• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How would Chad Warden be received in 2017?

The infamous Chad Warden video is now 10 years old. He is considered one of the internet's first trolls due to the absurdity of his statements and the profanity-laden manner in which he made them. Back in 2007 a lot of people took him seriously and were furious with him, disagreeing with him vehemently. Then there was another group of people who got offended by his casual use of the "n-word" and stereotypical things he said about Mexicans and women.

I doubt that Chad Warden would be taken as seriously now as he did back then. People are now used to internet trolling, but at the same time, people would still get offended by his use of the n-word and statements about women.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Legends stand against time.

He would be a legend today.

jennetics

I doubt that Chad Warden would be taken as seriously now as he did back then. People are now used to internet trolling, but at the same time, people would still get offended by his use of the n-word and statements about women.

Chad would be bigger than PDP if he was still Youtubing, if the use of n words are the litmus test.

PSOreo

I just want to know how we would have reacted to Switch and what he would have called the PS4. “PS-Tripple” was legendary.

giphy.webp

Legit never heard of them.

Slick, black.

BALLIIIIINNNN

I ain’t trying to play no games with a DIL-DOH. Unless it’s WarioWare, shove it up yo own ass game, then honeys be all over yo Wii

Eggbok

We wouldn't be able to get PStriple and it be relevant, so no he wouldn't be received as well. We also can't compare anything to that wii shit with the dildo controllers either lol.
Which is even more funny because the PS Move controllers look like actual dildos.

Ivan 3414

He was at the right place, right time. Probably wouldn't work today.

Don't think that's accurate. At the time there weren't any internet trolls that were actually showing their faces. It was something many naive internet users had never seen before, and why he received such a volatile response. In that context the Chad Warden persona was something of a pioneer.

L Thammy

I subscribe to the Younger Earth theory, where Earth was created in 2007 with a fully functional Internet, and we only think it's older because the Internet was full of misinformation when it was created.

How he got popular, how he didn't have to put on some tryhard persona, his jokes etc. are all a part of some perfect timing.

The videos are still ABAP, but if those videos were to release today they'd go nowhere and probably would be terrible.

"There ain't even one brotha in Super Smash Bros."

Clearly he's just as culturally relevant today as he was ten years ago. Some legends are destined to live on for eternity.

xviper

do you mean the "PS3 is better than the wii and x360" video ?? if you think that was even a little bit good trolling, then i doubt you even know what trolling is, even for 2007, that was bad

"There ain't even one brotha in Super Smash Bros."

Clearly he's just as culturally relevant today as he was ten years ago. Some legends are destined to live on for eternity.

Prophetic really. How are there still no POCs in Smash. Especially since the Smash scene is so diverse.

Murkas

Worked the whole of the gaming section of Youtube.

Also are we ever gonna get a sequel to Warioware :Shove up your on ass?

Top Bottom