• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE Sony 09 blowout - LittleBigPlanet PSP, Uncharted 2, Price cuts & more

swerve

LiquidMetal14 said:
Or all the others ones that shit on pretty much every game ever made.

I must assume you're talking in terms of technical visual achievement, as opposed fun or style.

In which case, it'll only be shitting on other games until the next one. Hardly a great achievement being the newest big budget game.

womfalcs3

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
How can Uncharted be your favorite Franchise? Wtf, it's not even a franchise. It's one game.

A second game is in the works. Thus it has become a franchise. No game has been so fun to play so far. No game has made me feel like I'm playing a game from my childhood. Pure fun.

Linkified

MvmntInGrn said:
Those are pretty guaranteed, Uncharted 2 is likely since it wasn't long after Uncharted 1 was shown that it was given a date (I think). They said at e3 GOW3 hopefully in 09, but I doubt it.

GT5 seems likely 09 too since the 2010 release was somewhat laughed at.

And of course we'll probablly get Singstar: Volume 4 and since Buzz has been released I wonder if they plan more Buzz on PSP and dlc on PS3 versions or there going to come out with another uber casual game.

And if these rumours are to be believed Sony seems to be getting any title thats sold reasonable and ask for a version for psp - seems a bit like they're tried everything last ditch resort especially for some territories.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
swerve said:
I must assume you're talking in terms of technical visual achievement, as opposed fun or style.

In which case, it'll only be shitting on other games until the next one. Hardly a great achievement being the newest big budget game.
That's what you would say about your favorite game? If the game is getting some pretty positive buzz from the beta then surely GG must be doing something right. Don't try to downplay it. Sit there and wait to judge for yourself.

AniHawk said:
What about games from your childhood?
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Check fucking mate son'1!!!!!!!!

womfalcs3 said:
If you haven't gotten it. It's a post that relates to the whole "Things aren't as good as they used to be." concept.
Just joking with my :lol :lol :lol :lol BTW.

AniHawk said:
Don't forget about Secret Game guys. Secret Game will blow your minds.
You've ben severely beaten to that one. Your other joke did land though.

AniHawk

MvmntInGrn said:
Those are pretty guaranteed, Uncharted 2 is likely since it wasn't long after Uncharted 1 was shown that it was given a date (I think). They said at e3 GOW3 hopefully in 09, but I doubt it.

GT5 seems likely 09 too since the 2010 release was somewhat laughed at.

Don't forget about Secret Game guys. Secret Game will blow your minds.

swerve

LiquidMetal14 said:
That's what you would say about your favorite game? If the game is getting some pretty positive buzz from the beta then surely GG must be doing something right. Don't try to downplay it. Sit there and wait to judge for yourself.

I've got no problem with Guerilla or KillZone, and I hope they are doing plenty right.

I was just wondering why we were talking about a trailer as though it somehow showed the game as being significantly better than all previous games.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
swerve said:
I've got no problem with Guerilla or KillZone, and I hope they are doing plenty right.

I was just wondering why we were talking about a trailer as though it somehow showed the game as being significantly better than all previous games.
Visually yes. Gameplay, well, you should go into the beta thread and read some impressions. Not that it will be the best thing ever but some on here really are trying to downplay the gameplay.

Linkified

So could this secret game the bbc guy mentioned be a cancelled project - like 8 days, maybe the guy didn't realise it was shown already in a teaser trailer in 2006.

Linkified said:
So could this secret game the bbc guy mentioned be a cancelled project - like 8 days, maybe the guy didn't realise it was shown already in a teaser trailer in 2006.

nah, secret game is so secret - no one knows about it, no one.

WrikaWrek

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
A second game is in the works. Thus it has become a franchise. No game has been so fun to play so far. No game has made me feel like I'm playing a game from my childhood. Pure fun.

Ugh, but the thing is, 2nd game hasn't even been announced. I mean, are you posting from the future? It hasn't become a franchise, and it certainly hasn't become your favorite one, since that's impossible.

And yeah, from your childhood? Like, Tomb Raider? I don't know how Uncharted relates to games from childhood at all. It's Gears Raider. I don't remember games like that.

Linkified

WrikaWrek said:
Ugh, but the thing is, 2nd game hasn't even been announced. I mean, are you posting from the future? It hasn't become a franchise, and it certainly hasn't become your favorite one, since that's impossible.

And yeah, from your childhood? Like, Tomb Raider? I don't know how Uncharted relates to games from childhood at all. It's Gears Raider. I don't remember games like that.

The thing is every game released these days are automatically franchises. I know its a different company but before microsoft released Gears of War and Viva Pinata, they aid they were going to turn them into franchises - hey ho look whats happened. I think Sony will be thinking the same with their franchises - so we can assume its a franchise.

Look at LBP it was going to be a franchise before it actually came out.

womfalcs3

Banned
WrikaWrek said:

It has been mentioned by Naughty Dog. There was an article about recently.

It's a franchise because the developers have already made it one by making a second installment.

When I said that, I didn't mean gameplay mechanics. I meant the fun aspect of it. The game puts a smile on my face whenever I play it. There's that same feeling I used to get when my only worry in life was when the next cartoon episode would be on.

WrikaWrek

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
It has been mentioned by Naughty Dog. There was an article about recently.

It's a franchise because the developers have already made it one by making a second installment.

