• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

How to forecast your vote

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Oh let me try I love astrology

Hopefully they have an option for Christian Anarchist

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
55% chance voting Republican. Interesting that I voted Green and Dem all my life but what can I do about it? Clearly I am a Republican now cos I don’t think Jesus is a joke

Ok, ok, you guys win, guess I vote Republican from now on. Good job forecasters you really told the future!

Last edited:

Greedings

May 23, 2016
I’m not living in the US, but it said id be 98% likely to vote democrat.

I wonder what it’s like to not be able to think for yourself so much that a crappy fill-in-the-blanks survey can predict your voting intention.

Reactions: pramod

Havoc2049

Mar 30, 2011
Arizona
I’m at 88% Republican. I would be at 89%, but I’m fluent in Spanish. :messenger_tears_of_joy: In real life, I’m at 100% Republican. The only Democrat who I would even entertain voting for (very slim chance), would be Senator Kyrsten Sinema.

Yoshi

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Between 87% and 95% chance of voting Democratic, depending on where I would live (because I am not an American, so I cannot pick something that fits me here; if I limit to city, because I am living in a city right now, it changes to 93% to 95%). Which is interesting, because the only factors that contributed to voting Democratic, as far as I can see, is being atheist, not a regular church-goer and having a post-graduate degree. Well and being in the second-lowest rather than the lowest income bracket.
Clearly I am a Republican now cos I don’t think Jesus is a joke
Unfortunately, he isn't a joke, but a fraud :(.

Last edited:
Reactions: pramod

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
Wow, I just changed the religious setting and I went from 50-50 to 85% Democrat. I think they kinda overweighted religion a bit.

AaronB

May 5, 2013
76% Republican. I think I'd vote for Yang or Tulsi over Trump. Possibly Williamson, too.

With the other nominees, I'd probably vote Trump or just stay home.

The forecast is probably about right, since it's still a longshot that the Dems would be smart enough to pick Yang or Tulsi when the DNC and the media are working against them.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Between 87% and 95% chance of voting Democratic, depending on where I would live (because I am not an American, so I cannot pick something that fits me here; if I limit to city, because I am living in a city right now, it changes to 93% to 95%). Which is interesting, because the only factors that contributed to voting Democratic, as far as I can see, is being atheist, not a regular church-goer and having a post-graduate degree. Well and being in the second-lowest rather than the lowest income bracket.

Unfortunately, he isn't a joke, but a fraud :(.
Post-grad degree atheist working @ Starbucks or the equivalent has got to be a huge chunk of the D electorate.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Wow, I just changed the religious setting and I went from 50-50 to 85% Democrat. I think they kinda overweighted religion a bit.
Having a "non-religious" option would probably solve a lot of it. I'm sure a lot of people who just don't care much about religion don't consider themselves as atheists. However, they probably get their data from actual hardcore atheists.

Yoshi

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Post-grad degree atheist working @ Starbucks or the equivalent has got to be a huge chunk of the D electorate.
I cannot imagine many people with a (relevant) Master's degree or phd are working (as barristas) at Starbucks, consdering the strong employment rates for a decade now.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
I cannot imagine many people with a (relevant) Master's degree are working (as barristas) at Starbucks, consdering the strong employment rates for a decade now.
There are an obscene amount of people who get degrees they can never possibly use. Colleges and Universities are not limited in how many people they can graduate with degrees, so in fields where more people earn degrees each year than there are actual job openings for, a large number of those people will never even have the opportunity to have a career in their chosen field.

Thurible

Aug 15, 2018
It is a thread very much about the impact of religion on politics.
Religion is just one part of the forecast test. They also list race, sex, education, location, and income as well. Though it does argue that faith in particular can be the deciding factor.

Also, it was just a jab, not an intricate comment on religion.
Well it's rude as heck. You can disagree with organized religion without the mockery.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
It is a thread very much about the impact of religion on politics. Also, it was just a jab, not an intricate comment on religion. Would have said the same thing about Mohammed or Hubbard.
tbh i did not understand the jab. he was a fraud? what story are you talking about? if you are saying, he didn't exist, ok, cool, lol. zing. wow. it is fine, i don't take it personally. that is ok if you don't believe any of it happened, i don't know if i do either, and that is part of my religious faith. it is because of our state of not knowing that we require faith IMO.

but equating Hubbard, a modern shyster, to two thousand year old traditions spanning people across the globe, does seem like a completely ignorant and ahistorical thing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thurible

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
53% voting Dem.

I guess the more money you make the lower the chances of voting Dem 😂.

The Religious questions were extremely narrow.

Last edited:

Zefah

Jan 7, 2007
A white, non-born-again atheist, straight man between 30 and 44 who is not a regular church-goer. He is married, has children, has a college degree and earns +$100k a year. He lives in the suburbs in the West and does not speak Spanish.
85% chance of voting Democratic.

Yep. I've never voted for {R} before.

Drake

Oct 16, 2012
51% chance of voting republican. Seeing as how the thought of ever voting for a democrat makes me sick to my stomach I thought this would be higher. I'm assuming the religious bit plays a big part.

Dec 22, 2007
As an atheist, I'd like to agree with you. As a person who has experienced hardcore religious folk in day-to-day life, I'd actually wager they under-valued it. Religious people can get pretty damn freaky about their myths.

They didn't have a section for "East' regarding living situation, so I had to settle for "Northeast," even though I'm below the Mason-Dixon line. I also speak enough Spanish to get my point across in Puerto Rico, but I wouldn't call myself anywhere close to fluent. As such, I expect results to be a bit off from reality.

87% Democratic.

It's important to realize that "Democratic" no longer means "Liberal," and "Republican" no longer means "Conservative."
Both parties are extremely liberal, and neither party is conservative, at least in the US.
Most of the time, I'd side with the conservative party. Nowadays, that's potentially the democrats or republicans, depending on the person, but I can't think of a single candidate in my entire life who'd I actually trust to run things properly.

So... maybe it's accurate?