• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunt : Showdown just released on Steam

Searched and didnt find an official thread yet, and I dont know how to create one so ill let that to someone else.

Im ready to jump in to this, specially for the price, anyone else has this and wanna co-op?

Jesus Christ I played the game yesterday in "alpha", couldn't make it successfully in game during a single round. Tons of people said they had the same issue. Made a thread about how they needed another six months and if they launch the game in this technical state, they'd be finished as a company on the Steam Forums, deleted.

I thought this game was going to launch 2-3 months from now which would've been bad but.... Wow.

-MD-

Jesus Christ I played the game yesterday in "alpha", couldn't make it successfully in game during a single round. Tons of people said they had the same issue. Made a thread about how they needed another six months and if they launch the game in this technical state, they'd be finished as a company on the Steam Forums, deleted.

I thought this game was going to launch 2-3 months from now which would've been bad but.... Wow.

My steam friend mentioned that it might have the worst matchmaking that's he's ever seen.

I'm interested in the game but I don't have a problem waiting to see how it progresses.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
A link for those (like me) that had to go looking:

Edit: cool, I guess Steam links auto-embed now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I played it during alpha and was extremely surprised that they went straight into EA, it's just not ready as evidenced by the mixed rating. It's actually a really good game, it's just very, very raw right now. The performance is horrible, I have a very high end PC so I can just about brute force it, but if you're running a moderate gaming rig it's going to be extremely choppy. There are also a ton of server errors right now, from ones that prevent earning Hunter and Bloodline ranks to ones that prevent you from playing with friends. The loading times are also massive, it takes so long to successfully join a match, it's vital these fix this one ASAP because it really sucks the fun out of the game waiting around for 5 - 10 minutes every round.

Onto the positives, well the map is fucking fantastic, easily the best ever created in this genre. The atmosphere is amazing and very scary, the mobs are creepy AF, the visual design is excellent and the audio is top notch. The core concept is really enjoyable although it does need a little tweaking to make killing the boss more lucrative, currently most people just camp outside his area while others do the work, the risk vs reward balance just isn't there yet.

Personally I jumped into EA because I really enjoy the game, but I can see why people are so angry as it's clear Crytek jumped the gun by going into EA way too early, it's the exact same build as alpha which isn't surprising as there was less than a day between alpha ending and EA starting. We all expected at least a month of downtime while they worked on a major patch.

abracadaver

Wow

I hate trailers with youtubers

Worst example is the trailer for Battalion 1944 where they only show annoying youtubers pulling off double and triple kills...
immediately turned me off the game. That and that the bullet casings do not fall on the ground

On topic:
I bought Hunt and it is pretty awesome
Sadly bullet casings do not fall on the ground either in Hunt. Hopefully they add that during EA. The sound design is awesome

I also don't like that you have to choose day/night and which boss you want to fight. Random would be better.
I have played 10 hours so far and I will play this for a long time to come. More bosses and more maps are needed though

Camping is way too easy atm. Curious how they will address that

If you get the connection error after a game telling you your progress wasn't saved just restart the game and your XP and money will be there

Also you have to press Shift in addition to the right mouse button to aim down sights

Last edited:
Hunt: Showdown is really a hardcore game and the casual gamer probably won't get into it.
Seeing all the bad stuff other developers and publishers are doing right now this game sets a very positive example.
The developer is very active in the communication with the players and they provide updates every month if not even more often.

I can highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a multiplayer FPS.

thief183

Bump!!!

Is anyone playing hunt these days?

I've been playinf it a lot and I'm having a blast, sure there are some bugs and server problem in some part of the world but the gunplay is super satisfying and the more tactical aproach to gun fights is a breath of fresh air

Top Bottom