• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hundreds of games release dates may have been leaked (again) on Nvidia

MOTM

Banned
So if this list is true, next year on Xbox we’re getting:

Stalker 2
Redfall
FM8
Hellblade 2
Gears 6
Avowed
StarField

Sounds way too good to be true but crazily enough it’s not impossible.

yurinka

That's Fable reboot.
Lots of that dates are probably placeholders or will change in the future.

By the way, there are two Machine Games projects.Idiana Jones for 2024 and something called Relict for late 2022. Second one is probably Wolfenstein 3.
Fable 4 appears as a separate game to be released 2023-10-12. So whoever wrote the list didn't know that game was Fable 4 and was mading out stuff or -if the list is real- they have another game coming.

Last edited:

Stalker 2
Redfall
FM8
Hellblade 2
Gears 6
Avowed
StarField

Gut feeling tells me Avowed and Gears are gonna be 2023. Everything else is plausible.

yurinka

Stalker 2
Redfall
FM8
Hellblade 2
Gears 6
Avowed
StarField

Gut feeling tells me Avowed and Gears are gonna be 2023. Everything else is plausible.
I updated this previous post adding more things that lead to think this list is full of shit. According to this list MS would publish over a dozen big AAA games in 2022, which isn't realistic at all. Which combined with a ton of Sony games also listed for 2022 when they would be there too early compared to the distances they had between PS launch to PC launch until now makes it pretty suspicious.

And also got at least a couple of big mistakes in Capcom games that pretty much confirm they copied the Capcom games from a leaked list that had a super bad mistranslation (and whoever made the list also copied that mistake, one that Capcom wouldn't have).

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
So every game in the world gets outsourced to NVIDIA for testing? Can’t say I know for sure how this works but that sounds incredibly unlikely.

The devs often communicate with Nvidia for various reasons such as improving compatibility with their graphics card, fix graphics card related bugs or adding features. Their games gets added to the database to facilitate communication , internal tracking and testing with Nvidia and among themselves. If the devs abandon the project they might not remove the listing, so the list can be both true yet didn't materialize. And dates are placeholder

Of course not all games will be added to the list. Some games work fine without additional help or communication with Nvidia

yurinka

The devs often communicate with Nvidia for various reasons such as improving compatibility with their graphics card, fix graphics card related bugs or adding features. Their games gets added to the database to facilitate communication , internal tracking and testing with Nvidia and among themselves. If the devs abandon the project they might not remove the listing, so the list can be both true yet didn't materialize. And dates are placeholder

Of course not all games will be added to the list. Some games work fine without additional help or communication with Nvidia
In theory that list were games to be included in Nvidia's game streaming service GeForce Now.

MOTM

Banned
I updated this previous post adding more things that lead to think this list is full of shit. According to this list MS would publish over a dozen big AAA games in 2022, which isn't realistic at all. And also got at least a couple of big mistakes in Capcom games.
Nothing crazy about the Capcom games being delayed a quarter or 2 🤷‍♂️ Doesn’t make the list BS.

Out of all those MS games I expect a couple to also be delayed by 1 or 2 quarters pushing them into 2023.

Sony published 3 PS exclusives within +/- 1 year on PC (Horizon, GOW, Death Stranding) so them picking up the pace in 2022 and beyond also doesn’t sound crazy. They even bought a studio just for that.

The list looks legit, the dates a bit shaky.

Last edited:
According to Github user Woctezuma (Source: Reddit)

"This is a list of GeForce games which have a future release date. Data comes from the GeForce leak, and is purged of Ubisoft games."

New link (thx to @skybaby )

Please not that this list is most likely a few weeks/months old and some games have already been postponed.
Another backup thx to @OceanGaming
Click here

A few mentions:
2022-06-28 A Plague Tale: Requiem
2022-12-07 Avowed
2022-02-08 Batman: Arkham Insurgency (Gotham Knight?)
2022-01-01 Blue Protocol
2022-11-17 Crimson Desert
2024-10-25 Crysis 4
2022-03-01 Death Stranding Director's Cut
2023-03-23 Dune
2023-01-01 Dragon's Dogma 2
2023-01-01 Dragon Quest 12: The Flames of Fate
2022-06-15 Dragon Age 4
2024-06-15 Everwild
2023-10-12 Fable 4
2022-02-01 Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster
2022-08-12 Forza Motorsport 8
2022-11-10 Gears 6
2022-02-08 Ghost of Tsushima
2022-02-01 Hollow Knight: Silksong
2022-09-30 Horizon Forbidden West
2023-01-03 Injustice 3: Gods Will Fall
2023-07-01 Monster Hunter 6
2023-04-03 Mortal Kombat XII
2022-11-15 Project Typhoon (Contraband)
2022-10-03 Ratchet & Clank
2022-04-30 Returnal
2022-11-01 Resident Evil 4 Remake
2022-05-01 Sackboy: A Big Adventure
2024-01-02 The Elder Scrolls VI
2022-12-01 Tekken 8
2022-10-27 Untitled Respawn Game (Fallen Order II?)
So Mortal Kombat 12 and Injustice 3 are three months apart? yeah that doesn't add up lol.

yurinka

Nothing crazy about the Capcom games being delayed a quarter or 2 🤷‍♂️ Doesn’t make the list BS.

