• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Sony Learned to Cede Control to Marvel on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'

Slayven

what step of the thing is acceptance? i am there now

right!

maybe have Black Panther visit America for some reason in SMH3 and have it be a Kraven movie

this shit writes itself

Last time Kraven ran up on BP, the Avengers had to save him

841631-blackpanther07p22.jpg

Get the garbage out the way so they can do Toxin, Riot, Hybrid, and Scream

Lol Toxin. Now you're just name dropping.

My hot take is we will see the
black suit in infinity war

We are getting close to Cardiac on the silver screen

wooooow. You really do know your shit.

If we're dropping 90s characters, I think they should bring in the Rose. That way it can tie back to the netflix shows. Boom.

So basically Marvel told Sony to sit in the corner, while they actually plot things out.

I wish Marvel and Fox could come to a similar agreement with Fantastic Four

Fox won't give up the rights, so they don't want to make any deals, I'm afraid. Would be great though.

barit

I still can't wrap my head around how you can do a Venom movie without doing Black suit Spider-man first

The symbiote bonded so successfully with Eddie Brock because they both wanted revenge towards Spider-Man

Yeah very strange. Tony Stark could easily replace Reed Richards when it's time to get rid of the symbiont. They could even make a short scene in Infinity War where Spidey finds the black suit on an alien planet (speaking of fanservice cuz there will be no
Secret War
in this MCU). But that Venom movie is too soon as you say. Homecoming 2 should've dealt with the symbiont first.

Marvel probably told Sony "Look what a mess you made of the franchise, if you like money just let us make the movies and you can sit over there and collect bags of dosh" and Sony was like "OK"

Slayven

Lol Toxin. Now you're just name dropping.

My hot take is we will see the
black suit in infinity war

wooooow. You really do know your shit.

If we're dropping 90s characters, I think they should bring in the Rose. That way it can tie back to the netflix shows. Boom.

I like dude teaching Toxin not to be a killer.

LaNaranja

They really should have at least one movie with black suit Spider-man before Venom. Symbiot bonds to Spidey in Avengers 3 after Guardians bring it to earth on their ship? That could be neat.

kiguel182

If they got Fisk (the Daredevil version) into a movie it would so good. They already got a great character so half the work is done.

Fisk vs Spidey on the big screen would be great.

J_Viper

If they got Fisk (the Daredevil version) into a movie it would so good. They already got a great character so half the work is done.

Fisk vs Spidey on the big screen would be great.

Kingpin decapitates a dude with a car door on the show.

That's something you're never going to see in the MCU.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Am I the only one who thinks all this MCU stuff is just too much? There are so many fucking movies and shows now, one can't possibly follow all this shit! I miss the simpler times when a Spider-Man movie was just a Spider-Man movie, and I didn't have to care about how it fit into the larger universe of 42 billion characters. Like, do I have to watch Civil War to understand this movie? I don't particularly want to do that.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Am I the only one who thinks all this MCU stuff is just too much? There are so many fucking movies and shows now, one can't possibly follow all this shit! I miss the simpler times when a Spider-Man movie was just a Spider-Man movie, and I didn't have to care about how it fit into the larger universe of 42 billion characters. Like, do I have to watch Civil War to understand this movie? I don't particularly want to do that.

You are most certainly not the only one but... the resounding success of the MCU means consumers really love the interconnected nature of these movies - I know I do. This really harkens back to the old days where comic worlds were built out and filled with interesting characters interacting with each other.

Having said that, this movie will stand alone from CW. You'll miss how Tony & Peter met, but I'm sure they'll cover it.

Kingpin decapitates a dude with a car door on the show.

That's something you're never going to see in the MCU.
Kaecilus also decapitate a dude in Dr Strange, and Winter Soldier and Cap also kick dudes to a plane propeller.

As long as you dont see the actual head or body parts. It's fine in mcu.

Top Bottom