• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge PSN bug: Download list repeats PS+ freebies every time you resub, corrupt lists

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
UPDATE: Download list duplication now resolved on my end.

Yesterday, I finally upgraded my 4 year old 400 GB HDD to a 1 TB HDD, partly cause I didn't want to worry much longer about getting PS+ downloads and mostly cause it felt like my HDD was struggling in performance. I bypassed the whole backup routine cause it took forever when I tried it before and it wasn't worth my time, opting to instead redownload the games that I was definitely going to play.

So I went to the download list on my PS3 and I found out that I have 8911 items in my download list. No way that I have 8911 unique downloads...that would be way too many games. But as I was going through the list, I noticed that the PS+ freebies kept repeating themselves. Apparently every time you redeem any PS+ sub code, the freebie stuff is re-granted, I guess it does this so that it renews those licenses for another year or 3 months or whatever.

Well, big problem is that it is virtually impossible for me to go back to my download list and spot my games that I purchased myself. I'm pretty sure it's causing unnecessary stress on PSN's end as well, creating these gigantic lists.

Let's take my friend's download list for example. I gave him a few one month codes to him and for some reason seldom claims PS+ freebies, only getting the ones he's interested. Took a look at his download list and it shows three games just repeating themselves. Now imagine having a full list of PS+ freebies in the past year or so and multiply that by a double digit number.

x0yGFAx.jpg

The only sane solution to download old stuff is to go onto your SEN account page here and manually searching the games on the real PSN store on PS3, which is a pain in the ass.Going through the download list from the SEN webstore doesn't help either, as shown above. The bug appears both on the console and the SEN webstore, so it's not console based.

I have a feeling this PS+ download list bug is causing more problems than we see on the surface (See the last part of this post). I know there's a couple other people that have noticed this bug and for whatever reason, there's not much documentation on it.

So I'm making this thread to see if anyone else is experiencing this, and maybe getting this bug some attention here. Content rediscovery using the download list is almost impossible, especially if you have PS+ freebies repeating up to thousands like I do.

Here's some other anecdotes I found. People think it happened since server maintenance. I'm not sure, but from what I've investigated on my own, it seems to be related to PS+ re-subscription. And I think it's been going on for a while.

http://community.singstar.com/t5/Pl...download-list-since-maintenance/td-p/19241934

http://forum.infamousthegame.com/t5...General/Huge-Download-List-Error/m-p/14458113

If you want a video of this problem, check out this. 9891 downloads in the list, repeating a few games numerous times due to PS+. His list is so corrupted that he isn't even able to redownload some content...so it's kind of a big concern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRfItEH1L9k

kick51

Banned
Yeesh.

The download list needs a complete overhaul to fix a bunch of things (sorting, search), but this is especially bad.

Yeah I got this too. I was looking through my download list and a lot of my PS+ stuff was on repeat several times. Was a pain to find what I was looking for.

androvsky

Yeah, I noticed that with my list too recently. On the plus side, I also noticed videos I'd purchased from the PSN Video store were showing up, looking like they could be downloaded again, which would be a huge improvement.

Still no Kyuuin or Magical Drop F though, so those are still apparently gone forever from my download list.

LTWood12

I noticed this last week. My cc info had expired and so when it tried to auto renew it failed. After manually re-upping my subscription, my download list went to shit.

Massa

How many subscription codes do you have stacked? It might be listing games for each of the codes until they expire.

I have the same problem, it occurred a few years back now with a code I got for God Hand and the Maximo games. I have about 5 copies of 3 games filling my list.

BibiMaghoo

I often run out of sub, as I tend to only buy 3 months at a time. This has never happened to me (UK)

It does always move them back to the top of the list, but I have never seen a duplicate in that list.

Last time I resubbed was about 2 months ago, my sub finishes end of this month.

Storm360

How many subscription codes do you have stacked? It might be listing games for each of the codes until they expire.

This is not the case sadly

I went through and looked at Sonic The Hedgehog, I saw my first PS+ sub when i initally downloaded it, then the free 2 month added on when PSN was down, this is the last time I was subbed to plus until last November, as I only wanted to use cloud saves to transfer my saves from my PS3 Fat to Slim, I had two copies from that

Fast forward to November, I got a month trial through Facebook, I have another clone of Sonic The Hedgehog from that, after that trial, I decided that I wanted to sub to PS+, so when that month expired, a few days later (actually on christmas day) I purchased a year, I have another copy of Sonic from that

androvsky

I don't have any PS+ codes stacked, I just have the old 15-month deal that's up next July. What's showing up is every time I put in a free PS+ trial previously from Welcome Back or promotions, and when I resubscribed, with every game I had gotten from PS+ during that time showing up.

