• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HQ Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden (Wii U) screens

TThfuJO.jpg

They already nailed it once, Luigi and ZSS. Maybe throw the vacuum cleaner on the Luigi this time

FF2 remake also had these:

uUMJCpZ.jpg

1 on PS2/PSN, with an Xbox up-port.
2 on PS2/PSN, with an Xbox up-port.
3 on PS3/PSN.
4 on Wii has an easy to apply fan translation.
Spirit Camera on 3DS.
2 Remake on Wii, only in Europe, but it's easy to play on any console region with homebrew.

Lord, I'm never going to get to play all of these :/

wrowa

Low resolution textures hurt my eyes, little budget or hardware restriction of WiiU?

It's a miracle the game looks as good as it does, honestly. The series usualls sells between 40k and 80k copies in Japan - and yet they somehow manage to be able to make a pretty good-looking game on a shoestring budget.

I think it's quite obvious that the quality of the assets hasn't improved a lot compared to the Wii days, which leads to the new game having sort of a "Wii game running in Dolphin" kinda feel. But that's absolutely okay, since Zero 4 and Zero 2 Wii already had some great assets and are without a doubt some of the best-looking games the system had to offer. The added water effects etc also do a great job further improving the look of it.

Fady K

isn't she freezing?

Not to nitpick but I agree; I don't get her choice in clothing at all out in the woods at night. Fatal Frame 1-3 had their character dress up far more realistically IMO.

Lord, I'm never going to get to play all of these :/

Honestly? Just play the remake of Fatal Frame II on the Wii, otherwise go for the trilogy on the PS2 - you can buy all of them on the PS3 :) Each game will take between 8-12 hours.

Don't bother picking up the 3DS spinoff, don't go through the trouble of playing 4 on the Wii either IMO unless you really fell in love with the series as it offers little to nothing new that we haven't seen before in the series, from plot, to locations, to gameplay, to even the music.

Golnei

Not to nitpick but I agree; I don't get her choice in clothing at all out in the woods at night. Fatal Frame 1-3 had their character dress up far more realistically IMO.

...Any chance the alternate costumes will allow for less incongruous clothes, or is it just Mario outfits and Zero Suits as far as the eye can see?

wrowa

I'd assume that she didn't plan to walk at night through a forest full of ghosts...

Lime

I'm all for female protagonists in video games, but something about Tecmo's constant employment of them in the FF series and their character designs and their extra unlockable costumes don't sit right with me.

Fady K

...Any chance the alternate costumes will allow for less incongruous clothes, or is it just Mario outfits and Zero Suits as far as the eye can see?

At this stage anything is possible in the series. As we already had a Metroid and Mario Bros. mashup, I wonder what they'll come up with in this one.

I'd assume that she didn't plan to walk at night through a forest full of ghosts...

Based on what I understood from her bio, she is used to getting in contact with spirits :p Beyond that it just seems a bit careless to go out in the woods where it is pretty cold whilst not better clothed as a preparation :p Alas, these are very small gripes that I'm sure won't affect the game badly one bit.

Those ghost aren't going to come and haunt you if you're wearing a Walmart shirt girls, gotta look fashionable if you want to get them to notice you.

Seik

Banned
All that hype...

I'm one click away from importing Project Zero 2, I checked a couple of videos and it looks dope! At first I thought it would come stateside like the three OP Rainfall titles, but no, they choked on this one. :/

Those ghost aren't going to come and haunt you if you're wearing a Walmart shirt girls, gotta look fashionable if you want to get them to notice you.

I actually really like the costume designs. They don't make sense for the situation, but they look good. I like Ruka's the most.

Rukabio.jpg

Still hoping to see this in America.

Since people don't seem to want my money for the 2 wii fatal frames, I guess I need to see about fixing the region locking stupidity to play them that way.

maybe if this sold better than they expected in Japan they might feel more at ease to localize it

but with the WiiU lacking support Nintendo should already know they need to send this worldwide

Paragon Pariah

Neo Member
I've never played a Fatal Frame game before, think I'm going to try the first one out and see if I like it.

