- Jul 31, 2007
Has he done a good enough job or would you prefer that he be replaced? Hope my pros and cons are relatively unbiased. If other good points are made among the replies I will add them.
+ Game Pass provides cheap access to all first party games day 1 and a steady supply of third party games.
+ Oversaw a very ambitious backward compatibility initiative.
+ All first party games come to PC and Game Pass can be streamed to Android and eventually other platforms.
+ Oversaw the creation of some popular and/or good games like Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon, Master Chief Collection, Ori, Sunset Overdrive.
+ Purchased Mojang, Bethesda and lots of other studios with upcoming games like Elder Scrolls, Starfield, Fable, Avowed, Hellblade.
+ The One X is the most powerful current gen console and the Series X is the most powerful next gen console.
+ Provides free cloud saves for all users.
+- Series S provides a cheap entry point to the next generation, but there is some worry that it will hold back the Series X or that S games will perform badly in the latter part of the generation.
+- Series X controller lacks innovation, but the console is compatible with XB1 controllers.
+- Has encouraged cross gen games which would not take full advantage of next gen hardware.
- A general lack of high profile exclusives during the current generation and the first year of the Series X, in particular the cinematic type experiences that Sony provides.
- Halo 5 has not been as well received as the Bungie games, MCC started out as a mess, and Halo Infinite has a troubled development.
- Gears games have not had the same impact as during the 360 generation.
- Still unknown whether some of the new studios will be able to match the quality of Sony’s studios.
- Has no direct answer to the $400 PS5 DE.
- No direct answer to PS Plus Collection.
- SSD will be slower than in the PS5.