4 to 6 times a day. I just love water lol
I also don't drink musch else, one or two cups of coffee (just black without anything else) per day. I am not sure how someone can drink sodas. It's over sugar you in seconds, it's unpleasant.

Kenpachii

You need to do it slowly...or well I never had an issue. But I had basically dead kidneys (they often shit the bed when liver fails), but they recovered, but they still don't work 100% so this is why I need bigger intake. And well it's really better, like skin and brain and stuff, it works. But hey maybe for you 1L is enough, it's definitely individual.

I mean, are you really that thirsty? Because this sort of thing could be sign of some issues in the body, diabetic people have such problems for example.

Not really its my junk food i just drink it away while i sit behind my PC. in the summer i train extreme amounts so yea 10l isn't abnormal, just on my bike i already consume like 6-7 and another 4 easily after it.

M1chl

Not really its my junk food i just drink it away while i sit behind my PC. in the summer i train extreme amounts so yea 10l isn't abnormal, just on my bike i already consume like 6-7 and another 4 easily after it.
Oh alright, so you are incredibly fit then. I also enjoy the drinking experience, before it was ethanol, now it's water. But I cannot imagine to drink at those amounts, maybe if I train a work out like a maniac, then probably yeah. When working out, I sweat shitton and also drink a lot, so I did not take that situation in account.

ManofOne

Plus Member
So I drank a bottled water today, turned out it wasn't bottled water but just vodka.

I take this as a literal sign from god.

There was a reason he turned water to wine.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Im all over the place but I know it's not nearly enough. I don't drink much else either so it's bad. I have to make a conscious effort all the time to drink because I never feel thirsty. Easy for me to go the whole day and only drink a litre or or two.

If I keep a water bottle on me a do a lot better but I always leave them at work and they go missing.

Gona go slam some water right now.

Jethalal

Banned
At least 2 cans worth in the form of Monster per day. (I don't do straight water except on occasion when nothing else is available)
Bro you should really drink pure water. My mom and sister didn't drink too much water and then they got some problems in their bones which exaggerated due to Vit. D deficiency too. Now they have to sit in the sun daily(and eat Vit D tablets) and drink water each hour. Keep yourself hydrated brother.

Last edited:

rykomatsu

Bro you should really drink pure water. My mom and sister didn't drink too much water and then they got some problems in their bones which exaggerated due to Vit. D deficiency too. Now they have to sit in the sun daily(and eat Vit D tablets) and drink water each hour. Keep yourself hydrated brother.
I don't like the taste of most water, Evian being the worst offender. I guess it's not so much water as it is the trace elements in it.

I'm usually fine running half marathons and doing Olympic length triathlons without water...I drink it more with electrolyte tabs, not really because I get thirsty.

teezzy

Banned
About 1l of coke and 500ml of water. How am I alive

I mean, a lot of stuff does have water in it - Coke included, but I'd work on that dude. I used to drink like a 2 Liter of Diet Pepsi every night. I don't miss my former self.

500ml is like a big sip at best. Take care of yourself. Get a water bottle with some sort of visible measurement on it and see how many times you can comfortably drink and refill that a day.

Godspeed

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I mean, a lot of stuff does have water in it - Coke included, but I'd work on that dude. I used to drink like a 2 Liter of Diet Pepsi every night. I don't miss my former self.

500ml is like a big sip at best. Take care of yourself. Get a water bottle with some sort of visible measurement on it and see how many times you can comfortably drink and refill that a day.

Godspeed
thanks. That's a good advice. I noticed that if I have bottled water near me, I WILL drink it. But if I have to go to kitchen or somewhere to get a drink, I will for sure get coke.
If I can switch to more water, tea and maybe chocolate milk in the evening (to replace coke sugar) ... that's a start

Myths

I refuse to drink anything other than water now days. On occasion, if I have a bowl of cereal then I guess Dairy Pure shelf milk if that counts. I’d say I’m around 2-3 liters a day depending on what sugar intake and the size of meals.

Top Bottom