Out of all those MS games I expect a couple to also be delayed by 1 or 2 quarters pushing them into 2023.

Sony published 3 PS exclusives within +/- 1 year on PC (Horizon, GOW, Death Stranding) so them picking up the pace in 2022 and beyond also doesn’t sound crazy. They even bought a studio just for that.

The list looks legit, the dates a bit shaky.
As I said I'd believe the delays. What I don't believe is the opposite with RE4 remake, which in addition to don't be delayed with covid would get released a quarter earlier. But maybe is because whoever was creating the dates for that list saw in the Capcom leak Q4 FY2022 and thought it was Oct-Dec 2022, when it really was Jan-March 2023.

And well, how about the RE Outbreak thing? The game in the leak was RE Outrage but leaker wrongly translated it as RE Outbreak and all the press and whoever filled that Nvidia list wrote it as RE Outbreak without noticing it was a mistranslation.

I don't buy that MS would release over a dozen big AAA games in a single year, their marketing folks would be too saturated and we would already knew many of these dates as of now. Specially considering that according to this list some of these MS teams even have 2 games to be released only separated by a few months, as outside the MS exclusives also would happen with Netherrealm's MK12 and Injustice 3 to name only another case.

Regarding Sony, I'd understand that they could increase their pace from 3-4 games per year to maybe 6 per year, and maybe to shorten a bit the delay between PS and PC. But that list is too crazy specially considering what Hermen Hulst and Jim Ryan said several times recently about that (to don't expect all games to be ported to PC, to don't expect to see them day one or very close to the console release outside maybe some GaaS, etc).

Yes, the list is pretty crazy and hard to believe.

Last edited:

MOTM

Banned
Regarding Sony, I'd understand that they could increase their pace from 3-4 games per year to maybe 6 per year, and maybe to shorten a bit the delay between PS and PC. But that list is too crazy specially considering what Hermen Hulst and Jim Ryan said several times recently about that (to don't expect all games to be ported to PC, to don't expect to see them day one or very close to the console release outside maybe some GaaS, etc).

Sony also said they believe in generations.

They’ve been lieing a lot lately so what Helmut and Jim said about PC ports means nothing.

Last edited:

yurinka

They’ve been lieing a lot lately so what Helmut and Jim said about PC ports means nothing.
No, they didn't lie. In the 'we believe in generations' interview Jimbo explained they were going to keep supporting PS4 for a few years after PS5 and the reasons behind it (still almost 100M monthly active users on PS4 around PS5 launch, most of who will need several years to migrate to PS5 etc). Sony never said they weren't going to avoid crossgen games.

MOTM

Banned
As I said I'd believe the delays. What I don't believe is the opposite with RE4 remake, which in addition to don't be delayed with covid would get released a quarter earlier. But maybe is because whoever was creating the dates for that list saw in the Capcom leak Q4 FY2022 and thought it was Oct-Dec 2022, when it really was Jan-March 2023.

And well, how about the RE Outbreak thing? The game in the leak was RE Outrage but leaker wrongly translated it as RE Outbreak and all the press and whoever filled that Nvidia list wrote it as RE Outbreak without noticing it was a mistranslation.

I don't buy that MS would release over a dozen big AAA games in a single year, their marketing folks would be too saturated and we would already knew many of these dates as of now. Specially considering that according to this list some of these MS teams even have 2 games to be released only separated by a few months, as outside the MS exclusives also would happen with Netherrealm's MK12 and Injustice 3 to name only another case.

No, they didn't lie. In the 'we believe in generations' interview Jimbo explained they were going to keep supporting PS4 for a few years after PS5 and the reasons behind it (still almost 100M monthly active users on PS4 around PS5 launch, most of who will need several years to migrate to PS5 etc). Sony never said they weren't going to avoid crossgen games.
Dogcisd.gif

yurinka

Dogcisd.gif
If you go to read that interview, you'll see threre that he meant that he wanted to see the games using in PS5 the new stuff it added like haptic feedback, adaptative triggers, 3D audio, super fast speeds etc.

Something implemented in crossgen and non-crossgen games.

Returnal's date is pretty interesting; maybe one-year staggers between PS5 and PC is Sony's strategy all around?