Basically, you know how when you resubscribe to PS+ it puts all your old free games at the top of your list? Now it's a copy instead of a move.

dubq

Slightly o/t but what website is that download image from? I don't have an option to start a download on my PS3 via the web (on the SEN website anyway).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Slightly o/t but what website is that download image from? I don't have an option to start a download on my PS3 via the web (on the SEN website anyway).

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games

As for the sub, I used those 1 month codes that were given out a few months ago, which I shared with my friend. Which is why I think it's based on PS+ resubs. And as people mentioned earlier, it used to just bring your PS+ games to the top of the list. Now it's just making copies of itself

LTWood12

I noticed this last week. My cc info had expired and so when it tried to auto renew it failed. After manually re-upping my subscription, my download list went to shit.

I'm not sure if it's related, but I also had the following happen within the last month:

I let my bro-in-law borrow my PS3. When he gave it back to me, I got the "your console wasn't turned off properly" message. It tried to recover the disc but failed. I had to reformat my 500 gig HDD (of which only 20 gig was empty). He'd literally unplugged it during a loading screen of Bioshock Infinite, but I digress. Luckily my saves were backed up to the cloud so no loss there. And so I thought oh well, fresh start. I'll just redownload the stuff I was actually going to play.

This is where it gets weird. I'm pretty anal about knowing what I've purchased on PSN. I'd bought Prince of Persia 08 + the Epilogue on sale with a plus discount last summer. I'd also bought a number of the Pixeljunk games when they went on sale for a dollar. However, none of these games showed in my download list, with the exception of the Epilogue DLC (which requires the full game). Contacted support, and they couldn't see them in my d/l list either. They asked when I'd purchased them. I wasn't entirely sure, but I went into 'Transaction Management' and was able to see when I'd purchased them. Gave them the info, and they said they'd investigate. Said the only solution was to give me a refund to my PSN wallet.

Well, I got an email a week later saying they were sorry, and that $13.99 was credited to my account. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough to rebuy POP 2008 on it's own, much less with the Pixeljunk games. I was kind of pissed, but too lazy to go back to them.

Now with this PS+ glitch, I'm wondering if other users are missing content in their download list.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
My ps+ subscription ran out yesterday, looking at my list now I have no free content from ps+.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

I mean, if you rebuy the PSN+ subscription, the stuff is supposed to come back, right?

People with auto-renewal probably get a new set of PSN+ downloadable items on their download list every time they renew their subscription. However, since it never lapses, the older items never get removed?

JJD

I had noticed this already, but this is not the only issue with PSN's download list, it really is a fucking mess.

I've had 3 full retail games I bought at full price simply disappear from my download list, and I wasn't able to even download then directly from the PSN store since it asked the game to be bought again.

The last time this happened with Far Cry 3 only a month after I had bought the game from PSN.

So far Sony has reimbursed me the three games. But every time this happens it gets more difficult and they make new excuses to try to avoid giving me a refund. The last time they said they couldn't refund me because I'm not from the USA but I'm using the US Store, but ended up giving me the refund a few weeks later.

I've heard others complaining about content vanishing from their Download list as well.

And I'm sure some people don't even realize stuff they bought are not available to then anymore.

Sony really needs to fix this up.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Here's some other anecdotes I found. People think it happened since server maintenance. I'm not sure, but from what I've investigated on my own, it seems to be related to PS+ re-subscription. And I think it's been going on for a while.
It does seem like they messed with the download list during the last maint. GraveRobberX said his issue was sort of resolved after the maint.

Got a PM from Andvary last night

They finally fixed the problem some of us were having since 11/2012

The funny thing is, they fix DL list to a point, but the list is broken

I have #/10000 in my DL list

I'm only suppose to have 1393 items
Yeah, my list is there, but the games are all over the place, some repeat too quickly

I dunno what the hell is going on

Maybe in doing so they created a new issue.

JJD

Yeah, I noticed that with my list too recently. On the plus side, I also noticed videos I'd purchased from the PSN Video store were showing up, looking like they could be downloaded again, which would be a huge improvement.

Still no Kyuuin or Magical Drop F though, so those are still apparently gone forever from my download list.

This is what I'm talking about.

The easiest way to resolve this is to find the invoice Sony e-mails you when you buy game/content and send then a copy of it with the transition number visible when you ask for a refund.

For some strange reason they cannot re-authorize you to download the game from PSN again, but they can issue a refund.

Everyone should be saving/backing up the e-mails with the invoices of stuff they buy in case something vanishes. It's the easiest way to get a refund.

