• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge Nintendo Switch Pro Details Leak Ahead of Reveal - Listing Found on Amazon

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Major Nintendo Switch Pro details have leaked online ahead of its "imminent" reveal. The past couple of days, reports of a Nintendo Switch Pro, or Super Nintendo Switch as it's sometimes called, have flooded the Internet. The cliff notes are Nintendo is reportedly releasing a new and upgraded Nintendo Switch model with more power this fall that will apparently cost -- at least -- $300 and be revealed before E3 2021 next month.

That said, today these reports, rumors, and leaks were added to with a brand report. Most notably, this report claims the Nintendo Switch Pro is the same size as the standard Nintendo Switch, but with a. bigger OLED screen due to the thinner bezels. It also relays word of a Surface-style stand for better support, a new dock that two USB 3.0 ports and an ethernet port, and the current joy-cons will be compatible.

The report continues by adding that the game will support 4K, but only when docked. Meanwhile, the microSD card slot will now be located behind the flip on the back, which in turn will make it easier to use.

Unfortunately, this is where the details end. What is here comes the way of Spanish website Vandal, who has proven reliable and reputable in the past. As for how they gathered these details, they say it was given to them by an anonymous employee of a Chinese manufacturer working on the console.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A listing for the "New Nintendo Switch Pro" has now made its way to Amazon Mexico. The listing was shared on Twitter by user @Alphabeat_g, and was then shared by W Wario64 . As of this writing, the listing remains up on the site, and readers can find it right here (it's listed as "not available"). It's impossible to say whether or not this is the upgraded Switch console we've all been waiting for, but a lot of video game announcements have been spoiled by retail listings in the past. A recent report by Bloomberg stated that an official announcement is coming soon and will happen prior to E3, so this could be the real deal!

TAS

so it sounds like its the 2019 nvidia shield apu instead of the 2017 one, and with an oled as expected.
Wait..isn't the Tegra X1+ chip in the 2019 Shield the same one that's in the Switch V2 hardware? OLED and DLSS is a great start--but I'm really hoping Nvidia goes all the way and designs a custom chip to really make this a true next
gen upgrade. 🙏

carlosrox

Banned
Please?

Can the composer bless me with some chanting of the gods in 2021?

I want to hear that sound again in 2021.

I need to hear how that would sound in 2021.

Tim Haywood got his turn with Shadow Man Remastered in 2021. I got to hear that sound again.

When is it Kenji Yamamoto's turn?

Last edited:

Astral Dog

They are going to steal the spotlight from Microsoft at E3. They show Zelda, Metroid, and Xenoblade 3 running on this thing and its over.
Metroid V, Zelda BotW2,Donkey Kong, Bayonetta3, and the leaked Resident Evil appearing at E3 and fuck PS5SeriesX (for now)give me Nintendo 😁🤤🤤🤤

Last edited:

gamer82

4K super Mario bro’s and I will be happy. Am I right in thinking there’s a hd version of it or is it only Mario maker levels .

truth411

The only thing I care about is 4k support and more power.

Everything else was already more than fine with me.
Personally, I would be happy with great Graphics at 1080p.
Resolution=/=Graphics.

I'm starving for some mario games. I haven't played a Nintendo game Since my Wii U several years ago.

Sidesalad

It'll be hard to justify picking one up just to play botw2. It would be nice if they had some bangers they haven't announced yet.

Zannegan

Would we really call this a huge leak? I guess we only have two weeks left to find out, but I'm feeling impatient.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Personally, I would be happy with great Graphics at 1080p.
Resolution=/=Graphics.

I'm starving for some mario games. I haven't played a Nintendo game Since my Wii U several years ago.
Why did you skip the Switch / Switch Lite with Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario 3D World and the Bowser Fury extension, as well as the 3D collection? Certainly cheaper than the Switch Pro is going to be.

truth411

Why did you skip the Switch / Switch Lite with Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario 3D World and the Bowser Fury extension, as well as the 3D collection? Certainly cheaper than the Switch Pro is going to be.
Im more of a console gamer than mobile. The best portable hand held I owned was the Vita, but I didn't use it much since I dont travel that often and game at home. If I get a switch it will be docked 90% of the time, so I have been waiting for a switch Pro. There have been

DonJimbo

Im so excited to Buy the pro hold Off Till now tonbuy a Switch will Be my First Nintendo device after the wii

Ok 4k is great, but to play what though? Yeah botw2 will be great but what else? If it's the current turd standard of games then I wouldn't even play them in 8k.

GeorgPrime

Banned

Major Nintendo Switch Pro details have leaked online ahead of its "imminent" reveal. The past couple of days, reports of a Nintendo Switch Pro, or Super Nintendo Switch as it's sometimes called, have flooded the Internet. The cliff notes are Nintendo is reportedly releasing a new and upgraded Nintendo Switch model with more power this fall that will apparently cost -- at least -- $300 and be revealed before E3 2021 next month.

That said, today these reports, rumors, and leaks were added to with a brand report. Most notably, this report claims the Nintendo Switch Pro is the same size as the standard Nintendo Switch, but with a. bigger OLED screen due to the thinner bezels. It also relays word of a Surface-style stand for better support, a new dock that two USB 3.0 ports and an ethernet port, and the current joy-cons will be compatible.

The report continues by adding that the game will support 4K, but only when docked. Meanwhile, the microSD card slot will now be located behind the flip on the back, which in turn will make it easier to use.

Unfortunately, this is where the details end. What is here comes the way of Spanish website Vandal, who has proven reliable and reputable in the past. As for how they gathered these details, they say it was given to them by an anonymous employee of a Chinese manufacturer working on the console.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A listing for the "New Nintendo Switch Pro" has now made its way to Amazon Mexico. The listing was shared on Twitter by user @Alphabeat_g, and was then shared by W Wario64 . As of this writing, the listing remains up on the site, and readers can find it right here (it's listed as "not available"). It's impossible to say whether or not this is the upgraded Switch console we've all been waiting for, but a lot of video game announcements have been spoiled by retail listings in the past. A recent report by Bloomberg stated that an official announcement is coming soon and will happen prior to E3, so this could be the real deal!

Thats the Switch i will buy again

Varteras

Gold Member
I would love 4K support. One of the few things I don't like about Switch is just how bad games look on my 4K TV. It really hurts my enjoyment of games like Breath of the Wild and Monster Hunter Rise. Hopefully they can upscale those games. Now here comes the big question. Will they do what Sony and Microsoft did by not allowing exclusives to be made for the updated hardware or will they allow developers to require the new hardware to play the games? I'm going to guess no but it's still something I wonder.

Top Bottom