• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Voxatron Bundle [Now With Binding Of Isaac/Blocks That Matter/Gish]

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Pay what you want. Voxatron normally costs $15, but we're letting you set the price!

Voxatron works great on Mac, Windows, and Linux.

Be the first to tackle this voxel-based, old-school-gone-new platform shooter. Jump into the Voxatron alpha and shoot your way through twenty challenging areas filled with blocky baddies, destructible toys, and palliative powerups.

Get Voxatron's future content and gameplay updates. As a customer of the Humble Voxatron Debut, you'll receive access to all of Lexaloffle's future updates to Voxatron: levels, characters, and more!

LuchaShaq

Banned
Might be the first humble bundle I don't buy since I've bought them all and don't think I've played any of the games more than 15 minutes.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
there's a steam registry entry for this that suggests it will include binding of isaac and the soundtrack at some point. so, uh, you're probably going to want to buy this.

Stumpokapow said:
there's a steam registry entry for this that suggests it will include binding of isaac and the soundtrack at some point. so, uh, you're probably going to want to buy this.

Completely changed my intent of purchase.

This Bundle will probably have The Binding of Isaac and Blocks That Matter too. PaulLFC posted a screencap of the Steam registry in the official Steam thread:

PaulLFC said:
It seems there may be another Humble Indie Bundle soon containing Binding of Isaac and Blocks that Matter:

vIQQX.png

There's also a new Gothic 'Complete' Pack which contains all Gothic games (including Arcania) except the expansion for Arcania. Since the expansion has an entry right above the pack, it seems it might be a midweek/weekend deal when the expansion is released.

Lexaloffe are the guys behind Voxatron.

Fake edit: Dammit!

volturnus

Banned
I've bought all humble bundles to date, but selling an alpha build is bullshit.

edit:
Seems to have Minecraft's model, sorry about that.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Stumpokapow said:
I wanted to buy The Binding of Issac, so I'll keep an eye on this.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
volturnus said:
I've bought all humble bundles to date, but selling an alpha build is bullshit.

Is it? The first Humble Indie Bundle included pre-release content, and Minecraft, the most successful PC game ever*, used the pay-as-we-develop model. I don't see anything unfair as long as they're a) upfront, b) follow through, and c) aren't a major corporation doing this to exploit customers but rather a starving dev who legitimately need to money to be able to continue development

Xater

Stumpokapow said:

Sold!

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
PounchEnvy said:
Damn Voxatron is out now?

In the same sense Minecraft is "out", I suppose.

I may wait until Isaac/BTM is confirmed since those are the ones I'm actually after. Which means Voxatron is the one I'm actually gonna wind up playing.

volturnus

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Is it? The first Humble Indie Bundle included pre-release content, and Minecraft, the most successful PC game ever*, used the pay-as-we-develop model. I don't see anything unfair as long as they're a) upfront, b) follow through, and c) aren't a major corporation doing this to exploit customers but rather a starving dev who legitimately need to money to be able to continue development
I know the first one had beta builds and all, but they weren't the only games included.
And Minecraft is be different, since early adopters get free updates as the game is developed, it doesn't seem to be the case here, if it is, then I'll gladly support it.

poweld

Bought even though I have BoI already. I think I've jumped on just about every bundle (even if this isn't one). I love their devotion to DRM-free, cross-platform, and charity-supporting releases.

Go, go, humble bundles!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
volturnus said:
since early adopters get free updates as the game is developed, it doesn't seem to be the case here, if it is, then I'll gladly support it.

Get Voxatron's future content and gameplay updates. As a customer of the Humble Voxatron Debut, you'll receive access to all of Lexaloffle's future updates to Voxatron: levels, characters, and more!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Even if you have both future games (Binding of Isaac and Blocks That Matter) and doesn't care about the current game, there's really no excuse to not buy this.

Pay one dollar, give it all to charity, give the keys in the Steam thread.

been waiting for this game. now i can buy it for $1? or should i wait for the other games to be attached?

comes with level builder too?

voxhead800.png

ssvox5.png

ssvox3.png

ssvox2.png

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
First Humble Bundle I've actually been interested in solely because of the game. Looks fantastic.

backlot

Any idea what the system requirements are for this game? I'd like to buy it but I'm not sure it'll play on my crappy laptop.

Ifrit

Can't say no to a pay-what-you-want deal, specially the humble bundle one, they always deliver

I really want to play the Binding of Isaac, hopefully they'll add it

R1CHO

backlot said:
Any idea what the system requirements are for this game? I'd like to buy it but I'm not sure it'll play on my crappy laptop.

Buy it, paid a cent if you want, then you can upgrade your donation...

Ceebs said:
And bought. I feel sorta bad every time since I slide all the sliders towards the devs.
I do that as well. and usually 1 dollar to humble. don't feel bad about it at all though, no interest in eff or child's play.

tjohn86 said:
So Voxatron doesn't come with a Steam key?
do alpha releases usually come out on steam? you'll probably have to wait for full release

Chesskid1

Banned
def in just for binding of issac later. don't like minecraft type games sadly. i lack creativity.

hmm, not even sure if it's like minecraft. i just assumed.

Voidguts

holy fsdlfaskfjsd, I didn't know Voxatron was even out yet - been looking forward to it forever thanks to the awesome videos. bought!

Top Bottom