• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE Sony 09 blowout - LittleBigPlanet PSP, Uncharted 2, Price cuts & more

Segata Sanshiro said:
I tend to think of y'all as SEGA fans during the Saturn era. Cuz, you know, the PS3 actually has some genuine good games.

now you're going to far. the PS3 has no Daytona or Panzer Dragoon.

Linkified

womfalcs3 said:
I'm assuming somebody at the meeting told somebody in the press (The source was "tipped" off.). No low-level employee would attend such briefing.

If that this was of course real, we have no way of verifying anything at all until Sony speaks.

Dragon

Banned
solid2snake said:
now you're going to far. the PS3 has no Daytona or Panzer Dragoon.

Why don't you come to my Lair and play some Wipeout HD with me? Perhaps we could venture into some Uncharted territory.

Segata Sanshiro said:
The Saturn didn't have Phantasy Star either, "remakes" aside.

CAUGHT YOU, YOU CHEEKY STEALTH EDITING MONKEY!

2lv0lma.jpg

Dire

Psychotext said:
Worth mentioning that this isn't a press thing... it's an internal company thing. What we're seeing here (if it's reliable) is a leak.

So how low of people were invited to this meeting? I mean I somehow doubt that "Legends" is a VP or higher ranking person in Sony who just suddenly decided to start leaking data to a second rate gaming blog/site. And if you start bringing in all the 'riff-raff', it kind of begs the question of why they're discussing matters that would have little relevance to them and could have potentially negative consequences if leaked.

Fizzle

Dire said:
So how low of people were invited to this meeting? I mean I somehow doubt that "Legends" is a VP or higher ranking person in Sony who just suddenly decided to start leaking data to a second rate gaming blog/site. And if you start bringing in all the 'riff-raff', it kind of begs the question of why they're discussing matters that would have little relevance to them and could have potentially negative consequences if leaked.

I find it annoying when people don't look back on the thread for answers.

I do it sometimes. But seriously, I've/It's gotta stop.

Fizzle

womfalcs3 said:
Most of it seems common sense... except for the price cut news. No sane company is going to reveal a price cut 4 months in advance. Especially in the context of how the information in the article was obtained.

I don't doubt a cut is coming, it's that I don't believe Sony would tell the press this early.

They never told the press anything. :/

pr0cs

I just don't see how a lot of the "blowout" can be true, the games announcements are believable enough but the price cuts things make NO sense before the start of the shopping season. Even remotely hinting at a price cut in March 2009 would be like chopping your feet off before the start of the holiday race. If he did in fact mention it then his handlers should be slapping him around because it will take the wind out of their sails (sales) for the rest of the holiday shopping season.

Dire

Fizzle said:
I find it annoying when people don't look back on the thread for answers.

I do it sometimes. But seriously, I've/It's gotta stop.

There are just so many logical fallacies in this whole thing. Ok, let's say for a second you think they're inviting game testers, QA people or whatever other role "Legends" is to their company meetings where they discuss their confidential business strategy for the next 6 months.

Why have none of these reports been corroborated? When you DO invite the 'riff raff', things get leaked - and fast. Yet all we have is a single post from one site of questionable repute that has self advertised on just about every major gaming medium online. I dunno, I suppose I'm just a cynic - and this smells funny to me.

Ban bet: me versus censoring the dpad domain name if they don't cut the price in March? :D

fse

pr0cs said:
I just don't see how a lot of the "blowout" can be true, the games announcements are believable enough but the price cuts things make NO sense before the start of the shopping season. Even remotely hinting at a price cut in March 2009 would be like chopping your feet off before the start of the holiday race. If he did in fact mention it then his handlers should be slapping him around because it will take the wind out of their sails (sales) for the rest of the holiday shopping season.

games make sense. price cuts not so much, since they have shareholders and wanna make money. a killzone 2 bundle would rock (i want one plz).

Ponn

Banned
I like Little Big Planet. I think my first user created level will be a shit fest then at the very end Bishoptl pops up and yells "Good Morning!" and everything gets sunny and roses pop up.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
bishoptl said:
Good morning!
Good evening! :)

Also, I am either a complete idiot, or QWOP is the most evil Rhythm game ever created, darn your tag.

No, I am not touching this thread with a barge pole, I'm out

Fizzle

Dire said:
There are just so many logical fallacies in this whole thing. Ok, let's say for a second you think they're inviting game testers, QA people or whatever other role "Legends" is to their company meetings where they discuss their confidential business strategy for the next 6 months.

Why have none of these reports been corroborated? When you DO invite the 'riff raff', things get leaked - and fast. Yet all we have is a single post from one site of questionable repute that has self advertised on just about every major gaming medium online. I dunno, I suppose I'm just a cynic - and this smells funny to me.

Ban bet: me versus censoring the dpad domain name if they don't cut the price in March? :D

Yeah but you can just create another account and still call the next one BS. :lol

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Hellraizer said:
Yeah thats what I wanna know too.
I got to 6 Metres before it all went Pete Tong, all I know is that Bish has some 'splaining to do. Git.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
mintylurb said:
Haha. solid2snake banned again. That kid gets banned more often than any other gafers I can remember.
Well, that's his last one, so dip a cigar in your favorite intern to celebrate.

Oooh, time for some KZ2!

Top Bottom