• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive international prices leaked (899€ / £689)

artsi

EDIT: It's official now, the leak was true: http://blog.htcvive.com/us/2016/02/international-pricing-for-vive-pre-order/

Tilt Brush is now also included with pre-orders.

------------------------

Source is the same file server / path on AWS where they host their already existing blog content, so this should be pretty solid.

http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/f...0247/Screen-Shot-2016-02-26-at-2.00.43-PM.png

GhV19xc.png

Nabbis

Europe getting butt fucked again. Il post screenshots on Finnish prices, i bet they will be 1100 at the very least.

liquidfox00

Neo Member
$1149 loonies? Holy smokes. I always knew it was a pure luxury item especially being an early adopter but wow.

Really hoping I'm not going to end up paying $500 cdn for PSVR.

WTF is up with that Canadian price.

I have to assume it includes shipping. Expensive shipping.

My Rift is $918 CAD with shipping included. No Tax though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd assumed AUD$1199 for Australia. USD$899 is likely going to translate to $1299 rather than $1249.

Raide

VR will burn itself with these prices, way before it has a real chance to take root. Cheapest VR unit will make the traction, even if its not the best.

Nzyme32

The £ is a great example of why we see these prices.

When the price was first rumoured to be £689, people complained that after conversion and VAT they were being charged an extra £16 or so vs US. Now take a look after the Brexit fears cause the £ to drop

$799 = £575.96 + 20%VAT = £691.15

£689 is actually better now for the UK folk than before, with the unfortunate addition of 20% VAT

VR will burn itself with these prices, way before it has a real chance to take root. Cheapest VR unit will make the traction, even if its not the best.

We have cheap VR with gear VR and Google card board. It ain't setting the world on fire cause it isn't enjoyable for extended usage. There is a minimum price for good VR that can be used for the average person to handle for an extended period of time.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
As insane as it sounds, that's not bad. Relatively speaking.

Certainly better value than OR for those in Europe

For reference, that's the same price as the 32GB iPad Pro in the UK

Nzyme32

799 usd turn into 899 euros. The fuck?

$799 = €730.88 + 20%Tax = €877.06

So that is an excess of €22.93, which was a similar buffer that was in place for the £ but thanks to Brexit that buffer has already been destroyed there lol

Edit for comparison sake

Oculus Rift is $599 = €547.93 + 20%Tax = €657.52

However Oculus charge €699 for the rift in Europe - in excess of €41.48

You actually get more "ripped off" by Oculus - without taking shipping fees into account

Haha...holy shit. PSVR for me I guess.

If VR is compelling enough to actually invest like 3 to 4k into, then I will bump up. But off the hop that is really steep.

Right now for Canadians:

Rift: $599 USD = $849 CAD before shipping and taxes ($65 shipping)
Actual current exchange of $599 USD = $809 CAD. At the time of pricing our dollar was actually a little worse so I can forgive them on this but they should adjust.
Difference between current exchange and actual price is $40.

HTC Vive: $799 USD = $1,149 CAD before shipping (?) and taxes
Actual current exchange of $799 USD = $1080 CAD.
The difference between current exchange and actual price is $69 more we shouldn't have to pay. Nothing to suggest shipping is included.

Difference between the Vive and Oculus in Canada is $300.

In Ontario, the Vive will sell for at least $386 more than the Oculus Rift's current price, and we don't know yet if there are shipping charges on top of the Vive's after-tax price.

In other words, you could buy a Vive, or on a good day you could buy a PS4 or Xbox One and still have enough for an Oculus Rift.

kadotsu

Banned
Yeah, I will just go ahead and sit out the first two generations of these devices. No way I'm buying into an expensive and potentially fragmented market.

shira

Right now for Canadians:

Rift: $599 USD = $849 CAD before shipping and taxes ($65 shipping)
Actual current exchange of $599 USD = $809 CAD. At the time of pricing our dollar was actually a little worse so I can forgive them on this but they should adjust.
Difference between current exchange and actual price is $40.

HTC Vive: $799 USD = $1,149 CAD before shipping (?) and taxes
Actual current exchange of $799 USD = $1080 CAD.
The difference between current exchange and actual price is $69 more we shouldn't have to pay. Nothing to suggest shipping is included.

Difference between the Vive and Oculus in Canada is $300.

It's a buffer to cover their asses, who knows where our dollar will be in a few days

In Ontario, the Vive will sell for at least $386 more than the Oculus Rift's current price, and we don't know yet if there are shipping charges on top of the Vive's after-tax price.

In other words, you could buy a Vive, or on a good day you could buy a PS4 or Xbox One and still have enough for an Oculus Rift.

Wait what there is a shipping cost too. i though that was built IN. LOL

61cu73ilpBL._SX522_.jpg

Nzyme32

Good luck with getting them touch controllers and extra camera at apparent 0 cost. I mean, we know why the Vive is more expensive. It's up to you whether you can tolerate the first generation enthusiast / early adopter price for it.

Top Bottom