Another way to resolve it is to track down the game on your Transaction List (not the download list) and search for the transaction number there as well.

You should try to get a refund friend.

I noticed this too when I re-subbed shortly after getting my Vita. It was a pain to find my freebie Vita games.

also you're a bot!

abrack08

I noticed the same thing on my list two weeks ago, I assumed it was a random bug that would go away soon. I dunno if it only gets added when you resub though... It doesn't seem to be all my plus stuff though, just a certain section that keeps repeating. Stupid free one month codes

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
This list is such a freaking mess. All they need is a stupid radio button filter:

- Purchased Games
- Purchased Add-Ons
- PS+ Games
- Downloaded Demos

Knowing them they don't even have a database field to use to distinguish one from the other.

androvsky

This list is such a freaking mess. All they need is a stupid radio button filter:

- Purchased Games
- Purchased Add-Ons
- PS+ Games
- Downloaded Demos

Knowing them they don't even have a database field to use to distinguish one from the other.

For the most part they know if you've purchased something in the store side, so it should be easy to sort the store content by items you have purchased. Problem there is they probably can't tell between stuff that was on PS+ or paid, and there's a few games that just don't show up as purchased for whatever reason.

Basically, the PSN store is falling apart at the back end, and they need to migrate everyone and their purchases to a new one.

Hopefully Sony get their shit together on the software side for the PS4.

Once you've bought enough stuff, the download list becomes a chore to navigate.

Lucent

Yeesh.

The download list needs a complete overhaul to fix a bunch of things (sorting, search), but this is especially bad.

Yeah it really needs some form of searching and sorting. It's so annoying to look through the whole list to see what you own. You could go on the store and do a search for the stuff you know you own. But I have so much stuff downloaded from PS+ and such sometimes I forget what I have. lol

Mogwai

Sony should fix this. But as a solution, wouldn't it be possible to enter the PSN Store and find the games you want to re-download? It should state that you already had purchased the game.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
GraveRobberX on suicide watch.

The Noose is around my neck!

I just re-upped for 2 years more LOL

O9oX9Nn.jpg

Now my list is fucked beyond means

Every PS+ item got pushed up due to me stacking PS+ codes...

So ther first 8500 items are just PS+ on repeat, I have to scroll 9000-10,000 to reach my bought stuff

I'm still using the Age of Booty trick, it's working fine in there

Just DL the Demo version of Age of Booty, go to option to buy, get booted into old PSN store, hit Download list, viola all the right items in the right place, no 8000+ repeats

Sucks my purchased items for the week went down to like 400 in the list due to PS+ getting reactivated for 2 more years

Fuck My Life!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm still using the Age of Booty trick, it's working fine in there

Just DL the Demo version of Age of Booty, go to option to buy, get booted into old PSN store, hit Download list, viola all the right items in the right place, no 8000+ repeats

Sucks my purchased items for the week went down to like 400 in the list due to PS+ getting reactivated for 2 more years

Fuck My Life!
I miss the old store. I haven't bothered with the current janky one in months now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sony should fix this. But as a solution, wouldn't it be possible to enter the PSN Store and find the games you want to re-download? It should state that you already had purchased the game.

I said that in my original post. That is not a real solution, and requires checking the list from the SEN account page and dealing with PS3's inefficient PSN Store front

Also, be sure to check the video I posted in the last part of the post. There seems to be a big problem underlying here

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Going to pass this along to the teams; thanks for this thread!

Can you please take a look at my account

I've been fucked since 11/2012 with no help

The network team gave me Starhawk Retail as a good gesture on their part to get the situation fixed, I'm still in limbo regarding my account
I have roughly $2,000+ worth of stuff to navigate through

Can't you just search for a game you purchased and be presented with the option to re-download it?

For me the store boots me out or tells me thanks for the purchase and nothing happens

I have to do Age of Booty trick to get my content DL

I said that in my original post. That is not a real solution, and requires checking the list from the SEN account page and dealing with PS3's inefficient PSN Store front

Also, be sure to check the video I posted in the last part of the post. There seems to be a big problem underlying here

So, what about downloading a game, navigating the ingame menus to the DLC, downloading all your purchased stuff from there?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So, what about downloading a game, navigating the ingame menus to the DLC, downloading all your purchased stuff from there?

I rarely download DLC, so...no clue? This isn't dealing with the problem I'm presenting.

Is this only a problem for people stacking free/discounted codes?

Coz I don't have this issue as a PS+ member.

It could be, I'm not sure. Maybe has to do with those 1 month codes

Edit: Appears not, according to post #52

Top Bottom