• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hubris and Bullshit: Modern Warfare 2 PC will not allow dedicated servers.

RedSwirl

Sipowicz said:
02:34 zach426
What was your guy's logic behind removing the lean feature for PC, a feature that was a mainstay from all of your previous call of duty titles?
02:34 Mackey-IW
The game is not balanced for lean.

Whoa whoa WHAT?!

Zeliard

"The game is not balanced for lean."

:lol :lol :lol

Hey, you there, stop looking around that corner. Stay in plain sight so you can be seen and shot at more easily, please - these analog sticks are kinda unresponsive.

I guess it's confirmed to be a console port with console features. Everything other then tweaking graphic settings and steam points to that.

For shame....for shame.

Mackey-IW
No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.
I don't even play PC games, but this is absolutely mind-numbing.

"Newspaper version has custom stuff like real ink and paper over internet version."

"TV version has custom stuff like a moving picture over radio version."

"Playstation version has custom stuff like using R2 instead of right bumper like 360 version."

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Enosh said:
no, beacose the PC has 2 out of 3 mentioned things, try again

but they do...

I realy didn't get the impression that they think they are features worth mentioning, but they are features the PC has that the consoles don't and since that was the question...
those aren't features my friend... That's where the problem is. Those things are necessary.

Fio

2uf7sro.jpg

I said wow.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Fio said:
2uf7sro.jpg

I said wow.

My goodness.

Well, I can take some sort of pleasure in believing that this is probably the "peak" of the CoD franchise in terms of sales. It's all downhill from here.

markot

Banned
Kintaro said:
My goodness.

Well, I can take some sort of pleasure in believing that this is probably the "peak" of the CoD franchise in terms of sales. It's all downhill from here.
I am hoping MW1 was the peak...

Nelo Ice

Banned
well the pc version of mw2 is gonna be dead on arrival

dont think any pc gamer in their right mind is going to buy this pos :lol
hate to support them on 360 but im weak and 90% of my friends list will be playin this

markot

Banned
Friends dont let friends play mw2!

And you guys are forgetting on thing.

Cod4 - No dlc or map packs
MW2 - DLC AND MAP PACKS!!!!!

Thats a huge plus obv. Now we dont need nvidia to release the maps for us!

pilonv1

G0DLIKE said:
Is this all true!? 0 ping hosts? No console commands? 18 player max? Avg ping 3x worse?

What an insult IW. WTF are you thinking!?

Ping stuff is speculation at best, but the rest of it is fact. 9v9 is the max for online.

Console commands were left out so that "the game will play as we intend it to" or something similarly condescending.

G0DLIKE

pilonv1 said:
Ping stuff is speculation at best, but the rest of it is fact. 9v9 is the max for online.

Console commands were left out so that "the game will play as we intend it to" or something similarly condescending.

I feel betrayed :'(

pilonv1

found it

Q Is there a console in the PC version of the game, so we can change our field of view from the xbox's default 65 FOV to 80 also can we tweaks the weapon damage for each gun, removes perks, graphical debris, breathing sway, also thru console like we where able to before or is this all gone?

A We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it. - Vince-IW

pilonv1

Fredescu said:
CoD4 wasn't $50US on Steam in Aus when it was released. It was one of the first to be higher. It wasn't $89 or whatever though, I think it may have been $69.

Pretty sure COD4 was $89.

Puck

Banned
I believe it was either 59 or 69. I bought it on steam back then.

Either way, the price hike and difference for a DD game is ridiculous.

Curufinwe

X26 said:
All the complaints make sense except this one to me, maps don't seem big enough for that many players all the time plus with that many players it would be nothing but ocnstant killstreaks

There were many maps in CoD 4 where 32 or more players worked perfectly well, and then there was Shipment with 32 players which was always good for a laugh and for leveling up.

Curufinwe said:
There were many maps in CoD 4 where 32 or more players worked perfectly well, and then there was Shipment with 32 players which was always good for a laugh and for leveling up.

So true.

First, I find out about the lack of dedicated server functionality, then today, I read that MW2 for PC will only support up to 18 players... and now I'm reading that there is no leaning? What the fuck...

Bluth54

G0DLIKE said:
Is this all true!? 0 ping hosts? No console commands? 18 player max? Avg ping 3x worse?

What an insult IW. WTF are you thinking!?
Well no ping advantage for host is true since you can't play on dedicated servers.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I don't understand the LAN Play part in the features list. If both have LAN Play, why is MW2 worse?

Not trollin', I get the graph, just wondering if that part was intentional or not.

Puck

Banned
Woops, looks like i wasn't paying attention. Didn't mean to be, but given all of the other features missing, LAN play will be worse than COD4, seeing as though you have no console and you probably need to go through IWnet to "reduce piracy"

Blueblur1

As a person that just recently started gaming on PC and is loving everything PC gaming offers, I find this insulting. I hope people actually send them a message by not buying the game. I doubt that will happen though. :(

Blueblur1 said:
As a person that just recently started gaming on PC and is loving everything PC gaming offers, I find this insulting. I hope people actually send them a message by not buying the game. I doubt that will happen though. :(
Even if PC gamers don't buy the console people will buy in the masses. Activision don't give a damn and looks about the same for IW based of those comments. I'll say otherwise if IW devs come out and say they have no choice in the matter, but for now they are sellouts.

Smash88

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
It's a balance thing, you can't have 16 people on one map being able to peak around corners.

Good luck getting a game with 16-18 people with the lag that will ensue.

Never mind getting to peak around corners, OH NOE! We can't have that since, people with our BRAND NEW MECHANICS of having mouse AND keyboard control don't really know how to use these two new features together.

This is such an obvious port it is disgusting that they are trying to even remotely mask it.

This game isn't bad or terrible anymore.

It is just plain fucking sad.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Safe Bet said:
BTW

Just listend to The Giant Bombcast's opinion on the subject.

WOW

How could they be so fucking clueless?

Gamers have a "Sense of Entitlement" because they object to features and choice being taken OUT of games?

Uh...

Yeah...

That's the last time I listen to those guys.

Yeah Ryan's comments really bothered me with the last podcast. I think it was Ryan at least... it might have been Jeff or both of them.

I think their perspectives are a little warped since most of them have been working as games journalists for such a long time and they get so much "free" access to video games.

They talk about having a sense of entitlement like it is a terrible thing when all it is Infinity Ward betraying a whole lot of people's expectations about a relatively long running series. It's as if they suggest that anyone with a complaint should just shut up, accept reality and either buy the game or don't, but the last thing they should do is openly voice their complaints. I did find it funny when Ryan commented a bit negatively about their recent decision to remove party chat from most of the multiplayer modes since that "is how he always played CoD4."

microsoft and activision working together for more 360 sales confirmed.

Im a console gamer and even i know this has got to be a joke, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?!

Top Bottom