• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE IS THIS NEWS AND MY PANTS TOO (VIRTUAL CONSOLE)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
holy shit

there is a block that shows a controller only... could it be saturn? :D

If they port Aleste 2 to the VC, you might have the best 2D shooter of the 8 bit generation, except maybe for Space Manbow...

apujanata

Neo Geo Games ? Wo hoo. I can get my cousin, which is a Neo Geo fans, to buy Wii (since his Neo Geo is not working anymore since last year).

Pud

Banned
Neo-Geo, eh?
dr_evil.jpg

there is a block that shows a controller only... could it be saturn?

Commodore 64, actually.

Neo-Geo? Wasn't that suppose to be for PSN?

Bomba PS3?

MadFuzzy

There's some other interesting stuff on the Japanese list for March as well, including the first Square Enix title in the form of Actraiser.

duckroll

Don't you people even know what MSX means? It means it's now the home of METAL GEAR, METAL GEAR 2 and SD SNATCHER! :lol

Error2k4 said:
there is a block that shows a controller only... could it be saturn? :D

NCL's been known to use space-fillers, so don't hold your breath.

Still, if this means carts once costing hundreds of dollars will be reduced to chump change, that's pretty cool. Even if a bunch have been re-released before.

AniHawk

Pretty cool. I wonder if there are plans for other systems from Sega or other few that didn't quite make it. I understand the Sega Saturn is a bitch to emulate for but I want Panzer Dragoon Saga god dammit.

AniHawk said:
Pretty cool. I wonder if there are plans for other systems from Sega or other few that didn't quite make it. I understand the Sega Saturn is a bitch to emulate for but I want Panzer Dragoon Saga god dammit.

Why do you think everyone wants Panzer Dragoon Saga? It's because it's trapped on perhaps the most frustratingly difficult system to emulate. :lol

duckroll

If Nintendo is SERIOUS about the Neo Geo on VC, they should definitely team with Hori and release an official VC Arcade Stick for the Wii. It'll go over VERY well with fans I think... but hey that's doing the right thing and Nintendo never does that... right? :D

MaddenNFL64

duckroll said:
Don't you people even know what MSX means? It means it's now the home of METAL GEAR, METAL GEAR 2 and SD SNATCHER! :lol

Who cares, NES had Snakes Revenge! Yeah, thats right.

(friggin wants MSX games on U.S Wii)

Polari

So...

NES
SNES
Nintendo 64
Genesis
TG-16
Neo-Geo
Commodore 64
MSX

Damn, get Gameboy, Master System and 2600 on that and we're set.

Dascu

Any chance of this going to Europe? :(

Regardless, good news for the Japanese VC owners. And yeah, I do believe MSX was supposed to be on the VC anyway. NeoGeo's new though. (heh, pun)

duckroll said:

Vampire Killer, Gradius 1, 2, and 2+ (Nemesis 3 in Europe), Maze of Galious, Treasure of Usas, the best version of Ys 3 and Legend of Heroes, Penguin Adventure, Aleste 2, Space Manbow, Golvellius 2, Rune Master trilogy, Xak 1, 2 and Tower of Gazzel, Fray, Illusion City, F1 Spirit, ah well, too much to name.

duckroll

Dascu said:
Any chance of this going to Europe? :(

Regardless, good news for the Japanese VC owners. And yeah, I do believe MSX was supposed to be on the VC anyway. NeoGeo's new though. (heh, pun)

It has a better chance of being in Europe than in the US. The MSX was actually a system that was released and sold in Europe with English games after all! :D

Jonnyram

Neo-Geo!!!
I guess that's why Metal Slug Anthology hasn't come out in Japan yet (on Wii, at least).
Wow, Neo-Geo...

MSX logo has been on that page for ages :p Just no games yet.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
Wow... Actraiser in March.
Square Enix is on the VC train everyone!!!
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to buy a Wii. :(

AniHawk said:
I didn't say everyone wants PDS. I said I want PDS. And I don't spend over $100 for video games.

Yeah, join the club.

Square Enix is on the VC train everyone!!!

MEGATON

(The fact that they don't start by whoring off their FF franchises again gives me some hope that we'll see less recognized IPs.)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
There's some other interesting stuff on the Japanese list for March as well, including the first Square Enix title in the form of Actraiser.

I noticed a week or so ago that Square Enix let the North American trademark for Actraiser expire.

I was going to write something on my site about it, because I assumed that it meant that Square Enix didn't have any interest in holding onto the series anymore (at least, in North America), but I held off because I didn't know what all variables would be in play as far as law and stuff is concerned.

So yeah, if the American trademark is dead, does that mean that it won't be coming here, or something else?

I hope the first thing available on the Neo-Geo channel is a ****in FIX FOR Metal Slug Anthology.

and yes, I'm quite thrilled at this news. Better then NES versions of Lifeforce and a whole lotta other great stuff too. Yea-frikkin-haw!

edit: I see Hal's logo, was that always there? I think we can assume we will get some of their stuff pre-Ninty takeover. Kabuki Quantem Fighter and HyperZone en route. YEAH!

AniHawk said:
There I go again, misreading responses like the crazy person I am. Sorry.

It's okay. Here, you can have my cookie.

Which I found by the roadside. Last week. Being eaten. By a dog.

I think it had rabies.

AniHawk

duckroll said:
Why would they need Quintet's permission? Actraiser is a Quintet game too. :p

Oh yeah.

Damn, I'm really striking out here tonight.

Anyway, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be released in America, since there was a PAL version (that I'm assuming is in English).

That and Sin & Punishment. What gives?

lo zaffo

leesmapman said:
Vampire Killer, Gradius 1, 2, and 2+ (Nemesis 3 in Europe), Maze of Galious, Treasure of Usas, the best version of Ys 3 and Legend of Heroes, Penguin Adventure, Aleste 2, Space Manbow, Golvellius 2, Rune Master trilogy, Xak 1, 2 and Tower of Gazzel, Fray, Illusion City, F1 Spirit, ah well, too much to name.
It is impossible that JPN MSX/MSX2/MSX2+ games will be translated and sell in western regions, so I'm only happy for You.
BTW, as far as I remember, in Japan MSX had Dragon Quest and Dragon Quest II cartridges, and MSX2 had its own version of these Dragon Quest and Dragon Quest II.

PowerRun

leesmapman said:

Too bad most of these wonderful games prolly won't make it to US/Europe.... *cries* I wanna play Gen'Ei Toshi AKA Illusion City in an official english translation

Top Bottom