Everwild just looks like it was announced WAY too soon, but I'm actually really satisfied with the other MS release dates, especially Avowed and Contraband. MS's 2022 looking a lot more stacked than before, a lot of big games coming from them (provided nothing's delayed).

Kind of worried Hellblade 2 is further out than preferred tho; as for Sony I'm thinking the Rachet & Clank there is Rift Apart; makes little sense it's the 2016 game when that was a soft reboot and tie-in to the movie at that time.

Velius

Banned
I would adore a Chrono Cross remaster that's not butchered. Holy crapI don't want to get too excited because I don't want to be disappointed!

Arsic

Gold Member
Why would NR release injustice and mortal kombat the same year ?

This list of dates is so wrong it's insane. I would wager the games are real though.

Midn1ght

Nvidia right now

hide GIF

Forza Motorsport 8 only a few months after Horizon 5 is weird. Were they this close to each other in the past?
Ghost of Tsushima and Sackboy seems also too close knowing that God of War and Uncharted are being released early next year but who knows...

What a leak...

Topher

Gold Member

The "generations" bit was stupid PR but it wasn't a lie at all.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

2023-03-23 Dune

What the ...
Side game will be to maintain your spice production. Just watched the movie yesterday.

Banned

Stalker 2
Redfall
FM8
Hellblade 2
Gears 6
Avowed
StarField

these could be old release targets that got derailed over time. Especially Avowed seems a bit early, Starfield I could see happening.

Forza 8 is also way too early, I bet it was planned at first to have a new Forza Motorsport game way earlier but with Covid and also them completely rebooting the series this seems to be delayed way beyond what was first planned

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Nvidia right now

hide GIF

Forza Motorsport 8 only a few months after Horizon 5 is weird. Were they this close to each other in the past?
Ghost of Tsushima and Sackboy seems also too close knowing that God of War and Uncharted are being released early next year but who knows...

What a leak...
Yep, most of those dates are probably not accurate by now with all the delays the gaming industry is experiencing. Still a good indication of what's to come in a few month imo.

And yeah Nvidia must be receiving some salty emails from different publishers right now lol.

Griffon

2021-12-01 Chrono Cross Remaster

So a game's supposed to be out in less than a month, and hasn't even been announced? I'm thinking the list is fake.

Yeah... smells like bullshit trying to piggyback on the previous leaked nvidia stuff.

OrochiJR

Injustice 3 and MK 12 within a few months? Does not really sound feasible, as does the next Arkham game (Gotham Knight) being just 4 months out when we have not seen proper gameplay footage.

Still, I want to believe.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
If you go to read that interview, you'll see threre that he meant that he wanted to see the games using in PS5 the new stuff it added like haptic feedback, adaptative triggers, 3D audio, super fast speeds etc.

Something implemented in crossgen and non-crossgen games.
We're a year later and they're still going about that line so don't bother. They will never read the full interview, they just repeat each other without thinking.

The only one lying is them.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yep, most of those dates are probably not accurate by now with all the delays the gaming industry is experiencing. Still a good indication of what's to come in a few month imo.

And yeah Nvidia must be receiving some salty emails from different publishers right now lol.
I agree.

Game title more reliable than game date.

anthony2690

Banned
No chance gears 6 is next year, especially as coalition are working on a new ip before gears, to get accustomed with unreal engine 5.

Last edited:
Sorry, but the Playstation titles release dates are just wishful thinking, if they are really coming to PC, these are just placeholder dates...
Sony releasing all their flagship titles in the future within 1 year or less after they launch on PS4/5 is just not an option for them, since they want to sell consoles, since they make more money on their platform compared to PC.

If you see also the future lists, sure most of these games come to PC one day, but often the release date was not even near what was written in the list.
So you can check this list and see what games are coming in the future, but its just not reliable when it comes to release dates, a lot of placeholders in this list.

Last edited:

yurinka

Sorry, but the Playstation titles release dates are just wishful thinking, if they are really coming to PC, these are just placeholder dates...
Sony releasing all their flagship titles in the future within 1 year or less after they launch on PS4/5 is just not an option for them, since they want to sell consoles, since they make more money on their platform compared to PC.

If you see also the future lists, sure most of these games come to PC one day, but often the release date was not even near what was written in the list.
So you can check this list and see what games are coming in the future, but its just not reliable when it comes to release dates, a lot of placeholders in this list.
The MS list is wishful thinking too, they can't publish over a dozen AAA games in 2022 alone. They will spread these games over different years.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Ghosts of Tsushima and Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster both in February 2022, Tactics Ogre Remaster in March 2022, Street Fighter VI in 2023, Tekken 8 in late 2022. UMBASA.

The release date of TMNT Shredder's Revenge got pushed back to 2022.

Top Bottom