• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HQ Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden (Wii U) screens

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
If you think the clothes are unrealistic you should go to Japan. When I went hiking there once, there were indeed these kinds of "fashionable girls". Some were even wearing high heels, on a hiking trail. I was astonished they didn't fall flat on their face every three steps.

Ive never been to Japan but Ive seen girls in programs and such dressed in clothes like that just walking down the street.

If you think the clothes are unrealistic you should go to Japan. When I went hiking there once, there were indeed these kinds of "fashionable girls". Some were even wearing high heels, on a hiking trail. I was astonished they didn't fall flat on their face every three steps.

the wore high heels to a hiking trail? welp no more complaints about Yuri here not that I had any just give her unlock able clothing when she gets wet she has an option to change into something dryer

random25

This. I think before people say that the clothes look ridiculous or unfitting of the setting, they really need to go to Japan. I went there once, and those clothes for women really look normal, especially for teenagers.

Too bad this isn't getting localized!

At least we had the chance to play Fatal Frame 4 on Wii U with the translation patch, but I'm not so sure I want to hack my wii u to play imports or fan-translated games.

Bulzeeb

Forgive my ignorance (new to the FF series) but have any of the western releases come out with a Japanese voice track and just english/whatever subs or at least the option to use Japanese voices as well as the dubbed ones?

there aren't any official releases as far as I know but I remember that someone made an un-dub version, can't remember more details about how to patch or get said version though

people are able to hack WiiU's Wii Mode?

haven't tried it yet but afaik it should be the same since the wii mode is basically a complete wii inside the wii U, but I could be wrong

tmarques

sxlSxUD.jpg

Those boobs are comically oversized. Circle your eyes around the picture and they always train back to them lol.

Goes with her abnormally large hands, I suppose.

I love the series, but these screens look kind of meh. I'm sure it will look better in motion, but I agree that the noise filter would not only make it creepier but help disguise the early PS360 models.

tmarques

BTW, since someone listened and decided to give us Bayonetta 1 free with Bayo 2, which was an actual port that demanded time and effort... Any chance of Fatal Frame 4 finally being released in the US along with 5? It's already been translated, and I doubt the couple of bugs Nintendo whined about at the time would take more than a few hours to fix.

Fady K

Fatal Frame games don't sell well at all lol

I do agree that it is a ridiculous outfit, but I think we all know why TK has certain costumes like that samus one and designs like this.

The games are still great survival horror games

Agreed, great series even if it is unfortunate that it does not sell well.

By the way, what's the basic story with Nintendo and the series? Is the series Nintendo only from now?

Shiggy

sörine;122121163 said:
Evidently Team Ninja's involved with development and this uses the DOA5 engine.

Do we know what Project Zero 2 was running on? I think Project Zero 5 looks pretty much like PZ2: Wii Edition in HD. Both textures and level geometry don't look too impressive after all.

Forgive my ignorance (new to the FF series) but have any of the western releases come out with a Japanese voice track and just english/whatever subs or at least the option to use Japanese voices as well as the dubbed ones?

I don't think any of the PS2 games had a Japanese language track.

I had thought the European release of Crimson Butterfly did but looking it up apparently no. That one has very British voice acting.

I don't think any of the PS2 games had a Japanese language track.

I had thought the European release of Crimson Butterfly did but looking it up apparently no. That one has very British voice acting.

Oh wow

Forget subbed japanese

I want an excessively British dub in my horror games from now on.

jeremy1456

The ideal situation would be for this game to be released worldwide with an included upressed version of IV on a separate disc.

Maybe I'm just spoiled since the Bayonetta 2 announcement.

The ideal situation would be for this game to be released worldwide with an included upressed version of IV on a separate disc.

Perhaps if their MK8 "Free game" survey question gives favorable results and then Bayo 2 gives them similar feedback, they'll do just that....

Who am I kidding I'll be thrilled just to get this here.

Top Bottom