• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How would go about making an eSports team and sports club?

Bluntman

Hey guys!

So the story is. My friend is loaded with money and decided to take matters in his own hands in our small town (Europe, not America) and created his own sports club. He bought some land and so far there is an office space and a martial arts hall on it, but later he will have a basketball court, a shooting range, a gym and many other stuff. He also wants his land to be a sort of community area where people can hang. He is working with the local school, so there are mainly children who goes to trainings right now, but there are trainings for adults as well.

And the most important thing: he also wants an eSports area and team and he wants me to help with it. I'm a journalist working in tech and a little bit gaming, so he thinks I have a better understanding of the topic. I also have contacts to the major companies like ASUS, Acer, LG and others.

My friends main line of thinking currently is "let children play some games after they done training" but thinks we should groom a professional eSports team in the future.

Now I really want to do this and help him with the cause, and I think I will be able to, I just need some advice from you guys to get this going. How would you go about it? How would you start? What are the first things should be done? What should come after that?

Top Bottom