• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humankind - Trailer

Chukhopops

Mtv Mtc GIF by MTV’s Lindsay Lohan’s Beach Club

Another day one game on GP in August after Hades and Psychonauts 2 plus Starmancer early access.

reksveks

Sega getting that dough from Gamepass, I personally am very happy as there is only two/three strategy games that I would buy relatively easily without umm-ing and aah-ing.

AoE
Civilization
Total War

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Looks like previews might be starting to come out which means no more delays. This is definitely one of my most anticipated games of the year; the Edgar Poe demo was really quite good.

Concern

Looks interesting. Haven't played one of these since civilization revolution. Absolutely couldn't get into civ 6. Maybe cuz it wasn't made consoles in mind I guess.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

HUMANKIND™ is a huge game, but don't just take our word for it. Let us show you how big the game really is!

HUMANKIND™ is Amplitude Studios’ upcoming historical 4X strategy game where you’ll combine cultures throughout six different eras to become the most famous empire in history.

PRE-PURCHASE on Steam, Stadia or the Epic Games Store NOW!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Humankind reviewed on PC by Leana Hafer.

I don't dislike Humankind - far from it. But as the sun sets on my attractive empire, I'm not that impressed with it either. It certainly has some strong ideas, and the diplomacy system, at least in theory, is excellent. I loved the flexibility of being able to specialize in something different with each new culture I adopted. But especially against the passive and tactically inept AI, I kept feeling like I'd rather be playing Civ 4, or Civ 5, or Civ 6. To be fair, if this were a Civilization game, that would almost be expected - they've each come out in a state that was a bit underwhelming compared to where their predecessors ended up after multiple expansions. And maybe with time and DLC, Humankind will stand alongside the best of them as well. For now, it's an intriguing, though not always excelling, offshoot of a time-tested formula that succeeds at making me want to keep clicking one more turn...

Last edited:

McCheese

The AI in this game is pure broken, any difficulty setting above games journalist just has the same dumb AI but given cheat-codes. Not seen such blatant AI cheating since Command and Conquer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the trailer for a look at what to expect with the Día de los Muertos event in the historical 4X strategy game Humankind.

During the Día de los Muertos event, players can complete challenges and earn special symbols, decorations, and the Catrina avatar preset.

Humankind's Día de los Muertos event is available now until November 30, 2021.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A free demo is available now for Humankind, the historical 4X strategy game where you combine cultures through six different eras to become the most famous empire in history.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Humankind's Holi event brings gameplay challenges, rewards, and a new avatar and persona to unlock in the historical 4X strategy game. Watch the trailer for a look at what to expect with the event, available now until April 11, 2022.

Celebrated in the Indian subcontinent where it originated and across the world, the Holi Festival welcomes the coming of Spring under auspices of love, forgiveness, and spiritual purification.

Top Bottom