I just found that you can get a PSN code for it from Amazon for $3.99. It is $9.99 in the Playstation Store.

BajiBoxer

Banned
sxlSxUD.jpg

Those boobs are comically oversized. Circle your eyes around the picture and they always train back to them lol.

And da fuq are the wearing? They look like Buffy's Willow and Tara circa 2001.

Yeah, the woman on the right looks like someone was playing with the sliders in a character editor. While her breasts look like they'll give her serious back problems, the rest of her looks oddly proportioned too.

Other than that, I think the game looks pretty nice.

I cannot pretend to be allergic to something I really like, I'm an honest human male

at least this game has no 300 year olds that look like she is 12yrs old

no need for the shame

Tecmo Koei's boss look like a very scary lady you would not want to cross, yet her company makes games feature women in certain ways it is as if she knows the truth about some men.

I am a big fan of TK games DOA5 is the only thing I am missing on my WiiU if there is a PS4 version I'll get it

Somnid

NOA can pretend like they have choices if this game fails to sell at least on par with other games in the series

I'm hoping Treehouse already has copies of the code tho

Well certainly another 2014 release would be helpful. I mean what else do they have to work on right now?

Well certainly another 2014 release would be helpful. I mean what else do they have to work on right now?

NA WiiU is already decent

I think NOA might be banking on riding the amiibo train from November through December

I am not even that big a fan of Smash but you cannot deny how focused they have been on pushing it

our best hope for Fatal Frame U is early 2015 during a slow month

Coda

Have to say the graphics look pretty damn stunning. Nothing crazy next gen but still really good. I feel like so many Wii U games are gonna have great graphics that aren't considered next gen but still look amazing.

chrono01

Don't worry everyone. You see that piece of material she has tied around her right thigh? Well that's one of those super-helpful anti-ghost belts. It decreases the possibility of being possessed by otherworldly spirits by a pretty significant margin [around 75% or so]. Unfortunately, it cannot be covered up lest its power be weakened, which is why the shorts are needed.

Anti-Ghost Thigh Belts FTW.

Also NoA, if you do not release this in NA I will be very upset with you. :/

Looks pretty decent. I'm hoping NoA localizes this one or I may just end up importing a WiiU. Surprised how good the WiiU line-up has become. It's gone from the one console I was going to skip this gen, to the only console worth a damn at this point.

Effect

With Wii U's lineup NOA really has no choice, right? ...right?

That's pretty much the only reason why there is a chance of this being localized. Same for in Europe as well. Nintendo as a whole can't be picky with what they localize. Especially when it comes to a larger console title. There is a significant void in the horror genre on the Wii U. It's the only game for it at the moment other then ZombiU and the Resident Evil port that already released. Speaking of Resident Evil if there is another one it most certainly won't be released on Nintendo hardware, regardless how much the user base increases. New Doom? Forget about it. The Evil Within? LOL. Nintendo needs to release this game outside of Japan. They don't have the luxury of not doing so. There are are ways to bring the localization cost down as well in the end.

Schlomo

If you think the clothes are unrealistic you should go to Japan. When I went hiking there once, there were indeed these kinds of "fashionable girls". Some were even wearing high heels, on a hiking trail. I was astonished they didn't fall flat on their face every three steps.

I don't think it is necessary but unfortunately the market may disagree with me :[

Fatal Frame games don't sell well at all lol

I do agree that it is a ridiculous outfit, but I think we all know why TK has certain costumes like that samus one and designs like this.

The games are still great survival horror games

Makeda

Forgive my ignorance (new to the FF series) but have any of the western releases come out with a Japanese voice track and just english/whatever subs or at least the option to use Japanese voices as well as the dubbed ones?

Top Bottom