Look, it's not a franchise until it's a franchise. And even the notion that 2 games make a franchise, is fucked up in itself.

And you don't even know how good Uncharted 2 will be. I'm just saying, you are basically saying "This franchise that isn't a franchise but i say it is because a sequel that i haven't played and hasn't even officially been announced, and i haven't seen shit of, is in the works and that means it's a franchise, it's my favorite franchise of this generation."

Seriously.

womfalcs3

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Look, it's not a franchise until it's a franchise. And even the notion that 2 games make a franchise, is fucked up in itself.

And you don't even know how good Uncharted 2 will be. I'm just saying, you are basically saying "This franchise that isn't a franchise but i say it is because a sequel that i haven't played and hasn't even officially been announced, and i haven't seen shit of, is in the works and that means it's a franchise, it's my favorite franchise of this generation."

Seriously.

I have never been disappointed with a Naughty Dog game. I'm not going to act like I may be disappointed with Uncharted 2. Especially since it'll use the same (yet tweaked) assets/engine.

Uncharted is the best game this generation, for me, so far, and I'm highly confident the franchise will be my favorite by the time this console cycle ends.

If you want to attack my definition of "franchise", that's my personal definition.

Linkified

WrikaWrek said:

Its not a franchise until the publisher/developer say its a franchise. Not a notion of number of games make up a franchise.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Linkified said:
Its not a franchise until the publisher/developer say its a franchise. Not a notion of number of games make up a franchise.

So a franchise can like only be made of one game.

Ok, that makes no sense to me.

gtj1092

^^^^^^

Does it cause you pain that he loves uncharted and is looking forward to the the sequel. I'm sure you weren't wetting your panties in anticipation of Gears 2. Since you know it wasn't a franchise and you hadn't even played the sequel yet.

WrikaWrek

Banned
gtj1092 said:
^^^^^^

Does it cause you pain that he loves uncharted and is looking forward to the the sequel. I'm sure you weren't wetting your panties in anticipation of Gears 2. Since you know it wasn't a franchise and you hadn't even played the sequel yet.

Cause me pain that he loves Uncharted? We aren't talking about the quality of Uncharted, so reach much? Also i have no problem with him looking forward to the sequel, so i don't understand where you are coming from.

And this

I'm sure you weren't wetting your panties in anticipation of Gears 2. Since you know it wasn't a franchise and you hadn't even played the sequel yet.

Ugh, what? I don't even understand exactly what you mean with that. I wasn't wetting my panties in anticipation for Gears 2 because i didn't know if it was a franchise and hadn't played the sequel?

Wtf are you talking about?

Loudninja said:
Ia this really that big of a deal to you?

Was just saying, it's not a franchise yet.

SSM25

I considered Gears a Franchise even before the first one came out, how terribly wrong was I, I should kill myself now.....bye

GT5 in 2009? I don't think so.

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

source

gtj1092

WrikaWrek said:
Cause me pain that he loves Uncharted? We aren't talking about the quality of Uncharted, so reach much? Also i have no problem with him looking forward to the sequel, so i don't understand where you are coming from.

And this

Ugh, what? I don't even understand exactly what you mean with that. I wasn't wetting my panties in anticipation for Gears 2 because i didn't know if it was a franchise and hadn't played the sequel?

Wtf are you talking about?

Was just saying, it's not a franchise yet.

WrikaWrek said:

Seriously.

This post is what i was referring too.

WrikaWrek

Banned
gtj1092 said:
This post is what i was referring too.

Because he said it was his favorite franchise. So unless he was posting from the future, how can you claim something is your favorite when it hasn't happened?

Like me saying Jessica Alba is the best sex i ever had. Now, i never had sex with her, but i believe that in the future, i will have sex with her and it will be the best sex i've ever had.

So i'm just jumping ahead.

That was easy to explain, no? I mean, i don't think it was hard to understand in the 1st place, unlike your whole gears 2 thing.

klee123 said:
Usually happens to every Sony thread containing anything remotely positive about the PS3.
Actually it kind of happens in every thread about everything around here. The only threads that avoid this fate are uninteresting ones that are off the first page in an hour or two.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Actually it kind of happens in every thread about everything around here. The only threads that avoid this fate are uninteresting ones that are off the first page in an hour or two.
Pretty much. The only difference is which posters are crapping the thread up, and to that extent klee123 is right because it's pretty much all the usual Sony-trolling culprits in here. What I don't understand is the people who act surprised about it.

WrikaWrek

Banned
badcrumble said:
Pretty much. The only difference is which posters are crapping the thread up, and to that extent klee123 is right because it's pretty much all the usual Sony-trolling culprits in here. What I don't understand is the people who act surprised about it.

Who's trolling?

What do you want people to do? "Reads topic, enters, posts *Cheers Sony, i'm so happy* leaves".

I don't understand some of the complaints, what to you guys want from a forum made for discussion?

WrikaWrek said:
Who's trolling?

What do you want people to do? "Reads topic, enters, posts *Cheers Sony, i'm so happy* leaves".

I don't understand some of the complaints, what to you guys want from a forum made for discussion?

pretty much, some fans should visit a Playstation-only site than.

WrikaWrek said:
Who's trolling?

I don't know about the rest of these guys, but I would like a bakery-fresh cinnamon roll.

Top Bottom