• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Human cost of conspiracy theories.

Jan 11, 2019
Tokyo, Japan

A "queer commie on the autistic spectrum".....
nicolas cage laughing GIF

Tschumi

Banned
Jul 4, 2020
Japan
Papa Papa (forgot to quote your post)

Well I'm just as bored as you are and i wanna kill time by offering opinions here, and i don't really give a toss that you don't agree with many of them.. love Mogwai though~

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019
Tokyo, Japan
Well I'm just as bored as you are and i wanna kill time by offering opinions here, and i don't really give a toss that you don't agree with many of them.. love Mogwai though~
Conspiracy Theorists are the only ones that can scare the elites from doing tyrannical and illegal shit to the world.

In other words, "Who's watching the Watchmen?"

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tschumi

Tschumi

Banned
Jul 4, 2020
Japan
Conspiracy Theorists are the only ones that can scare the elites from doing tyrannical and illegal shit to the world.

In other words, "Who's watching the Watchmen?"
Well since we're on topic.. I'm not sure conspiracy theorists act as forces for keeping politicians in check, i think things like an independent judiciary and investigative journalism, whistleblowers, scientists and the like are the ones who make a difference there.. i don't think UFO conspiracy theorists have made a single politician think "aw shucks i really aughta be honest the next time marvin the martian gangsta leans past my window"

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019
Tokyo, Japan
Well since we're on topic.. I'm not sure conspiracies act as forces for keeping politicians in check, i think things like an independent judiciary and investigative journalism, whistleblowers, scientists and the like are the ones who make a difference there.. i don't think UFO conspiracy theorists have made a single politician think "aw shucks i really aughta be honest the next time marvin the martian gangsta leans past my window"
What a silly way to define and delineate who and what can be defined as "conspiracy theorists".

You just stated the main sources to which conspiracy theorists use for building their theory.

In today's world, either you're an NPC or a conspiracy theorist.

Tschumi

Banned
Jul 4, 2020
Japan
What a silly way to define and delineate who and what can be defined as "conspiracy theorists".

You just stated the main sources to which conspiracy theorists use for building their theory.

In today's world, either you're an NPC or a conspiracy theorist.
I don't agree that that's today's world~ maybe it's the world of certain people... i don't wanna have any beef with you, our shared MGS fandom is a nice part of this forum for me~

I didn't define or delineate anyone, if we read my post i think it'll stand up to this: I'm just saying people who deal explicitly, and necessarily, in facts and legal processes are more influential than people who, just, stew on disproven ideas because they really want them to be true.

I'm not saying conspiracy theorists have never achieved any victories for truth, i just don't think they're the sole voice, or the loudest voice, the most effective voice, for holding power to account, as you described them

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019
Tokyo, Japan
I don't agree that that's today's world~ maybe it's the world of certain people... i don't wanna have any beef with you, our shared MGS fandom is a nice part of this forum for me~

I didn't define or delineate anyone, if we read my post i think it'll stand up to this: I'm just saying people who deal explicitly, and necessarily, in facts and legal processes are more influential than people who, just, stew on disproven ideas because they really want them to be true.

I'm not saying conspiracy theorists have never achieved any victories for truth, i just don't think they're the sole voice, or the loudest voice, the most effective voice, for holding power to account, as you described them
Well said....

Enjay

Feb 18, 2009
Instead, he watched his deceased son buried a second time, under hundreds of pages of hateful web content. “I don’t think there’s any one word that fits the horror of it,” Pozner says. “It’s a phenomenon of the age which we’re in, modern day witch-hunts. It’s a form of mass delusion.”
This style of writing is not making this situation seem serious at all.