• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunt: Showdown for PS4 launches February 18

Mista

Banned
Hunt-1.0-770x470.jpg

The PlayStation 4 version of first-person bounty hunting game Hunt: Showdown will launch on February 18, publisher Koch Media and developer Crytek announced.

Hunt: Showdown will be available both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4. A physical edition of the August 2019-released Xbox One version will be available on the same day as the PlayStation 4 release.

Crytek will continue to add new content to Hunt: Showdown over the next year via regular updates. The version 1.2 update will include random teams of three, an advanced tutorial, new Legendary Hunters, new equipment and weapons, server-side performance improvements, client CPU performance fixes, and a number of other general bug fixes.

Beyond the version 1.2 update, bigger updates will add cross-play between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, a solo player-versus-enemy mode, live events, outfit customization, and a new map.

Here is an overview of Hunt: Showdown, via Crytek:
Hunt: Showdown is a competitive first-person bounty hunting game that packs the thrill of survival games into a match-based format. Set in Louisiana in 1895, the game boasts a mixture of player-versus-player and player-versus-enemy elements that creates a uniquely tense experience. It is not just the creatures who are a threat—it is every Hunter on the map.

In the classic game mode, a match of Hunt pits 12 players—playing solo or in teams of two or teams of three—against each other as they race to take out gruesome beasts for a bounty they must collect and get off of the map, while Hunt’s quickplay mode offers a shorter match for solo players to scavenge for weapons as they compete for a diminishing pool of bounty. The higher the risk, the higher the reward–but a single mistake could cost everything.
Gematsu

thief183

Yea the PVE mode is only solo, but why you need a pve mode in a game like this? I always wanted to ask but on the steam forum you can't have an answer without getting insulted ^^

thief183

I think PvE is just more casual fun.

But in a game like this id just going to be boring, I mean the threat of the PVE stuff only become a real threat when you are fightinh with the others, there is no real story or huge objective to accomplish...

Romulus

But in a game like this id just going to be boring, I mean the threat of the PVE stuff only become a real threat when you are fightinh with the others, there is no real story or huge objective to accomplish...

Then why is their a solo PvE at all? Just make that 2 player.

Surely they could increase the enemies on the map, along with their speed and damage output.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I wanted to buy this during this sale, but people says it's DOA. Even if you get head shot it doesn't always react as a headshot. That's at least some of the worries I've read on the Steam forum.

VN1X

Banned
Literally just finished this match on PC!

DeHxOEv.jpg

You should all get this game. The last fight we had in that match was so intense I thought my heart would beat out of my chest. Such a riveting experience. And just as an FYI, there's a DLC bundle on sale right now on Steam. Good value if you appreciate some really stellar cosmetics.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing against this game or those who are interested in it but I'm still annoyed and disappointed that Crytek cancelled and turned HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age into this. Was so looking forward to that game years ago. At least I got Remnant: From the Ashes which was basically a replacement for HUNT.

thief183

Literally just finished this match on PC!

DeHxOEv.jpg

You should all get this game. The last fight we had in that match was so intense I thought my heart would beat out of my chest. Such a riveting experience. And just as an FYI, there's a DLC bundle on sale right now on Steam. Good value if you appreciate some really stellar cosmetics.

Nice one, I can add you for some match if you want (and if you are in europe :p).

Top Bottom